trumarcar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Post any Tales of Sorrow: Strawsbrough Town technical issues here only

[Post New]by trumarcar on Aug 26, 12 10:07 AM
Loved this until I had to get the 4 ingredients for the Fortune Teller. I did, but it is saying that I only have 3 of them and cannot go forward.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 26, 12 12:31 PM
Hi trumarcar,

I'm sorry you're running into trouble with that ingredient not registering in your Inventory! First, I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling the game - that will sometimes get this kind of issue straightened out. You can read more about how to do that in the help article here.

If that doesn't help, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support team so they can take a look at everything and work with you directly on the issue. You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by rosiesek on Aug 27, 12 5:07 PM
I too am having the same problem. Was at scene to mix invisibility potion and went back. Ended up at fortune teller's place. When I leave there the screen is blank.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 28, 12 3:53 AM
Hi rosiesek,

Welcome to the Pond!

I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

You could also try updating some of the components that help run your game in case the computer is having some trouble loading the next scenes fully. The advice in the following help article will help you to do that:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If neither of these tips help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 08/28/2012 at 3:53:40 AM PST

[Post New]by cedrica1 on Aug 31, 12 2:21 PM
Fortune Teller did not give the potion to take to cemetary. Game completely shut down

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 31, 12 3:02 PM
Hi cedrica1,

It sounds like you're having a problem that similar to some of the other Fishies above.

First, please try the suggestions in the help article I'm linking below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that doesn't get things resolved so you can move on, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support team. They have the tools to really see how the game is running on your computer and can work with you directly to troubleshoot from there. And if there is a bigger issue with the game itself, the information they can collect from you will really help us pinpoint where it's coming from and get it addressed it as quickly as possible.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket. Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by zelma2503 on Sep 10, 12 9:29 AM

I was mixing the potion in the statues hand and when went backwards the screen went black and crashed. Every time I open it I am now back in the fortune teller's and when trying to back out it go black and refuses to work.

I have made sure every driver possible is up to date, video card everything. It is the game, not my computer I think.

I REALLY do not want to have to replay this game all the way til close to the end again just to see how it ends...........

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 11, 12 11:55 AM
Welcome to the Forums, zelma2503.

I'm so sorry to hear the game crashed on you like that!

Since updating your video card and graphics drivers didn't help, I think it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They have the tools to look at how the game is running on your particular system and work with you directly on some more specific troubleshooting from there.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by aries321 on Sep 11, 12 3:09 PM
I'm having the problem of the screen going black when trying to leave the fortune teller. I tried to contact support but nothing happen when I press continue. I re-installed the game and check my drivers. What else can I do to get the game to work?

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by NiceZombie on Sep 15, 12 12:25 PM
Lol, this is clearly not a problem on the players' side, but a problem in the game itself. Therefore, it should be fixed with an update. When can we expect an update with the ''black screen after the fortune teller'' fix?

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 15, 12 1:32 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing a black screen after the fortune teller scene. So that we can better track that problem and find a solution quickly, I recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team. They can provide further troubleshooting for the problem so you can get back to enjoying the game.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by NiceZombie on Sep 24, 12 1:45 AM
I see it still hasn't been fixed... we can't finish the game.. oh well, at least I used a free coupon for this broken game.

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Sep 27, 12 6:17 AM
Just one more game that has the mouse hard-coded for right-handed people. A LOT of developers have already realized that lefties play games, too, but apparently not this one. I won't even try the game.

ETA: Too bad there isn't an indication of this before we waste time downloading...

Edited on 09/27/2012 at 6:18:26 AM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Sep 27, 12 6:28 AM
Heya Fishies,

I can definitely understand how frustrating this must be for you!

As the other Moderators mentioned here before it would be great if you could get in touch with our Tech Support and to include a Dr. Felix diagnostic report with your message.

This will give them all the information they need to investigate this further.

Thanks!

bfgBiwa

game freezes at invisitiblity potion - can't complete

[Post New]by thatchick01 on Nov 15, 12 4:23 PM
i was generally impressed with this game - until i hit the same glitch as other users. i was attempting to mix the invisibility potion at the statue. i backed out, but instead was brought to the fortune teller's. when i back out of that, i get a black screen.

i restarted the game (5 wildcoins), and immediately hit the same bug.

i uninstalled, reinstalled and started the game (5 wildcoins) and still got the same bug. not being able to finish the game is the worst kind of bug. and i see from this forum people have been reporting this for 4 months?

fatandfrumpy
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by fatandfrumpy on Jun 10, 13 5:57 PM
Same problem stuck back in fortune teller's tent. Already updated everything. Restarted five times.............hell with it. I am scrapping this one.

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Aug 18, 13 12:44 PM
Ummm I downloaded demo and when it finished it said trial expired! didn't even get to do demo!!

Stuck with frozen screen!

[Post New]by Chatcat75 on Sep 3, 13 7:01 PM
So how far am I to the end of the game if I am at the Fortune Teller's and gave her the books and she told me to go to the graveyard but then my game froze? I had to restart my computer and got back to that point but I read in the hints she was suppose to give me a potion which I did not get. If I am close to the end I do not want to replay the whole game. This is really a great game and I was enjoying it but I have read in the forums that you have had many problems with the game freezing, etc. Why haven't you fixed the game? I've spent several hours playing this game and this really annoys me! Don't keep a game on your site that you KNOW does not work! What next???

Go to: