Re:Post any Mystery Heritage: Sign of the Spirit Collector`s Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by mysticlady4 on Aug 11, 12 7:11 PM
I have a different problem that anyone else. I have my scuba gear and I am in the water at the bottom of the well. there is supposed to be a 2nd gear near the shell but I can't get it. It gives me a magnifying glass and I have clicked everywhere around that spot where the shell is but nothing happens. I can't move on because I only had one gear for the door puzzle and i need 2 but like i said i have the glass symbol but it won't zoom in so I can get it. I looked at the strategy guide just to be sure, and it says to click on the magnifying glass near the shell to get the 2nd gear. what can i do? I really don't want to start over, i am so far into the game and that will really make me upset if I can't finish it and have to start over, also whats to say I do start over just to get to this point again and it happens again? Help please

kitkat725
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Heritage: Sign of the Spirit Collector`s Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by kitkat725 on Aug 11, 12 8:58 PM
I'm on chapter 26 but can't go back down the well as the SG said. Now I'm stuck. From the other tech problems mentioned here it sounds like they still have bugs, Why does this happen so often?

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Aug 12, 12 9:04 AM
I had not tech issues till the bonus chapter. At the end, there is a HO scene. First I did not get a list, so I backed out, went back in and the list was there. Then I could not get the mask. I backed out, went back in - did this several times and was finally able to click on the mask. Then I got the fire poker.

catluvr
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by catluvr on Aug 12, 12 11:05 AM
Game locked up. I can't go anywhere. The direction arrow is not working anymore so there is nothing I can do!! Another waste of good money.

i closed the game and went back in. it is working fine now.

Edited on 08/12/2012 at 11:30:54 AM PST

[Post New]by shortie5802 on Aug 12, 12 12:04 PM
I'm in the bonus game, and there is a puzzle that you have to do, I found the three pieces you need to do the puzzle, but it's still saying that I'm missing pieces, I only have 2 mirrors in my inventory and the owl keeps say there's nothing to do in any area, the only place it says I have a move is the puzzle

Edited on 08/12/2012 at 12:36:56 PM PST

ingridjp
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by ingridjp on Aug 12, 12 12:14 PM
I was enjoying the trial version, but halfway through I encountered a glitch; I was working on a HOS (cannot remember which one...It was about 3am!), and the screen went blank and locked up. I had to shut my laptop down using the power off button, since I could not get out of the screen shot. I then tried again to play and encountered the same locking up, so I am going to pass on this one.

tc_loki
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by tc_loki on Aug 12, 12 1:23 PM
I'm stuck trying to get the solvent onto the paper. It won't allow me to pick anything up. And based on the strategy guide, my solvent should be pink, but it's blue. Just tells me there's nothing to do here. Help please. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled and no change.

AnnaGP
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaGP on Aug 12, 12 7:48 PM
Hi, I am currently stuck inside the monastary... cannot exit, the strat guide says to walk out but i have tried everywhere and cannot exit.. any help please?

TheMadBlonde
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by TheMadBlonde on Aug 12, 12 11:41 PM
ntmr wrote:TheMadBlonde, In mailbox, you had to take the owls eyes only. do not take the value, the water can be taken in the draw-wel (is on the left of the dog).

Thank-you, Ntmr. I got frustrated and deleted the game already. If I decide to try again, I will start over with a new profile and remember your suggestion. thank you for taking the time to respond.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 14, 12 2:15 AM
Hi Fishies,

mysticlady4 - I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game and trying to collect that item again.

kitkat725 - have you checked the SG to ensure all tasks up to that point have been completed? Sometimes you have perform tasks in a certain order before new areas of the game are assessible.

catluvr and ingridjp - I am sorry that your game is locking up on you, I appreciate that must be frustrating for you both. It sounds like your computers and games may not be communicating as they should with one another.

The following Help articles have some general troubleshooting steps that have helped others to resolve similar issues:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those steps don't help, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team.

This will allow Tech Support to provide some advice tailored to your system!

For game related queries, please feel free to start a new thread in the Game Forums.

Hope this helps.

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by dashcat on Aug 14, 12 11:23 PM
scrollingmama wrote:made it all the way to get the note from the illusionist after he fled...got all the items in that scene and tried to get back to the cemetary but the game wont let me back up past the hearse?

This same exact thing happened to me too. I also wasn't able to exit past the church and pushing the menu button doesn't do anything. I am stuck in the game.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 15, 12 3:57 AM
Hi dashcat,

Welcome to the Pond!

I'm sorry to hear you are stuck in the game!

If you have already uninstalled and reinstalled the game, I would suggest running a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then sending that over to our Tech Support Team.

This will allow Tech Support to provide some advice tailored to your system.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 08/15/2012 at 3:57:50 AM PST

[Post New]by holtsylv31 on Aug 15, 12 5:44 AM
I got as far as going over in the tram car, but when I got to the other side I had big white squares on the screen. Un-installed then re-installed, but it made no difference, white squares still there. Is it me, or have others noticed, that of lately there is a lot of problems cropping up in the games. Its taking a long time to sort out this glitch as well. SO far, a waste of 2 game credits, that you cant finish.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 15, 12 9:49 AM
Hi holtsylv31,

It sounds like there is something going on with the display of your game. In that kind of situation, the first thing we suggest is to update your video card and graphics drivers. You can read more about how to do that in the help article here.

If you try that and are still seeing those white squares, please get in touch with our Tech Support team. They have the tools to really delve in to how that game is running on your particular system and can offer some more specific troubleshooting ideas for you.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Aug 15, 12 12:50 PM
I've read all the tech. issues listed here and I haven't had any of those problems except for the screen freezing. But I found if I waited long enough, it unfroze itself. Stlll don't like that freezing thing tho. I am, in spite of that, really enjoying this game. I'm in Chapter 6 and its a really good mystery.

feenix

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Aug 15, 12 12:52 PM
I've read all the tech. issues listed here and I haven't had any of those problems except for the screen freezing. But I found if I waited long enough, it unfroze itself. Stlll don't like that freezing thing tho. I am, in spite of that, really enjoying this game. I'm in Chapter 6 and its a really good mystery.

feenix

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Aug 15, 12 8:03 PM
New Problem. when i exit the game, it did not save my progress. i reckon i was about 2/3 thru the game, when i opened it tonight i was back 1/3, and will have to redo some Hard Puzzles! i wonder if i should just uninstall/reinstall, it seems the rage lately...

cevans
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by cevans on Aug 15, 12 9:40 PM
Where is fuse 40? The strategy guide shows it to be in the cable car near the robot's lap...not in my game. What's with all the glitches lately. I hate buying a Collector's edition and running into trouble.

ntmr
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by ntmr on Aug 16, 12 2:54 AM
cevans wrote:Where is fuse 40? The strategy guide shows it to be in the cable car near the robot's lap...not in my game. What's with all the glitches lately. I hate buying a Collector's edition and running into trouble.

You need insert the battery in the robot, and you will can take this fuse.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 16, 12 4:48 AM
Hi lvfao,

Your game should be saving your progress as you play, so it sounds like something may be wrong if the game is not saving automatically for you.

I would encourage you to have a look that the following help article which has some great advice on how to ensure your game is running correctly and set up to save as it should:

Game Not Saving

If the problems persist, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you!

Hope this helps

bfgBaikal

Edited on 08/16/2012 at 1:51:47 PM PST

Go to: