Thank you from Boomzap!

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

Re:Thank you from Boomzap!

[Post New]by addieh on Aug 24, 12 7:04 PM
Thank you Chris and everyone at BoomZap for all their hard work and dedication to bring us some light in sometimes a dark world.
Even tho I have yet to play The Skyward Castle, I have played the 3 previous games and each one is a delight all on it's own.
Please keep up the good work guys and know that you and all your team are much appreciated. ~humble bow~

lorem
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by lorem on Aug 24, 12 11:25 PM
Fantastic series...really enjoyed this one!The Epilogue left it open for more????
Hmmm will wait and see..

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Aug 25, 12 9:57 AM
To Chris Natsuume and everyone at Boomzap - I thank you for developing games that are free from violence, sex, horror, etc. - as Chris stated here - there is enough of that in the world - infact, too much. It is very refreshing to play games that are void of that.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Aug 25, 12 1:50 PM
I said it in my review, but want to emphasise it here - thank you for not repeating HOS and making a new transporter map each chapter so you don't go back to old areas.
This takes so much more work in making more scenes and not be lazy in making a game longer by revisiting old HOS scenes. So a huge thank you.

The transition scenes had so much animation in it (one exited to the right another from the top going in and out of SG) and the main menu going into the game choice seemed to be a black 'fan' type transition which I think quite a few people have picked up on.

I would have loved if the achievements I could have taken a screenshot of a scene at the end, that I could see at a glance if I had them or not. As saving a screenshot after the game is a huge part of the purpose of achievements!

Personally I like in every game for the plot to be tied up and not feel that there are loose ends. I don't like "to be continued" type games. As this was supposed to be the end to the series I think it was even more important to finish everything. If you wanted to do a spin off series it could easily be done as I'm sure you could think of a new and fresh adventure.

Thanks for a long, quality game.

heleanthia
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by heleanthia on Aug 25, 12 4:26 PM
hi Chris and team,
I had two credits loitering in my account here at BigFish and couldn't make up my mind which games to get .
Imagine my delight to see this latest instalment!
I so agree with your comment;

"I would add, this game - like all Boomzap games - is our way of attempting to bring something "bright and beautiful" into the realm of video games. We really feel that the world has enough horror, violence, sex, and all that other stuff in entertainment, and while that's fine for some people, we think that there is a place in the world for entertainment that aspires to be beautiful, empowering, and uplifting"..

I find it so refreshing to know of developers who feel this way, as I was getting increasingly disturbed by the dark and usually horror filled games that seem so prevalent these days.

.Your games(on the other hand) are whimsical, imaginative but not saccharine. They DO provide a nice uplifting feeling and in to days' world, that is valuable.

The Hog sections are inventive and stimulating ,the adventure part is challenging and fun and I love the puzzles(am looking forward to the Nonogram!)

I cannot imagine the amount of work that goes into these games; but it is obvious that you all enjoy the process as much as we enjoy the results!
thanks again and I look forward to your next endeavour!

Simba2009
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Simba2009 on Aug 25, 12 5:46 PM
the page on which the game is located under description says intergrated stragedy guide but where is it??

eastbayterri
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by eastbayterri on Aug 25, 12 8:21 PM
hey chris and the boomzap team
i loved the awaken series and how its got a great story line,i was slightly disapointed in how it ended i though this one was the last one,unless there is another one in the works

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Aug 25, 12 8:32 PM
BoomZap...sorry...but was not overly impressed at all! Way too many mini-games and very repitious! I left a review, page 2, that explains things better as to why I was not overly thrilled with this one.

Sullivan1818
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by Sullivan1818 on Aug 26, 12 10:31 PM
Dear Mr. Natsuume, like everyone else I have been an Awakening fan from the very beginning. It seemed we waited forever for the 4th installment, but boy was the wait worth it. Thank you, thank you, thank you for games that are so enjoyable to play and so light and airy. I for one am not excited about all the vampire, voodoo, etc games being offered but seems that is all that was being offered. I do have one question that I haven't seen addressed anywhere else in the forum, on every screen that I play in the upper corners, both left or right, or sometimes both, there is a "bar" that looks like it has tourquois stones in it. It sits for a few seconds and disappears, some times both corners at the same time, but doesn't seem to have a purpose. When I click on the bar, it disappears. Can you tell me what this is, if it has a purpose to the game and if so, how am I supposed to use it? Thank you again to you and all your team members for a JOB WELL DONE.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Aug 27, 12 12:11 PM
I believe there is an error in the Bonus Chapter fruit puzzle. The outside bottom of the "winning" fruit does not match the half eaten sample, so would not logically get "picked" even in the first round.

That said -- so many puzzles in this game -- what a treat!

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Aug 27, 12 12:26 PM
Hi Chris ,

I think it is awesome when developers come into the BF forum's, to see what us fishie's think, of their games, so a HUGE welcome and BIG HUG, to you and everyone at Boomzap .
I am a BIG, BIG fan, of all of your games, and own every single one, you and your great team, have made,
One thing is certain, your games always lift my spirits, they are beautiful, well crafted, and the imagination's you all have, I find literally brilliant, with splashes of genuis, thrown in.
I have a big imagination, but to see what you all come up with, just blows my mind..lol..LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT !
I can't say that I don't like scary games, I do, BUT...some of my all time favorite games to play, are the whimsical and magical fantasy games.
The Awakening series is just that, and I've LOVED every single one, so this new one was a must buy, I was Soooo excited when this was finally released.
And let me just add, that it was well worth the wait, it was so over the top, that I was just amazed, it blew my socks off, from beginning to end.
When I say splashes of genius, I am talking about some of the puzzles, you all come up with, I am not a big puzzle fan, BUT...I just LOVED the mechanic's puzzle and cultivating the herb sapling's...and the harvesting puzzle !
There were some others, but can't list them all ..lol...and I won the Puzzle Trickster award, which is unbelivable ....coming from someone who skips puzzles in a lot of games, even though I hate to do that, so was very happy this game had some really COOL puzzles.
Now this is a negative, but just personal prefrence, I do not care for the nanogram puzzles at all, and there were quite a few of those repeated, through out, so that is my one and only negative, I found in this gem .

Now back to the positives, LOVED all of my little creature friends, my pocket dragon, is just , well my best buddy, love him to bits .
Loved Mr Vanderkins, the unicorn, the cockatrice, these are all of the special things, that make me just love this game.
You even get a few laughs, I almost shot out Skullface's good eye, but even doing that he still considered me a cupcake, how sweet is that..lol, well you tell me not to do something, your just asking for it, that hasn't changed, since I was a child, many moon's ago, so these are the special touches, I just LOVED, in this game !!
CONTINUED

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Aug 27, 12 12:52 PM
So Chris,

Your post really touched my heart, I am as passionate about playing games of this brilliance, as you are at making them so brilliant.
These are definitely not the run of the mill H0/adventure games, that we see so many of, Boomzap games are in a catagory, all their own .
You said you all had people from all over the world, well is shows, when great minds get together, you end up with a product, such as this game, that is perfection at it's best..JOB WELL DONE !!

So I think a celebration is called for stars is the best you can get, and this game deserves, every single one, IMHO.
To you and everyone at Boomzap, and every single person involved in making this MASTERPEICE....LOVE you all and will continue be your #1 fan .

Will be waiting patiently, for the next in this series !!

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Aug 27, 12 8:29 PM
Dear Chris and the rest of the gang at BoomZap,

There's always a moment of trepidation when I've downloaded a game, waiting for what follows the BFG logo; which is the developers logo. Whenever I see it's a BoomZap game, I go all because I know I'm in for a great ride! This game was no exception.

That being said, I have one problem with this latest chapter in the "Awakening" series and that is the length of the epiloge. Considering the extra $'s we pay for a CE, I expect a longer extra game than what was offered here. The extra game itself was on the whole not as interesting or enjoyable as the main game; it almost felt like it was thrown together at the last minute so you could make it a CE.

Even so, I look forward to more from your great team, and thank you for asking for our input!

Edited on 08/27/2012 at 8:30:45 PM PST

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Aug 29, 12 5:46 PM
Thank you Chris and BoomZap Team for your excellent games. I have them all and love them. The graphics and attention to detail has been absolutely amazing. Very lighthearted and challenging games. I truly appreciate the efforts to keep the occult and scary out of your games. I simply adore the imaginative pocket dragon, owl, Mr Vanderkins, the unicorn, the cockatrice; and that crazy skull! The Gnomes are wonderful. So much fun these bring to our lives. I was looking forward to more enchanting water like Moonfeld Woods and game play similar. I had no hesitation whatever when I opened up BFG and saw the new game was available in buying it without trialing it.

There are many technical issues I feel need to be addressed and have placed some of them in the technical forum for your staff to read. I am sure you and your staff will address them and bring out an updated version.

Having just finished the entire game plus the 20 minutes of bonus! I'm going - like what - this can't be the conclusion with the Princess simply SPOILER being kidnapped by that pirate thing? Since it was only a 20 minute play when I was expecting an hour - was this a technical issue or is that how the game really ends? If so I may have to get my Gnomes out to hold up placard signs in protest!

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Aug 30, 12 3:48 PM
I agree, Joyfulllady. Boomzap, you can't end this series just like that. There's still too much to happen. Please say it will go on....PLEASE????

Other than that shocker of an ending, I really really love this series and all are replayable. I loved how each of the chapters here were so long, it took me the better part of a whole day to play each one. I savored them as well.

Please let us find out more.
Linda.

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Aug 31, 12 8:06 AM
I will not buy anymore Boomzap games untill tile problem in Otherworld: Spring of Shadows is fixed

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Sep 2, 12 4:51 AM
chris I would like to see a reply to I will not buy anymore Boomzap games untill tile problem in Otherworld: Spring of Shadows is fixed how can people fell good about your games when it is many months and no fix?

Boomzap
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Boomzap on Sep 6, 12 5:24 AM
Miniatures1 wrote:chris I would like to see a reply to I will not buy anymore Boomzap games untill tile problem in Otherworld: Spring of Shadows is fixed how can people fell good about your games when it is many months and no fix?

My apologies, it took us a very long time to find that problem - it was an issue with a certain class of driver. It was actually a very difficult fix, and required us to rewrite a large portion of the code that handles object interactions. The updated build was added to the BFG website in early August, and should work for most people now.

If the most recent version on the website continues to not work for you, please let BFG know - so we can get the error reports and see if we can fix the problem.

Thanks again!

Dawno
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Dawno on Sep 6, 12 8:39 AM
Nice to see a developer on the forums
Sadly the game is very buggy and has lots of glitches.
Is there going to be a patch to correct these issues?

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Sep 6, 12 12:24 PM
Thank you Chris and Boomzap my tile issue is fixed I wonder why Big Fish did not say so on the forum a lot of people are waiting to play this game it is really a GREAT one THANK YOU!! again

Go to: