mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

Re:Reviews for Monument Builders: Statue of Liberty

[Post New]by mkastor on Sep 10, 12 8:49 AM
This is fun but I would have liked to have seen a variety of different things to do instead of almost every level building scaffolds or metal beams.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Oct 4, 12 8:09 PM
I've been playing this game for a week or so and I wanted to come leave a review.
I normally DONT, but there was so much floating around in my head in regards to Monument Builders: Statue of Liberty I said hey why not?
OK so....the pros and cons of this game all added together leave it with about an overall C+ rating from me.
I found that most of the time, I really was not given any clear guidance on what to do exactly. I mean for the overall basic stuff it was obvious but omg.
Also, I have never bee able to tell where i am in a level as far as timing - can I still get the gold or silver? Am I way past that point? Nowhere near it? I dunno!

But then all the little time managementy aspects of it were actually pretty satisfying. Its just that so much of it felt like it didnt all fit together quite right.
Its hard to expalin that but I think the difficulty in explaining it comes from the fact that the game never really gelled.
I dont regret having bought it so much, but I doubt I'll be replaying this game, if thats any indication.

[Post New]by SueBordian on Oct 10, 12 4:16 PM
NOT my cuppa tea. I found the instructions vague and so the game was near impossible to play. I'm glad so many others seem to like it, though.

[Post New]by whirled_peas on Oct 21, 12 2:47 PM
I enjoyed learning the facts about the Statue of Liberty but overall this game is just the same over and over again. I downloaded the other Monument Builders but just couldn't face the same thing all over again. Graphics were cute, and some levels were a little challenging in that strategy had to be used. This is a plus but I think I will go back to my Be Rich and Be Richer games, which I absolutely adore for the freedom and bonuses that the game gives you.

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on May 12, 13 4:42 AM
Just going through th egame for another time and read some of the "facts". Part 2 Level 8 says the base was built between 1984 and 1986 ... whoops out by 100 years. Makes me wonder about some of the other facts.

[Post New]by mammamia21099 on Aug 2, 13 11:13 AM
I have loved all the Monument Builders games, but this one is the best by far! I love all the little fact tidbits that we get throughout the game. I always learn some new obscure historical fact while playing these games. The storyline is the same as the last two, we are in charge of arranging for building (the Statue of Liberty in this episode) I can't wait to see which Monument we will be building in the next episode of this series! If you love time management games, then this ones right up your alley!

I definitely recommend this game!

Go to: