Re:Post any Witch Hunters: Stolen Beauty Collector`s Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by BradGirlMoM on Sep 30, 12 8:37 AM
I have purchased both Witch Hunters games and I have tried everything to fix to no avail. I have played alot of games and just purchased and played one yesterday with no problems. I think this game itself should be removed until the developer can fix the issues. It is not my computer it's the game itself. I would like replacement games for both.

Re:Post any Witch Hunters: Stolen Beauty Collector`s Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by nhkitty2005 on Sep 30, 12 2:00 PM
Didn't even get through the first 45 minutes. Tried to use the Strategy Guide, but it was not helpful. Probably because I can't turn the pages. I only get the first page of the chapter, then I have to go "home" because the arrows don't seem to work. I'm not one who likes to use the Strategy Guide, but when I do need it, I want it to actually WORK.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Oct 1, 12 6:30 AM
how do you access the bonus game?

dannsh
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by dannsh on Oct 7, 12 3:20 PM
There are at lease two bugs in this game that will cause you to trash your .dat file on the Mac and start over. On is in the main game with the pearl. If you drop the pearl on the chest with the snake the pearl will disappear and you will not be able to use the pearl on the jewel box.

The second bug is in the bonus game. If you melt the tin in the fire place and do not get the third board for the scuffling in the Church the fire place will be lock from you retrieve the third board. I would hope that Big Fish will give anyone who as experienced these problems a credit for another CE game.

I have had this problem and replayed the game to the conclusion, but I am not going to replay just to finish the bonus game.

The are real bugs and need to be fixed.

Oh yes -- There is a bug that crashes the game upon exit, but does not affect the game or the computer.

Edited on 10/07/2012 at 3:22:25 PM PST

[Post New]by LadyJewell on Oct 10, 12 8:52 PM
shellykayd wrote:I am having problems with the bonus game. It is the part where you find the scarecrow and there is a pond with a house in the middle of it. The game either freezes up completely (where I actually have to turn off my computer to get out of it) or shows an error (it disappears too quickly for me to read it) and kicks me back onto my desktop.

I have restarted my computer twice as well as uninstalling the game and then redownloading it. The same things continues to happen.

The rest of the game worked fine, it's only this one spot and only when I click on the pond with the eye.

I am unsure what else I can do.

Shelly

I am having this problem, too. Same spot, same response--complete crash every time.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 12, 12 12:44 PM
Hi LadyJewell,

When a game crashes like you describe, it can often help to update your video card and graphics drivers. We go over how to do that in our help article here.

If that doesn't get everything working correctly again, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They have the tools to take a look at your system and see what else may be causing the issue. You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by SSDGamer on Oct 23, 12 1:10 AM
Hi Everybody!

It looks like we're having the same problem that a lot of other people are talking about:

- The cupboard door where "Lightning" is won't open

We did get a 'hand' on that door, but when clicked it grabbed the "Archer" (through the closed door!) instead of opening the door - I'm an IT person, so that spelled trouble with me then-and-there...

After about an hour of "pixel mapping", including using a magnifying glass, we used the 'Hint' (we hate doing that...) only to see the spirals going nowhere - up and off the page and then back again.

When we checked here, we found a walkthrough that showed the same objects we had - but - that's when we noticed our screen only had the two doors on the right open (we also saw the "Lightning" in the walkthrough, behind the left door). So, just to be sure we grid mapped that door again - nah.

We only downloaded it less than a week ago, and we did that straight-up - we didn't download the trial first, and then over-write it with the full version. Help?

[Post New]by Vmccall on Jun 6, 13 2:54 PM
I am playing on the iPad version and today when I press play it brings me to a blank screen after playing about 60% of the game already. What can I do?

[Post New]by Vixen_Bee on Jun 14, 13 9:16 AM
I am playing on ipad, and I have just collected the third bowl, but when trying to go to the pottery room, the game freezes and shuts down. What am I meant to do now?

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jun 14, 13 12:37 PM
Hello Vixen_Bee and Vmccall,

Welcome to the Pond!

I'm sorry to hear that you're both experiencing issues with your game freezing or being unable to move forward.

For information on solving some of these technical issues with games on an iPad, I've linked a handy help article below. Just click on the blue text to reach that:

iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch Games

If that doesn't resolve your issues, I would definitely recommend contacting our dedicated Mobile Support Team. They'll be able to ask some questions to help get to the bottom of what's happening.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

MrsDebiC
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by MrsDebiC on Jun 16, 13 2:50 PM
iPad version—doesn't allow zooming in when it's time for the pencil-sharpening activity. The hints take me there, but once I'm there the hint just says "I guess I'd better look elsewhere." (I also read through the walkthrough to see if I missed anything, but nothing came to light.)

Someone else started a separate discussion about this problem (pencil sharpening). If this doesn't get fixed soon, I'll want my $6.99 refunded.

[Post New]by Lizaubrey on Jun 20, 13 5:53 PM
I have the broken pencil....and the Guide says I should go and sharpen it but the game won't let me click on the desk with the sharpener on it. I dread the thought of having to reinstall and start all over again......help!

[Post New]by Dragonrings on Jul 6, 13 6:34 AM
DO NOT put the pearl on the snake protecting the chest. You will open the chest but will not be able to pick up anything inside AND you loose the pearl...

MrsDebiC
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by MrsDebiC on Jul 10, 13 7:42 PM
Re: iPad version, non-zooming pencil-sharpening scene

I've heard back from Customer Support. They're working on a fix but don't yet know when it will be out.

[Post New]by maedchen17 on Sep 2, 13 3:14 PM
I'm frustrated. Great game until needing to sharpen the pencil. Cannot zoom in on the desk and really annoyed that there is no fix for this despite the fact that people have been talking about it for months.
Please fix or refund my money.

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

[Post New]by bluejen on Feb 3, 14 2:44 PM
Big bump, sorry. I can't remember what happened to the flower, the caterpillar and the sage plant clipping for the bottles. I have the gear, the lizard's tail, one of two gryphons and all the 12 snakes. The "hint" just keeps leading me to the bottles to put the flower, etc on and I can't since I don't have the items any more.

What do I do to get rid of the rats in the secret room? I am NOT going to start this all over again. Any ideas would be appreciated.

[Post New]by MNM_anderson on Feb 6, 14 3:41 PM
I have 2 issues:
1. Can't open the walk through guide more than once while in the game, it just comes up with blank pages after I've closed it.
2. While I can zoom into the puppet, I can't turn it over to place the kewy, nor can I pick it up. I've restarted the app, and have checked and I do indeed have all the parts.

Can someone please help?

Regards,
MNM_anderson

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

[Post New]by bluejen on Feb 16, 14 4:02 PM
That is really strange that you can't open the strategy guide. Did you submit a help ticket? I read somewhere that you can uninstall the game and reinstall and it will pick up where you left off. Ha, I certainly haven't had the nerve to do that! Good luck, wish I could help!

Stuck in witch's room

[Post New]by Guajirita on Sep 14, 14 10:17 AM
Hi...I'm frozen in the HOS in the witch's bedroom...I can't click on the last object, and each time I log in, the last object is different, swan, glove, record, coral, etc. the screen is unresponsive, and I can't exit the scene to try again. I really don't want to uninstall the app, because it will purge my progress, and I'm almost done!

I'm using an iPad2. I've done lots of your other games without any trouble!

Also, I downloaded this and a couple other games during your end of summer sale, and received no 50% discount.

Go to: