Re:Reviews for Lost Inca Prophecy 2: The Hollow Island

[Post New]by sharondp on Aug 22, 12 6:04 PM
Sadly, I've been playing this game all afternoon. That's how starved for a new M3 game I've been
It's like a cross between Wild West Story The Beginning and Vesuvius!!
Even the explosions sound the same.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Aug 22, 12 6:54 PM
slimjims36 wrote:Five easy lessons in how to destroy a sequel:

1. Make the player as seasick as possible
xxxxxx(move the board all over the place)
2. Assume the player is an absolute moron
xxxxxxx(show an available match in less than 2.5 seconds)
3. Remove any satisfaction from player clearing all the tiles
xxxxxto win level
xxxxxxx(pop up a key to open lock to end level after
xxxxxxx random number of tiles are cleared rather than all)
4. Frustrate player as much as possible
xxxxxxx(move the board away from areas where points can be
xxxxxxxxmade because player doesn't match in immediate
xxxxxxx area or move away from lock to end level)
5: Hope the player didn't play the first Inca game so they won't
xxxxx know just how bad this one is.

It's a real shame. The graphics and music and everything else could be the best and it wouldn't matter. I'm too nauseous for it to matter. Excuse me, I have to go find a barf bag.

Excellent review, slimjims. IMHO, moving the board around is an incredibly lazy way to make a game more challenging.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Aug 24, 12 9:53 PM
Graphics is ok, especially with the HOGs puzzle secne, I hate it when the screen kept rollng by itself forward and backward. Even when I had the key I had to "force" match my wy to the key hole in order to use it. Sometimes differentiation in color is hard to detect

Verdict: 2.5/5

(nice powerups, but dull game)

debzzzzy
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by debzzzzy on Aug 25, 12 11:31 AM
Hi fishies

I must admit I totally disagree with most of the reviews on here. I am loving it .

I love the scrolling screen (so sorry for those that cannot cope with it) makes you have to think about where to go next, especially when you get morphed somewhere else that you do not really want to go to lol.

I am on level 65 and to be honest it just gets better, lots to do and it is a long game, lost count of how many hours I have been on.

Ty developer and for a great game.

Deb

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Aug 26, 12 8:21 AM
Like ecblisa and debzzzzy, I also enjoyed this game.

The moving screen did not bother me (though I can understand how it could bother others). It reminded me of other match-3s that have a game area that is larger than your screen - you have the fun of exploring to see if you can get to all the different parts of it.

Some of the matches were very hard to make, but there were four power-ups (to clear one square, several squares, all of whatever game piece you clicked, and shuffle). Also, if you run out of matches completely, it shuffles itself.

There were things you had to get to be able to access parts of a level - a machete to get through jungle, a canoe to get through water, and a hammer to get through walls.

There was also a teleport here and there which takes you away from an area usually before you finish it, but it is easy enough to get back (just make matches in the direction you want to go until you get there).

I bought it, and finally reached the end of it today. There were 100 levels in total, plus minigames after every few levels (jigsaws, and spot the picture parts in a large picture - in later levels the picture parts you have to find are rotated, so harder to find - but I found them all, so it is possible).

All in all, a great game, it worked perfectly the whole way, and it was worth every penny - kudos to the devs, and I hope they make a sequel!!

Edited on 09/02/2012 at 1:19:59 PM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 31, 12 10:28 AM
An addictive eye-burner - you've been warned!

[Post New]by poochismom on Jan 7, 13 12:38 PM
I'm enjoying the game so far but the skipping around is rather disconcerting. The
early levels are kind of boring but it does get more challenging the further you go.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Apr 22, 13 1:24 PM
started out great then endless match 3 which I detest delete game sorry I bought it.

Go to: