doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

Re:Post any Mystic Legacy: The Great Ring technical issues here only

[Post New]by doccat5 on Nov 10, 12 7:54 AM
I have installed and uninstalled 4 different times and changed browsers. The game will not open at all. This is just the demo version. I'm disgusted!

[Post New]by 4_fun_id on Nov 10, 12 10:33 AM
Downloaded the demo to iMac running OS X 10.6.8 without a problem, but can't open game. Game crashes immediately. I deleted the demo game and re-downloaded and still crashes immediately when trying to play it.

krole91
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by krole91 on Nov 10, 12 11:54 AM
Same here--installed, re-installed, restarted, everything and the game crashes on opening every time!

bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by bajacalla on Nov 10, 12 11:56 AM
like a couple of other Mac users here, I cannot open the demo. it crashes every.single.time. uninstalled, reinstalled, crash, uninstalled, reinstalled, crash, ad nauseum.

gee, no thanks, I'll not contact the Tech Support. because every.single.time. I have with previous games, it's either "Mac? what's a Mac? did you try uninstalling and reinstalling? did you try frammusing the jamaling? oh, you don't have that on a Mac? what's a Mac?" or "well, WE installed in on the Mac in our office, and had ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM. so you must be the single anomaly in the universe."

gee, no thanks.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Nov 10, 12 12:06 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that some of you playing on a Mac aren't able to get the game opened. That's something our dedicated Mac Tech Support Team would be happy to help with. They can hopefully determine what's causing that issue to occur and find a fix so you can enjoy the game.

bajacalla, I apologize that our Tech Support Team wasn't able to help in the past. We certainly don't want that to be the case. The Mac Tech Support Team is dedicated to helping as best they can, and I would encourage you to contact them so they can look into that for you. I'd like to see you be able to enjoy the game!

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

therat03
Clownfish
Clownfish
646 Posts

[Post New]by therat03 on Nov 10, 12 8:28 PM
This might be a fine game but I wouldn't know – cursor lag is unbearable. The game is essentially unplayable as it is impossible to hit a an object without waiting a couple seconds to make sure you stopped on the right spot. I highly recommend BFG work with the developers to get this game optimized, as was done with Bluebeard's Castle.

I am on a 2010 11" Mac MBA running 10.7.5.

[Post New]by 4_fun_id on Nov 11, 12 6:04 AM
That's interesting. When I had trouble yesterday morning, I checked the system requirements information and at that time the posted requirement was Mac OS 10.6.8. Guess that was incorrect.

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Nov 11, 12 10:20 PM
4_fun_id wrote:Downloaded the demo to iMac running OS X 10.6.8 without a problem, but can't open game. Game crashes immediately. I deleted the demo game and re-downloaded and still crashes immediately when trying to play it.

Same here. (Same configuration.) Demo loads, but won't open. Have tried reloading it on several occasions on separate days; no go. Sure makes me appreciate the devs who make their games work well across different platforms.

scs2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by scs2 on Nov 12, 12 7:04 AM
shorenuf wrote:On an iMac running LION -- extreme cursor lag. Also, had to keyboard quit out of game after it hung clicking "yes". I was quite sure I wanted to quit.

eskimo1203
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by eskimo1203 on Nov 12, 12 12:24 PM
Mac OS 10.7 came out in 2011 and 10.8 in 2012. I guess all of us with “old” Macs can’t play this one....

MiamMiam
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by MiamMiam on Nov 17, 12 8:53 PM
Downloaded, but every time I try to open it, it won't open, gives an error message. I uninstalled, emptied trash, and reinstalled. Same thing.

I am on on a Mac running: 10.6.8 all updates (that I know of).

emery419
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by emery419 on Feb 15, 13 1:47 PM
I can't even get the game to open, so many of you are way ahead of me!! I have uninstalled and reinstalled with the same result. It installs fine and within the amount of time expected. Running Mac OS 10.6.8.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Feb 15, 13 2:03 PM
Hi Fishies,

For those of you playing on Macs and are unable to get the game to open, I recommend getting in touch with our Mac Tech Support Team. They can look into that further and see what might be causing that. There could be some compatibility issues that are not allowing it to run, but hopefully we can get you gaming in no time!

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

[Post New]by sadckramer on May 9, 13 7:05 AM
I purchased this game and the download seems to work (no error messages). But when I open it the screen is constantly blinking. I've checked the resolution and that's not the problem. Any thoughts? I've reinstalled it 3 times already.

Sorry - running on windows 8.

Edited on 05/09/2013 at 7:06:22 AM PST

[Post New]by momsdodge on May 24, 13 3:03 PM
I am having the same problem as sadckramer. How do i fix this. tech support was no help.

[Post New]by Muffinsands on Sep 7, 13 4:57 AM
Same problem as momsdodge and sadckramer - even installed as admin it flickers constantly - cant play it. Any suggestions ???

[Post New]by goodyear1998 on Sep 7, 13 5:29 AM
would love to play this game but no matter how many times I try to uninstall and reinstall,change player etc,,, game wont work.
ok it plays but screen is flashing all the time.
all drivers etc up to date.
this is second game in a row I've had problems with.
not a happy bunny

CelticElf
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by CelticElf on Sep 7, 13 12:33 PM
Having the same problem with the screen flickering as the last few people - I downloaded the demo to try before I bought it but couldn't even start the game, the flickering was so bad - I uninstalled it and am waiting to see if there are any fixes for this. I am running Windows 8 and all my video drivers and Flash and shockwave players are up to date... help please BFG !!!!

FireOpal
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by FireOpal on Sep 7, 13 1:08 PM
I'm having that flickering screen issue as well. It seems to be a Win 8 problem. I've tried various configurations under the Compatibility Modes: XP etc, 16bit, resolution. Nothing has changed that rapid flickering. Won't be able to buy this one.

NB: Worked fine on my old system under XP with a cruddy graphics card. heh

Edited on 09/07/2013 at 1:09:32 PM PST

[Post New]by Disavowed1 on Sep 7, 13 4:29 PM
Same issue as many above. Game installs just fine, but as soon as I connect to play it starts to flicker and won't quit.
Game is completely unplayable.

Running on Windows 8, my machine is less than 12 months old. No other issues with any other games. All running requirements installed for game play.
this is the only game with this issue, it simply won't stop flashing.

Go to: