bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Re:Post any Awakening: The Skyward Castle Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 23, 12 12:56 PM
Hi carol_griffith,

I'm sorry that the game is not displaying correctly for you!

First, you might try updating your video card and graphics drivers, which we go over in the help article here.

If that doesn't help, it's definitely a good idea to get in touch with our Tech Support team. They can see how the game is running on your particular system and work with you directly on some more specific troubleshooting steps.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Re:Post any Awakening: The Skyward Castle Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bribling on Aug 23, 12 1:08 PM
I love this game! It does run very slowly. It takes 5-10 sec for a "hot" item (such as the footlocker) to open. It can take even longer for a new scene to load. I can play minis, HOS, etc. with no problem once they finally load up.

I have this same problem with the "Cloud" and I am wondering if BFG might be using the Cloud for Demos?

Whatever the case, It is tiresome waiting for new locations and Hot areas to load.

I have a PC laptop with lots of bells and whistles, plenty of RAM and disc space. Everything is kept up to date as I play an online MMO and the issue of Lag comes up often. They have a diagnostic that shows no problems.

I will most likely purchase this CE anyway as I own the rest of the series (all play fine) and do love this game. I may wait for a CE sale though. The Demo has run out and I can no longer test any tweaks.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Aug 23, 12 1:26 PM
Hi bribling,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening. All of the free trials and game downloads from our website use downloaded files, and are not associated with the cloud, so those issues most likely are not connected. However, I would recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support team. They'll be able to look into that issue and assist you with both the problem in the game, as well as with Big Fish Unlimited. Sending our Tech Support team a Dr. Felix Report will be a huge help for them in determining what's causing that as well.

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Aug 23, 12 3:38 PM
annetterider wrote:Who else is having trouble downloading this game and a few games before. Lately it seems to be taking a very very long time to download a game from here.
At first I thought it might be my laptop, then I thought maybe I am back to dial up, but noooo it is just here. Can anyne tell me why.
And before you tell me to uninstall and reinstall, I am fed up with doing that and nothing changes. Help or fix please.

I thought it was just me. I've been having the same problem for the past three days with any bigfish download, and I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game manager. I also have super fast broadband.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Aug 23, 12 3:50 PM
Hi darkhalf01,

I'm sorry your download is being troublesome. One thing that you could try is changing a setting in the Game Manager that has it connect to our server alternatively. If you click here, it will take you to our help article on this. If you scroll down to the section titled "Adjust your Game Manager settings" it will walk you through the steps on how to do that.

However, if you try this and the download is still being slow then I would definitely get in contact with our Customer Support team and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look with you:

How to get in contact with Customer Support

I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

Edited on 08/23/2012 at 3:50:33 PM PST

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Aug 23, 12 5:41 PM
Game Manager is not responding at all. I've tried to delete it and reinstall but nothing will work. The trial is uploaded got stuck at 100% installed and then said my trial was expired. So, I bought the game and now Game Manager won't work at all.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 24, 12 12:24 AM
Hi wolfrun_cb1,

To resolve the problems you are having with the Game Manager, I would encourage having a look at the following Help article:

Game Manager Browser Requirements

The Game Manager relies on the default browser for your system, Internet Explorer (PC) and Safari (Mac).

Even if you are using another browser, updating these default browsers to their most recent version, can really help how the Game Manager performs!

Of course, if you would like us to have a look for you, we are happy to!

Please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to our Live Chat Support for real-time support. Live Chat is open Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4:30 pm PST.

Hope this is helpful!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by justhandleit on Aug 24, 12 7:26 AM
I'm not having trouble d/l but when I try to play the game, I get an Access Violation Error message. When I try to uninstall to start over again, I get a message that the game manager can't uninstall cause game is currently running (even though it's not). Error code 346... I have to wait awhile before I can uninstall which eventually it does. I noticed that when I start to d/l, I first get a message that says: Open Executable file may contain virus. Use caution when opening. I click ok and it starts to d/l but it only takes maybe a minute at most. I am running a Firefox browser and it usually asks me if I will allow it to make a change to computer but this file does not do that. I usually am asked that just before the final install. I've been waiting weeks for a decent game and now I can't even play it. Please help!!!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Aug 24, 12 10:44 AM
Hi justhandleit,

From what you're describing, it sounds like your antivirus program may be blocking certain files from installing correctly or running when the game opens. That can cause access violation errors like you're seeing. There are a few things that you can try to get that working though. First, I recommend looking at our help article here that has some basic steps you can try:

Access Violation

If those recommendations aren't helping, then I would get in touch with our Tech Support team. They'll be able to determine if your antivirus program is causing that error and hopefully find a way to work around that so you can enjoy the game.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

momoftoad
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by momoftoad on Aug 24, 12 12:15 PM
Note for users with issues - I recently found there was an update to quicktime (or flash player - can't remember which, but it is a good idea to update both!). This may be causing the slow running of some scenes!

Also, I have found that if you use NVIDIA graphics cards you have to update your drivers at least 4 times a year! They are always making changes. That is why I switched cards to Radeon.

Hope that helps.

PS as my Microsoftie DH is always telling me, you can buy a brand new computer with pre-installed software, and you will still need to update all your drivers immediately

[Post New]by ShineForMe on Aug 24, 12 2:43 PM
In one of the hidden object scenes with the toolbox, I am missing a caliper. I keep clicking on the hint button and the area that the hint circles there is no caliper there. I try to click in that area and still nothing.

JanG7
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by JanG7 on Aug 24, 12 5:20 PM
I am mad. I have been in contact with customer support over a technical issue that I hadn't seen here in the technical issues. I have an open incident #, but they got to leave for the weekend, meanwhile, I have a game that won't play at all now after doing all their suggestions. I now get an error code 803400. I have tried all the help suggestions without any success. Did I mention I'm mad. This is the worst customer support I have received from BFG Are there any Mods or Fishies that can help.

I don't want to wait until Monday afternoon to get results. This has already been over 24 hours.

Edited on 08/24/2012 at 5:23:39 PM PST

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Aug 24, 12 5:45 PM
The gear box puzzle is quite frustrating (and similar puzzles in previous games have been the same).

I have connected the links in a number of ways that join the two spurs, using all links in the process, but the puzzle does not recognize any of my solutions as correct. My current layout is exactly the same as that in the strategy guide. When I use a hint, it simply swaps around some of the same-length links, and others it rotates 180 degrees. The end result is no different in appearance to what I already have. The links are locking into place, so it's not that they're not quite positioned correctly.

When I exited the puzzle and clicked to go back in, it immediately accepted the solution, as I'd previously left it, as correct. I didn't have to change the position of any of the links.

[Post New]by bpbagg on Aug 24, 12 6:14 PM
I installed this Game with Game Manager. The game starts and looks fine but no sound. Game manager plays its usual sounds and other applications as well but now sound with this game. Mac OS/X 10.8.1 Mountain Lion

[Post New]by maryire on Aug 24, 12 6:56 PM
When I downloaded the game, it came up as trial expired before I even played it. I have all the previous Awakening games and really enjoyed them and was hoping to try this one. How can I get it to reset since I have never had an opportunity to play.

Thanks,

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 25, 12 4:39 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to swim in with some help!

JanG7 - That 803400 error number normally indicates that something is preventing the game from downloading correctly.

The following help articles will give you guidance as to what programs may be causing the trouble and what you can do to tackle that:

Errors 703, 802, 803, 810, or DRMactivator    

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed   

bpbagg - The first thing to try is to uninstall and reinstall the Game Manager to ensure it is working correctly.

maryire -When a trial shows as expired, the best thing to do is to uninstalling and reinstalling the game as that normally helps.

If you are still having trouble though, you could try to update some of the elements that run this game as the computer having trouble loading a game is another reason that trial expired message will appear.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Finally, Support is open 7 days a week, so you can contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page if you need some further assistance.

I hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 08/25/2012 at 9:18:39 AM PST

JanG7
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by JanG7 on Aug 25, 12 5:55 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to swim in with some help!

JanG7 - That 803400 error number normally indicates that something is preventing the game from downloading correctly.

The following help articles will give you guidance in what programs may be causing the trouble and what you can do to tackle that:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=181">Errors 703, 802, 803, 810, or DRMactivator </a>   

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=536">Problems Downloading or Installation Failed</a>   

bpbagg - The first thing to try is to <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1634">uninstall and reinstall the Game Manager </a> to ensure it is working correctly.

maryire -When a trail shows as expired, the best thing to do is to <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492"> uninstalling and reinstalling </a> the game as that normally helps.

If you are still having trouble though, you could try to update some of the elements that run this game as the computer having trouble loading a game is another reason that trial expired message will appear.

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166"> Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a>

Finaly, Support is open 7 days a week, so you can contact <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page>Tech Support</a> by clicking on the green to the right of the page if you need some further assistance.

I hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Thanks bfgBaikai, but I tried all of those already. I have however, finally getting the game to download and play after doing a system restore to fix all the changes customer support suggested. I also had to start the game from the very beginning. I don't know if my initial problem is fixed or not until I get to ch. 3. I have 2 incident reports open and haven't heard anything from anybody since yesterday afternoon.

Must be nice for tech support your talking to gets to go home for the weekend and leaving it up to the customer to try to fix the problems their solutions caused and still not knowing if the game works or not.

I am not happy at all.

JanG7

[Post New]by AndySP1 on Aug 25, 12 2:26 PM
kris_cross48 wrote:I have a xP pc and no problems downloading,,,but the first scene is stuck...no place to go, no hints,I'm supposed to help the unicorn but the game seems stuck or something. I ask the owl and he says " nothing to do here m'lady" even though the unicorn needs heat and first aid...how do you get this game started?
kris

I'm running windows Vista and this happened to me also!

[Post New]by manatee1442 on Aug 25, 12 4:25 PM
Help! During the game in the scene where you need to make the dress the scissors have disappeared and now I can't continue the game because of this glitch. Is there anyway to fix this or do I have to start over from the beginning. (This has already happened once early on in the game with another object disappearing)

algal0181
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by algal0181 on Aug 25, 12 4:41 PM
I AM GLAD TO SEE THAT I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH GAME...BUT LATELY IT SEEMS THAT THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH DOWNLOADING GAMES FOR THE PAST WEEK! IT TAKES LONGER AND LONGER TO DOWNLOAD ANY GAME.

Go to: