mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

Re:Reviews for Inbetween Land

[Post New]by mhatfie on Aug 26, 12 8:12 AM
Add me to the list of "likeys" of this game. No boring junk pile Ho's Yaay! I like IFROGS better. Fun and varied puzzles so far and nice graphics. Too bad its short but I'm having fun with it and gotta rescue Mary so its a buy for me too.

geezerhundmom
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by geezerhundmom on Aug 26, 12 9:48 AM
I really wanted to like this game - but I found that I really didn't care for it. Game mechanics awkward and in some games the cursor was "sticky" and imprecise. Graphics were variable. Slow paced. I might have bought with a coupon code, but after reading about the short length decided not to. I am not fond of these developers - really didn't care for the other games they have released. They all have a look and feel like they are "old" games from the last decade.

[Post New]by thewiz60 on Aug 26, 12 11:38 AM
So far a pretty good game. Graphics are crisp music is not annoying.
I hate light the lights games, they are so over used. I completly was lost on the "add the sum of thier colors game" Whaaa? overall seems to be a good game

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Aug 26, 12 12:16 PM
This game is ok...i played the whole demo & almost bought it....I decided not to. The graphics were great but i like more Hidden Object scenes...the story-line was not my thing either. Oh well, I cant love em all!!!!

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Aug 26, 12 12:41 PM
this is a nice game and it is different than the old story plots. BUT is is a very short game.-----doug & lisa

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Aug 26, 12 12:55 PM
What a nice surprise for Sunday. I love IFROG's and this one was a good one. Graphics were clear and crisp. Hints reloaded fast and gave good hints to where things were. Puzzles were fun and had skip button too. Storyline was good and just a great game overall. Give this a 3 out of 5 stars.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Aug 26, 12 12:57 PM
It's a nice game. I had to skip some puzzles because I didn't have clear directions, and I not so wise as another members of the forum. But overall, I enjoyed the full game, and true, was a little short.
Happy gaming!
Minesita

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Aug 26, 12 1:51 PM
A nice game for an SE. It is a FROG and generally I don't like FROG games, but this one is tolerable because of the puzzles you must solve as you complete the FROG scenes. Also, there are more puzzles than hidden object scenes so it is not quite so boring as usual HOG games. The graphics are very nice as well and there are voice overs as well. I will use a coupon (of the myriads I have yet to use) to purchase this game. Nice job to a new dev. I have not heard of this dev before, but the names look somewhat familiar, so maybe they are starting their own company.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Aug 26, 12 3:10 PM
Wow - what a great game. The story was unique, the graphics were great, the gameplay was very smooth (with the exception of the slider puzzler - and if you held the left mouse button down and then moved the mouse on the mouse pad, it worked fine, but granted, it was different from how you typically have to move blocks on sliders), the puzzles were delightful and only a couple were really difficult. I think the developer did a great job and this game is a definite gem.

I want to add that there are no occult/demonic/witchy things happening in the game. It is very science oriented.

The game took me 3.75 hours playing in expert mode using no hints and no skips (which is a better time than I get from most CEs). And yes, I got all the achievements.

I give the game 5 out of 5 stars because I think it is the probably the most fun and original game I've seen this year.

Edited on 08/28/2012 at 9:12:30 AM PST

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Aug 26, 12 3:30 PM
This is the type of game I like to play ,and this is the type I usually buy. not a lot of walking and not alot of retracing and not alot of hidden objects just enough.

margit50
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by margit50 on Aug 26, 12 5:55 PM
I really liked this game, and it was a buy for me. There are some excellent reviews already posted, there is nothing else I could add.

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Aug 26, 12 6:07 PM
A buy for me without even demoing it. I love FROGS and this one is interactive.

After 15 minutes of playing I am here to report it's a very good game.

It's light (at least so far)... you know, not too scary, not dark and the voices and music are not annoying.

I think if the game were longer it would be a CE. So I won't complain about the length but enjoy every moment of the game because I'm happy it's an SE.

Only complaint I have is the hint system. I tried to use it in the HOG scene and it made a noise but nothing happened... then I tried the interactive objects and I found what I was looking for. The I found two puzzles and the one where you have to match colors I skipped because I just couldn't figure how to solve it. I had all but two correct and didn't know how to shift them. And I didn't have to wait long for the skip option.

Great game. Thank you devs for this delightful IFROG.

Edited on 08/26/2012 at 6:07:57 PM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Aug 26, 12 7:55 PM
I really like this type of game, but found that finding the parts needed was extremely easy. No real challenge to it. Loved the graphics "within" the game and the voice-overs, but the inbetween graphics were a bit cartoony. Nice music, same games, nothing new here. Little different story line, nice game play.

Can't tell how long the game is, but other post say "very short." I don't even like to waste a credit on a very short game (under 3 hours). It is still money down the drain. No buy for me, but a nice game otherwise.

Thanks for the reviews.

TimeKilla
Herring
Herring
399 Posts

[Post New]by TimeKilla on Aug 26, 12 9:30 PM
(Demo only.) This is one of those "close but no cigar" games. It had an interesting storyline, some terrific scenery and a few really good gaming moments but it just didn't grab me.

The FROG scenes are very well done, especially the ones which have you use the item you've just built within the environment. Those were great fun and I wish there had been more of them. Some of the inventory use puzzles were unique and took a bit of thinking which I always like. Having a huge batch of achievements in an SE is always a fun bonus.

Better mini-games would have made this a buy for me. The well puzzle was terrific, a nice little twist. Otherwise, it was more of the same old with the difficulty kicked up. A Simon game (repeat the flashing buttons) isn't more fun because you need to remember a sequence of 10, it's just annoying. I found myself skipping either because the mechanics were frustrating or because it was tedious instead of fun.

I'll make a note of this game for the next dry spell but for now, I'll pass.

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Aug 27, 12 3:27 AM
Been replaying some of my first games as there was nothing new to trial or buy for me recently........then this little beauty turns up!!!!Had a credit, so it cost me nothing, and really enjoyed the demo so bought after 15 mins!
Mini games relatively easy, some trickier than others, but so far haven't hit the skip button, and am loving the FROGs, so thats my rainy sunday sorted
Have been getting bored with witches, magicians and evil twin sisters recently so this is a nice change

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Aug 27, 12 7:09 AM
I hate the sliders puzzle, except for the block slider which is easy. But its a good game, clear graphics, responsive cursor. hint is quite literally clear as to where or what to do. Slightly linear, but there are some areas u can explore within that room first, only to find that u need to revisit, which make it interesting and challenging.

HOGs is very very interesting, large well defined Hidden objects, and interaction is needed within that HOG scene to get more hidden objects. Hmmp....intelligent programming and design,

Great game and not too difficult

JanG7
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by JanG7 on Aug 27, 12 2:28 PM
Thanks everyone for the great reviews. I agree that the graphics and story line is very nicely done and the theme was very nice for a change. The game is also very short, but I'm not complaining since I used a punch card on it. I wouldn't pay full price for a game this short.

Nice job devs, but I hope your games get longer.

Warlady1
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Warlady1 on Aug 27, 12 6:51 PM
I LOVE THIS GAME! The only downside is that it is addictive. The hint button works just like a strategy guide. Anyone who doesn't care for it probably needs to give it another chance.

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Aug 27, 12 9:04 PM
So many people are fixated as to the length - or apparently lack thereof. Sure I like a long game, but every once in a while you need something that doesn't take mega hours to finish, but is beautifully crafted none-the-less. The scenery is stunning - one of the more beautiful games with fantasy graphics. And heck..I just really enjoyed the demo. Short or not, I'm buying the game.

:/

[Post New]by kess88 on Aug 28, 12 4:42 PM
yeah yeah that's a very nice game.. but I absolutely need a walkthrough. the hint button really pisses me off sometimes, for example in the room with the fireplace, I can't find a part of this sun symbol and when I click on the hint nothing happens! Usually I like a lot this kind of games, but not when they start irritating me...

Go to: