wandazz
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

Re:Post any Inbetween Land technical issues here only

[Post New]by wandazz on Aug 26, 12 3:50 PM
Having the same problem with the slider puzzle as others mentioned. I tried the suggested clicking however it still was sticking. Has anyone heard if there is a fix coming for this? This is a no buy for me unless it's fixed. Otherwise it looks like it is a great game.

dlcoyte
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by dlcoyte on Aug 26, 12 5:24 PM
SLIDING BLOCK PUZZLE: wont work right. 6mins into a game and a glitch.. Not good. Did the going in and out of Full screen Mode that someone suggested.... and its a No Go still. Please fix.... cant go further. Want to do it

IrishRush
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by IrishRush on Aug 26, 12 6:05 PM
grabbinbugs wrote:I had same problem at first. Normally on sliders you click, hold down mouse button and slide direction you want to move them.....not on this slider puzzle though. If you just click on top or bottom of block it will move up or down, one space at a time. Same for the side to sides. Hope this helps It worked for me.

Thanks grabbinbugs! I had this problem too, should have tried just clicking but didn't think of it.

[Post New]by mmcree on Aug 26, 12 7:11 PM
My first attempt to download the demo resulted in an error message and then it not completing the activation. I closed the game manager, reopened, and discovered that the game was "expired", even though it had never been played. I uninstalled, reinstalled with no error messages, and it seemed to play okay. I got as far as the opening the car door (about 5-10 mins of game play) when the game shut off and because the demo game was expired again.

Not sure if I will attempt a third demo download after the bugs are fixed.

Edited on 08/26/2012 at 7:30:11 PM PST

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Aug 27, 12 1:37 AM
Problems with the game freezing while doing puzzles. Particularly if I don't move the cursor immediatly. Could have been a good game but not with all these problems.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 27, 12 4:33 AM
Hi Fishies,

There sure seem to be a lot of problems here and I'll do my best to help you out!

If you are having troubles with the Slider Puzzle at the beginning of the game, please try to uninstall and reinstall your game. You can find some steps for that here:

Uninstall/Reinstall a Game

mmcree - To convince the Game Manager to play your trial you could try to reinstall the Game Manager directly by following the steps here.

If you try these steps and still have problems I recommend you get in contact with our Technical Support and, if possible, include a Dr. Felix report with your message so they can look at this further.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

gks1951
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by gks1951 on Aug 27, 12 2:45 PM
Hi fishes, how is every one today. Well I downloaded this game yesterday evening, and as I played it, the game froze up. It then proceeded to actually freeze my computer. I ws so upset. I pulled the battery out over night and tried it again. In the mean time I called the computer repair lady, But the comp is fine now I am not going to download any more games from big fish. I love big fish, but that was to close for me.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Aug 27, 12 5:09 PM
I also ran into the problem with the block puzzle during the demo. I am not going to try and go further into the game and waste too much time on puzzles that take too long to solve....or are so aggravating.

Developers, issue a fix, or I won't give your game a second look either to demo or buy.

desandnrs
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by desandnrs on Aug 27, 12 11:14 PM
housebound wrote:I can't even play the demo, my cursor won't respond, can't get it to go where I want it to go. Had to do Ctrl-Alt- delete just to close down . too bad , looked like a good game.

Same here. Cursor just kind of floats around or doesn't move at all. I also had to Ctrl-Alt-Del to get out of game.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 28, 12 3:26 AM
Hi Fishies,

gks1951 - I am sorry to see you have this trouble, I know this is not a nice thing to happen.

When a computer freezes like this, it normally indicates that the game is unable to run as it should. You can resolve this by running some updates on your computer, which should help the game to perform more smoothly for you. I am including a help article below which will guide you through this process.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you prefer though you could always get in touch with our Tech Support so they can make specific suggestions for you.

desandnrs - If the cursor is behaving erratically, you can try is to disable the custom cursor as this has helped Fishies with a similar display issue. I know it may not be easy to access the Options menu to do so but if you can at all, I would try that.

If those steps don't help or you would like use to assist you with this, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to help!

Thanks!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 08/28/2012 at 12:41:45 PM PST

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Aug 28, 12 4:01 AM
I didn't have any problems during the demo version, so I bought the game, because I liked the art concept and the story, but afterwards I started to experiment tech issue with a few puzzles, and I don't give up easily on those, but endly I skipped its!
It's frustating, I know what you mean, you wonder if you need to call the devlps'game, themselves, to solve it! too bad , because the game is quite good, and I am playing in a normal mode, will see what's coming up more in the game!

gks1951
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by gks1951 on Aug 28, 12 9:29 AM
Thank you big fish Baikal.This computer is only a few months old so it shouldn't be needing up dates.I am only going to stay with Developers I know and trust.It did look like a good game, unfortunately to many fishes are having basically the same issues.

have a great day fishes.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 29, 12 2:48 AM
Hi Fishies,

It really can be frustrating when a game just doesn't keep what it promises and you keep getting problems later on.

laraly - If you find that some of your puzzles aren't working properly, it could help to Uninstall and Reinstall the Game.

gks1951 - Even if a computer is brand new it doesn't necessarily have all the newest drivers installed. The reason for that is that the drivers get installed at the time the computer is produced and set up. Afterwards they often spent a lot of time standing in stores or being stored. In that time new drivers are released and an update is necessary.

If you tried all the steps and keep seeing the same problem I'd advise that you contact our Technical Support as bfgBaikal mentioned. They'll be more than happy to check everything out for you.

Good luck!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 08/29/2012 at 2:49:23 AM PST

geroge1
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by geroge1 on Aug 29, 12 6:44 PM
THE GAME LOOKS GOOD BOT MY ARROW GOES ALL OVER THE PLACE. I HAVE NO CONTROL. GOT FRUSTRATED AND GOT OUT.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 30, 12 1:16 AM
Hi geroge1,

If the cursor is behaving erratically, I would suggest having a look at the following help article which will guide you through updating those elements that run your game, including the cursor:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

This can help the game to run more smoothly and hopefully will make the cursor more responsive.

Another thing you can try is to disable the custom cursor as this has helped Fishies with a similar display issue. I know it may not be easy to access the Options menu to do so but if you can at all, I would try that.

If those steps don't help or you would like use to assist you with this, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to help!

I hope this helps,

bfgBaikal

MagicMark
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by MagicMark on Aug 30, 12 8:27 PM
The slider puzzle won't slide. Oh well, no buy for me today.

[Post New]by MadMelly77 on Aug 31, 12 1:07 PM
This game was useless ! It loaded fine then proceeded to flash. I couldn't get the game to play the mouse arrow had a mind of it's own. Not impressed with this game & suggest it is removed !!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 31, 12 2:50 PM
Hi MadMelly77,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this game not displaying correctly!

The first thing I'd suggest is to check for updates to you video card and graphics drivers; this gets the issue resolved for a lot of our customers that run into this sort of thing. You can read more about how to do that in the help article here.

If you try that and the game is still not working correctly, please get in touch with our Tech Support team. They have the tools to really delve into how the game is working on your specific computer and can troubleshoot with you directly from there.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by gizmospooky on Aug 31, 12 8:16 PM
I see that many others are having trouble w/the first puzzle, too many people are having trouble to warrant any more time. Please BFG, with that many people having problems, maybe the designers should address the issues.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 1, 12 1:10 AM
Hi gizmospooky,

This is definitely something we would like to sort out for Fishies, we know how disappointing it can be to encounter issues in your game.

The best way for us to resolve issues like this however, once troubleshooting has been exhausted, is to have those with the issues to contact Tech Support.

Doing so will enable use to provide some more dedicated support but also the more emails like this we receive, the more proof we have that the game warrants attention.

I hope this information is helpful.

bfgBaikal

Go to: