Re:Reviews for Eternal Journey: New Atlantis

[Post New]by hagatha44 on Sep 2, 12 2:03 PM
WOW! AWESOME! THOUSANDS THUMBS UP!! I am one that reads the reviews but usually does not comment. I have to bow down and applaud the developer's on this one! Thank you!! I never skipped a cut scene. The story was so interesting and stayed that way all the way to the end. possible SPOILER: highlight over to read: As a cat lover, LOVED saving Marcy and glad I got to keep her in the end! Too cute!

The gameplay was flawless! Perfect graphics, great voice overs, and I love, love, love the map jumping. The hints for the gameplay DID NOT give away too much. (altho I did not need it too many times--the map pretty much told you which area you needed to go to.) The puzzles were unique and really not too difficult. I like the mix of easy to challenging (but not so hard you have to skip it) puzzles in games.

I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY enjoyed the even spread between adventure, puzzles and HOG's. It kept even with the flow of the game and story. I can tell people took a lot of thought and consideration when creating this game. Genius!!

I LOVED the sci-fi story but did not care so much since the storyline was something so unique and different than any other game I have played in so long. Great job there!!!

Amazing game from start to finish! Thank you for creating such an awesome experience!! I will be greedy here and beg BF for more like this, please!

Enjoy it, all. I am sure you will not regret one moment!

x1000.............

[Post New]by ptownkey on Sep 2, 12 5:37 PM
I don't normally write any reviews for any games - maybe 3 or 4 so far - but this game is simply the BEST game I've played in a very long time. The story line was so intriguing and the fact that most of it was set in space was tremendous! More games like this one, please! If you are wondering whether or not to get this game, wonder no more - it was a nice, long game which was just a joy to play.
Developers take note - MORE games like this!!

[Post New]by octoberapple on Sep 9, 12 9:21 AM
Not a moment did I hesitate as to try and purchase this game. What shall you to expect to see in Eternal Journey? Very much appealing sci fi concept – a pleasant switch from the plots so popular today in this genre of games. The game includes such features as 2 gameplay modes, VO, a map and a diary. HOS are interactive. Artwork could not have been better. I also want to mention outstanding sound effects. Not every game can offer decent music.
On the whole, a well-done game. Highly recommend!

medic1960
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by medic1960 on Sep 11, 12 7:04 AM
I'm with Gabbyellen! I aren't keen on sci-fi games but this is a brilliant exception.
The game has been well reviewed already but may I just add that I love games where you can actually see the hero/heroine in action instead of always being played through your own eyes. More please.

Many thanks,

Gerry.

HiLupe
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by HiLupe on Sep 12, 12 5:21 PM
I'm LOVING this game! So far I'm about halfway through and I think I've already played a few hours. Love the graphics and the ambience. I'm very pleased I decided to purchase this one!

Mohlin
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Mohlin on Sep 20, 12 1:59 PM
I hate this game! Im supposed to be in bed two hours ago, but it just keeps me going. I'm actually interested in the story, which is rare, I play for the adventure/puzzles/minigames.
Hogs are ok, but I would like a "skip" for those (discussed in another forum).
And I think there is a special place in games-heaven for developers who creates interactive maps!!

[Post New]by georgi101 on Sep 27, 12 10:25 AM
awsome, awsome awsome game very different loved every minute

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Oct 7, 12 7:28 PM
one of the best games i have ever played!

HiLupe
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by HiLupe on Oct 13, 12 9:41 AM
I finished the game and have to say that I enjoyed every minute of it. I thought it was outstanding - the graphics, the ambience, the music - I loved it all. Does anyone know if there are games similar to this? I'm so pleased with this purchase!

janey3315
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by janey3315 on Oct 28, 12 8:31 PM
Wow! That was an awesome game. I think this is one of my favorite games. Now I kind of wish I played the CE if there was a CE. I got this game for $4.99. This game was a great adventure. It is a HOG game but an adventure unlike typical HOG adventures. I would HIGHLY recommend this game to anyone who likes adventure games as well as HOG games. The story line was an incredible Sci - fi and I'm not a sci-fi person but this was very well made. It grips you from the beginning.

This game was very long even for an SE. The mini games were some I've seen before and fairly easy. I did skip one slide puzzle because I despise slide puzzles but that's the only thing I had a hard time with as far as puzzles go.

There is a map and you can jump to another location which saves time. I didn't even look for a map until I was way through the game already. I've said this before, too me, a map is like having a hint because it tells you where to go and that there are things to do. So I use the map when I get stuck.

There are 18 additional objects you have to find but the map helps you if you skip over a location and pass them.

Anyways...Happy Gaming all!!

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Jan 19, 13 7:11 AM
WOW! What a fantastic game! I enjoy Sci-fi once in a while but this is definitely beyond my expectations!
Great storyline, beautiful images, wonderful HOS's. I can't say enough for this game.
Good for **** and BFG on this one and I'm hoping against all hope there is a second one.
5 's out of 5 for me!

[Post New]by poppy9952 on Jan 22, 13 11:09 AM
great game great ending,,, will play this many times over... worth buying.. can't wait for the second part..I hope there is one.. the puzzles are good the graphics are good the story line is good ..from 1-10 where 10 is the best id give it a 10. Wish there were more like this.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Mar 7, 13 11:38 PM
Based on everyone's reviews, I bought this game, even though I had doubts after playing the demo. I then spent the next four hours using the hint button to know where to go next, with no expection of any logic to it. The HOS as usual with this dev are blurry junk piles, and some of the objects can't be found without the use of a hint, and even when you find them, they don't look like you expected them to.

Some games you pick up an item and know where to use it. This game when you get an item, it's very likely it won't be needed until very much later on.

The only good thing about this game IMO is the little cat.

Sorry, but I've hit the hit button so many times, if it could be worn out, it would be. I've completely lost interest in finishing the game.

lookywho
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by lookywho on Apr 24, 13 8:41 AM
just finished the game it was a good one to play enjoyed it

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on May 19, 13 3:44 PM
Very interesting game with a great story in time, from the sea to mars in quest for a mystery.

I enjoyed the great graphics and the adventurunexpecteded twist and turns, this game is worth its price as a SE.

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Jun 6, 13 7:00 PM
FINALLY! A game without all the dark, cultish, witchcraft...and a great sci-fi adventure to boot! I would love to see more in this style.
This one had a great story, amazing graphics, and long game play.
The puzzles were challenging, but not too hard. The hidden object pages were the kind that are interactive, which I really like a lot.
The map was great. You could jump from one area to another with it and it let you know what areas you had tasks to complete.
I give this one a 10 out of a 10, which I don't do often, but because it was a sci-fi theme, I couldn't help but love it!

[Post New]by goodyear1998 on Nov 8, 13 2:31 PM
ditto everything Seester 2 has said.

more like this please

roberta3
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by roberta3 on May 13, 14 6:30 PM
This is a great game. The ending is complete, yet leaves room for a sequel, or prequel.

grover3e
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by grover3e on May 29, 14 12:28 PM
I'm a little surprised at the rave reviews for this. I bought it because it was number one on the ratings list, but I found it dull (though it was long...I'll give it that).

Chaorite
Clownfish
Clownfish
940 Posts

[Post New]by Chaorite on Jul 3, 14 3:09 PM
Hi Fishies

This is a fabulous game. Excellent length, complexity and enough helpful tools so you won't get totally lost.

The game has two modes, casual and hard. In casual mode, the hints refresh quite quickly so you won't be at a loss.

The graphics are good and often interspersed with video which tells the story.

In addition to key pieces you will need to find, there are 18 microchips hidden in scenes for you to collect. If you are unsure which one's you've missed, go to the map and if you see a kind of little car battery shaped thing at the top right of a scene, you need to go back and find the chip.

Scenes are easily navigated using the map. It will tell you which scenes you need to work with as those are lit up in green. You can easily switch scenes by clicking on each map rather than navigating manually through the station, which is great because I got lost in the first five minutes! Thank god for maps! Hovering over each one will tell you what the scene is so you can be sure you're going to the right place before you select it.

It's a fairly complex story with a lot of HOGs which aren't too difficult although some items will need to be found interactively.

Once you see the map, you'll realize how extensive the game is. It's excellent value for money and a worthy addition to your collection.

Graphics, music, voice overs, game play, complexity, design - all rate a 9.

The one element that rates a 10 for me is the cat. I want to adopt her!

Enjoy!

Charoite

Go to: