DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Comments for Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 11, 12 2:34 AM
Hi Sheerija,
I don't mind rough around the edges myself, so long as I can find a good file.
Well, it seems I might be able to actually play this game soon so I need to reduce my Internet usage and head off.
I hope those of you who have impressions or advice for others here feel comfortable in continuing ...
Cheers

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Aug 11, 12 2:52 AM
Hi DLO. You will be able to play it alright. Trouble is you can't stop it. Once it gets it's hooks into you, you're done for, it will never let you go. Unless you cad it, of course.

Thing is, there's something wrong with the exit menu and you cannot get rid of the thing.

Big pain if you want to play something else.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 11, 12 3:02 AM
Oooh... thx Sheerija! It sounds promising! I need to finish Mystery Heritage first though... not enough hours in a day sometimes.

goddess280653
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by goddess280653 on Aug 11, 12 3:18 AM
Mmmmm - played the demo and it looked like it could be goodie but HO scene overload - way too many for me so I think I'll pass on this one - shame

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Aug 11, 12 3:20 AM
I really liked this game a lot and only stopped to get it!
That's when I discovered that it did not want to be shut down, LOL!
Game has a mind of its own.
I clicked off the full screen and when it windowed I right clicked in the taskbar (TWICE) and it closed on the second time!
The exit button in the game didn't work at all and ,yes, I have posted in the Tech Thread.
I want to play the game, but, seems like a lot of trouble to go to each time I want to exit!
Hope it doesn't take them long to fix the problem!
BK

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Aug 11, 12 3:30 AM
Wake the kids and phone the neighbors we have a madman running amuck and one that likes nursery rhymes go figure. Just when you thought Norman Bates was all tucked away safe and sound BAM this dude shows up wreaking havoc on the neighborhood. What a creepy and freaky game if you like high level creep factor this is the one for you. This has major creep factor in it from the get go even the music is creepy and the creep factor keeps on rolling. This is a great game with lots to do and one that will keep you on your toes through out the entire game it's one of those games where you just can't wait to see what's around the next corner but your almost afraid to look because you never know what's gonna happen next. This one really pulls you in and keeps your attention. The graphics are nicely done things are fairly easy to find. The only drawback the game has is the girl popping up every now and them just standing there talking and then when there is a cut scene she is cartoonish but that's not enough to keep me from buying the game which I already have so I can overlook that. This is a new dev to me and they have delivered a great game so kudos to the dev on this creepfest of a game awesome job ! It has unique game play to it it's one that you want get bored with because there is so much to do and you can go back to the search scenes after your done to collect more stuff if you need it. It has little disc or tapes you slip into a television and watch which helps bring the story together. I'm really liking this game it has a lot to offer and it's done very well. Give the demo a go I don't think you'll be sorry. I'm really looking forward to playing more of the game I just hope I get out alive. Thank you dev's and Big Fish for another creepy fun and exciting game.

Moved from the other comment thread.

Edited on 08/11/2012 at 3:31:11 AM PST

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Aug 11, 12 3:53 AM
I played the Demo and this game has all the bells and whistles I am off to get this game,once you get in the game it has you hooked, I like everything about the game graphics was clear and the sounds are awesome..Thx DEV;s for all your hard work and time you spent on this game..Thx BF for a great game today!!

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by tishythree on Aug 11, 12 4:02 AM
dont usually buy before completing demo but this one i just had to its different really takes some working out lovely lovely off to have lunch before i pull out the rest of my hair

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Aug 11, 12 4:11 AM
800mb for a demo! No way! No thanks!

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Aug 11, 12 6:19 AM
I played until there were 8 minutes left on the demo. The reason I stopped playing opposed to throwing my laptop out a flippin window is because I like my laptop and I hate this game. Where I stopped playing was at a door with numbers on it. To open the door you had to click the right numbers, but you don't have the paper with the right numbers on it. I looked through my diary but no luck, so I said to heck with this game. Oh, by the way, I played about 10 hidden object scenes in the almost hour of play. That was another thing that bugged me. Why do these devs think we love HOs, we don't after we've played a trillion of them. Thanks BF but no thanks.

KelLew34
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by KelLew34 on Aug 11, 12 6:54 AM
I had been disappointed and bummed out lately because of the lack of good SE games. But we've had 2 this week. Hopefully it will continue.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Aug 11, 12 7:21 AM
Guess they were not kidding when they said "hundreds of hidden objects to discover" in the description of the game. I love a good creepy spooky game but what I don't love is going from one hidden object scene to another so no buy for me, unfortunately.

ETA: After playing this game for a while longer I started to really like it. I would prefer less Hos but the game is interesting and pulled me in so I am changing my mind and buying it.

Edited on 08/11/2012 at 6:48:30 PM PST

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Aug 11, 12 8:42 AM
This is an awesome game, I just won it and it took me 7 hours to finish it.

A walkthru is not necessary in my opinion because when you need help the hint button leads you what to do or where the inventory item is located at.

I loved this game and feel I got my money's worth. I enjoy games that give us live actors and the voice overs are fantastic in my opinion. I will have to play another game to get the kidnappers voice out of my head.

I played the game in casual mode so people who are playing in the harder mode may take longer to finish it. I enjoyed the mini games and seldom used a hint for the hidden object screens.

I highly recommend this game if you like mystery games. I have to admit the heroine did not do what I would have done, I would have called the police but then there would not have been a game if she had done that.

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Aug 11, 12 8:48 AM
hannah57 wrote:I played until there were 8 minutes left on the demo. The reason I stopped playing opposed to throwing my laptop out a flippin window is because I like my laptop and I hate this game. Where I stopped playing was at a door with numbers on it. To open the door you had to click the right numbers, but you don't have the paper with the right numbers on it. I looked through my diary but no luck, so I said to heck with this game. Oh, by the way, I played about 10 hidden object scenes in the almost hour of play. That was another thing that bugged me. Why do these devs think we love HOs, we don't after we've played a trillion of them. Thanks BF but no thanks.

I just finished the game and it is true there are many hidden objects but they are not all found in a list.

I normally hate hidden object screens but the way this was done I did not mind it.

The door with the numbers are not on one piece of paper, they are scrawled in different rooms. You will get a diagram and it is in your diary. The numbers automatically fill in for the left and right sides of the door.

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Aug 11, 12 9:14 AM
Love this game! For new Devs they did a excellent job developing the game so thanks Devs and Big Fish. I did not have any problems creating a profile or exiting the game like some did so I hope Big Fish can fix that for them so they too can enjoy this spooky delightful game.

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on Aug 11, 12 9:55 AM
I'm going to download this game and give it a shot but just had to comment on the title. "Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past" -- WTH? Is it just me or are developers really scraping the barrel to come up with new titles? They're just getting weirder and dumber.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Aug 11, 12 9:59 AM
RenaissanceMom wrote:I'm going to download this game and give it a shot but just had to comment on the title. "Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past" -- WTH? Is it just me or are developers really scraping the barrel to come up with new titles? They're just getting weirder and dumber.

You may think that the name does fit, when you start playing. LOL!

Have fun.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Aug 11, 12 11:03 AM
Sherryah expresses well how much I'm enjoying this excellent game myself.

I too usually dislike hos yet these are made fun by the added challenge that if playing on advanced/hardcore, we better pay attention to what we see as we'll need some other items too that are not on the list--love that--& that the hos are pretty, with care taken to make them seem at least pseudo-realistic setups (vs junkpiles on steroids).

Besides great graphics, there's something more mature-feeling or realistic in how this story's been written & in our tasks. I love the settings & greatly enjoy using tools to repair equipment or resolve obstacles in ways that are semi-real-life at least.

Moreover, these devs use storyboard comics to advance the plot--a far cheaper method than cutscenes--& instead they've clearly put extra effort into delivering a good story & especially good game design: with excellent puzzles, atmosphere, settings, voice & music. I'd trade the fancy cutscenes for this kind of immersive quality & challenge any day!

Plus, hardcore mode is hard but fun-hard, a lovely challenge.

Game's run perfectly for me too. Ok, back to playing... just took a quick break as I'd gotten stuck!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 11, 12 12:25 PM
bratzgram wrote:800mb for a demo! No way! No thanks!

Well, at least you don't have to download it again if you choose to purchase it as per CE games as it is the full game.

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Aug 11, 12 1:51 PM
Don't believe these are really new devs as they have several games listed on their web site and also some flash games you can play there.

For some reason, it almost seems like Charles Dalimar visiting Redrum . And that's pretty high praise coming from me <LOL>.

Like some others, I don't normally like a bunch of HOS either, but it just doesn't bother me in this game.

Go to: