littlepea
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Post any Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by littlepea on Aug 31, 12 9:33 AM
I've just installed the trial version, and it immediately showed "trial expired". Didn't even get the chance to run it.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Re:Post any Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 31, 12 11:07 AM
Mafuane wrote:I have the same problem as a few other people. Firstly the game won't install properly unless you download flash through internet explorer, for some strange reason. Also you have to download flash even though you have the latest up to date version.

I have lag with the game as well, as soon as the game starts on the menu screen, the cursor is sticky and the sound will also lag. If you go onto options (if you can) and click on custom cursor it'll return you to your original cursor, this worked for me for a while but eventually even that started sticking. I also can't open the game in windows mode because it doesn't support my screen apparently, so that is out.

Looking at my frame rate, it's at 900 throughout, and I have a good graphics card and all latest drivers. Still stumped.

Hi Mafuane,

It does sound like getting this game to work properly has been more complicated that it should be!

Since you've tried updating your video card and the graphics programs, the next thing I'd suggest is running the game in Administrator Mode, which will make sure the game has all the permissions it needs. You can read about how to make that adjustment in our help article here.

If that doesn't help, please get in touch with our Tech Support. They'll be able to see how the game is running on your particular system and can work with you directly on some more specific troubleshooting ideas. You can contact them by clicking here submit a support ticket via email. Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 31, 12 11:10 AM
littlepea wrote:I've just installed the trial version, and it immediately showed "trial expired". Didn't even get the chance to run it.

Hi littlepea,

It sounds like something happened while the trial version was downloading.

Please, check out the help article here about uninstalling and reinstalling a game. Going through that process should get everything straightened out with the trial timer and you'll be ready to play from there.

bfgMonongahela

ibn1984
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by ibn1984 on Aug 31, 12 11:53 AM
I played the entire game. The ending was abrupt. I placed the jar on the alter, and the game was over. No cut scene, just a girl saying, "thank you for saving me". The screen change to the beginning, I click on extras. It took me to the bonus chapter, then my computer froze. I had to manually shut down, restart, and now the game won't even load. I uninstalled, and reinstalled, I hit the play button, and nothing. The game just won't load for me to play it at all.

Edited on 08/31/2012 at 11:57:40 AM PST

littlepea
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by littlepea on Aug 31, 12 12:29 PM
bfgMonongahela wrote:
littlepea wrote:I've just installed the trial version, and it immediately showed "trial expired". Didn't even get the chance to run it.

Hi littlepea,

It sounds like something happened while the trial version was downloading.

Please, check out the help article <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/492/kw/uninstall>here</a> about uninstalling and reinstalling a game. Going through that process should get everything straightened out with the trial timer and you'll be ready to play from there.

bfgMonongahela

Thank you, that worked perfectly!

Mary8938
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Mary8938 on Aug 31, 12 1:32 PM
Mafuane wrote:I have the same problem as a few other people. Firstly the game won't install properly unless you download flash through internet explorer, for some strange reason. Also you have to download flash even though you have the latest up to date version.

Thank you for the above. I was using Chrome and Firefox and it would not recognize Flash. I just installed Flash through Explorer (even though I already had the most current version) and the game finally installed. That's pretty bizarre, but thanks for the tip.

[Post New]by bdawnv on Aug 31, 12 11:17 PM
When in the theatre, I put the time bomb in the bucket and tipped it over. It exploded and when i went forward there is supposed to be able to use your sword on the heart in plant monster but there is nothing there. It wont let me do anything. I cannot move on.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 1, 12 12:59 AM
Hi Fishies,

ibn1984 - that sounds very stange indeed, for dedicated advice I think the best thing to do would be to contact our Tech Support directly. They will be glad to provide some options for you.

bdawnv - I would suggest having a look at the built in game Strategy Guide to make sure that no other tasks need to be completed first as sometimes, tasks need to be tackled in a certain order.

If the problems persist and you feel like this may be a tech issue, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

Re:Bathroom scene/ Handle with red knob spoiler alert

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on Sep 1, 12 9:15 AM
I am at the bathroom scene I cleaned the mirror and got the paper and the handle with the red knob. I went to the scene with the light and the fog. I opened up the light with the other handle. when I went into inventory the handle with the red knob had disappeared?

KDinMD

LisaP49
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by LisaP49 on Sep 1, 12 6:43 PM
I'm having same problem as bdawnv with the heart issue.I've gone back to see if I missed anything and I didn't yet after I blow up the plant it doesn't show the heart.I can't go any farther until I can resolve this issue.Please help!!!!

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Sep 1, 12 8:51 PM
bella81762 wrote:end game,, guide says place magic energy on alter,,,,i did,,,only thing left in inventory is spear of dawn,,

after placing magic energy, according to guide supposed to be a cutscene,,,,,there is not.......anyone else

The same thing happened to me. I placed the jar down and nothing happened. I have all 24 pages of the book so I don't know what else to do. I can't move on to bonus.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Sep 2, 12 2:12 AM
LisaP49 wrote:I'm having same problem as bdawnv with the heart issue.I've gone back to see if I missed anything and I didn't yet after I blow up the plant it doesn't show the heart.I can't go any farther until I can resolve this issue.Please help!!!!

Hi LisaP49 & bdawnv! Did you go back to the observatory and shine the light on the plant roots? ....using the TV monitor after you solve the sun puzzle? I believe you may need to do that before the heart is exposed.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Sep 2, 12 3:26 AM
Morning Fishies,

KDinMD43 - That definitely isn't nice! Maybe you can find your items again by Uninstall and Reinstall the game!

This could also help with not being able to access the bonus content giddiup101.

If you still can't go on with your games, our dedicated Tech Support Fishies will definitely be happy to have a look at that for you so you can finally enjoy the rest of your game!

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by MickeyMikado on Sep 2, 12 9:08 AM
I have 24 pages of the book and the last sentence on the right page is....it was the beginning of the end.' If this is the last page, why can't I put this book on the altar?

[Post New]by MickeyMikado on Sep 2, 12 9:12 AM
I have the jar of mystic energy and the completed sword...forgot to mention that. I searched the maps and there are no other tasks and went back through every room. There is nothing else to do....cannot access bonus content until I get that book on the altar!

BarbLeigh
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by BarbLeigh on Sep 2, 12 9:51 AM
I have twice restarted this game, get to the water tower and I need the elevator key. It is nowhere in my inventory and when I check the SG(hate to say how many times I read that), I don't know where to find that stupid key, is it me or a glitch, can't go forward without it.

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

Re:Game freeze and error messages

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on Sep 2, 12 10:39 AM
I received 2 error messages my computer is a HP Touch Smart 320. 1 message said error accesss violation OxC000C479 when I was outside the cave opening all the stone doors. The second happened during the cut scene at the beginning of the extra game play.

I will try once again.
KDin MD

sheilafaye
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheilafaye on Sep 2, 12 11:24 AM
Count me among those who get to the end of the game, with all tasks complete, including 24 pages of the book and all of the mystic lights and no way to place the book on the altar!

So, impossible to play the bonus game. I tried uninstall, reinstall and still no luck. I do NOT wish to play again under another player, just to play the bonus or find this happens yet again [worst case].

I feel strongly that, if we cannot access the bonus content, this game is NOT a CE and does not justify the CE price. I know BF wants to fix this. If anyone finds out what the fix is, please post in this blog.

Thx,
Sheila

[Post New]by MickeyMikado on Sep 2, 12 2:56 PM
Sheila, I agree. This has happened to me more than once with these CE's. I emailed Big Fish that I want my money back on this game. I have no interest in playing it again just to get to the bonus content. We are not alone...many people are having this problem.

When these errors and operating issues occur in a game, BFG should pull the game, refund everybody's money and release it when it's bug free. Instead, if they do refund, you get a 'single' use coupon that cannot be used to put purchase another CE game. I have a bunch of these and they are worthless and BFG knows it. I should be able to apply them to get other CE games.

This way, they never have to give up the money for the defective game!!! This time I want my money back!

LisaP49
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by LisaP49 on Sep 2, 12 4:33 PM
sheilafaye wrote:Count me among those who get to the end of the game, with all tasks complete, including 24 pages of the book and all of the mystic lights and no way to place the book on the altar!

So, impossible to play the bonus game. I tried uninstall, reinstall and still no luck. I do NOT wish to play again under another player, just to play the bonus or find this happens yet again [worst case].

I feel strongly that, if we cannot access the bonus content, this game is NOT a CE and does not justify the CE price. I know BF wants to fix this. If anyone finds out what the fix is, please post in this blog.

Thx,
Sheila

Go to: