sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

Re:Reviews for Mystic Legacy: The Great Ring

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Sep 2, 12 3:56 PM
Thanks Valdy. It is nice to hear from a great reviewer if the game is worth the effort. As i wrote earlier, I will probably spend more time looking at reviews from others before purchasing a CE. As stated previously, the CE last week was way, way too long and had way, way too many locations to keep track of.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Sep 2, 12 4:47 PM

What a great little game that was .

I really enjoyed it . The graphics were good as was the storyline, the humour, the personalisation touches and I particularly liked the maze and the box with the fireworks in puzzles to name but two and I wouldn't mind seeing them in another game . The map was very useful when my feet started aching and I really appreciated being able to play without sparkles . The addition of looking for the lions was a bonus and I thought their minigame was fun, l especially liked what happened when I completed one .

It wasn't a perfect game because there were a couple of things I had a little bit of difficulty with but for an SE I thought it was a very good quality one.

One of these things was I found a couple of the HO scenes a bit too dark to see some of the objects without leaning close to the screen and the other was finding the "sweet" spot when using some items, such as the feather. Keep having the item I was trying to use bounce back into the inventory led me to think I was doing something wrong only to find when checking the hint that I was actually using the right item in the right place. Please can you make those areas a bit less picky in future.

More games please devs

Cherb

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Sep 2, 12 4:54 PM
That was a nice game to play!!! I don't agree with people who said is only a beginner's game . I think it's a relaxing game to play in a long weekend as it's in US.
Thank you BF, and for the forum's people who helped a lot
Enjoy

JammyKat
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by JammyKat on Sep 2, 12 8:31 PM
This game reminds me of Vampire Saga - Pandora's Box, because this one also draws you into the story and really makes you want to keep playing to see what is going to happen next. The map makes it easy to know where you need to still do something, although it would have been nice to be able to jump to the location. Still, you can easily see the path you need to take. Really a good feature for people like me who don't play the game through at one sitting, and whose memory isn't quite as clear as it used to be I also like the lighter tone of the game. A nice change from some of the dark themes we see so often.

I can really sink my teeth into this game. (Yeah, I HAD to say it!)

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Sep 2, 12 11:10 PM
Has there been a more fun, more personal SE/H0PA to recently come down the BFG pike than this one? I think not!

This game (from a new developer?) has it all--gameplay modes, cursor choice, sound & music sliders (both features are really good), player name inclusion (that's a great thing), classy graphics, meaningful H0 scenes, an "achievements" goal (Lions), and most of all, a really engaging story with loads of dialogue humor (without being overbearing)! No voiceovers? Who needs that with writing/scripting like this?

I somehow thought that this would be just another "vampire hunter" saga; in a way, it is, but with humorous twists and turns here and there (e.g., "fake blood"?). It's a fun departure from the broody, gloomy games (although I like those).

We can only hope that there are more offerings on the horizon from this developer, and that BFG releases them ASAP!

Regards, elldee

pubprof
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by pubprof on Sep 3, 12 12:52 PM
New Developer??? Keep up the good work. This is an excellent, fun game. Just different enough to keep my interest throughout the entire game. Looking forward to your next release. Kudos!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Sep 3, 12 2:16 PM
Rather fun for a silly little game. Game play is easy and nice, hint system good, music nice, HOGs simple, games easy. Graphics are a bit old school, but not bad at all. Didn't run into any voice-overs in the demo, but could have used a few here and there.

This is a nice little game for a no brainer, lazy day like today. I liked it and I will buy it and take advantage of the sale today. Thanks for the reviews.

(Edited for typo)

Edited on 09/03/2012 at 2:18:27 PM PST

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Sep 3, 12 4:54 PM
If I was hesitate about trying this game (video really didn't impress me), gmac's review helped swing my vote!! I do like vampires, but something about graphics didn't grab me, but I tried (and bought) the game, since this is a sale weekend. First of all, I must say, what a wimpy vampire!! I'm surprised he has lived as long as he has (however long that is!!) and did anybody else notice how much he looked like James Woods, the american actor, when he got old? (the vampire not James Woods!!) And as for his "best" friend, I agree with gmac. Leave his dumb a-- and head home!! And the ghost was just totally unlikable.

I think the devs were confused as to which way they wanted the story to come out. First the vampire was bad and the ghost was good, then they were both good, then the ghost was bad and the vampire good. What the hey??!!

Anyway, it was an O.K. game. Not a bad way to pass a very rainy, dismal day here in NE PA. (getting the effects of Storm Isaac.)

feenix

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Sep 4, 12 6:31 AM
yes this game was very fun and enjoyable, Devs need to make games like this. we give this 5 stars.-------------------doug & lisa

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Sep 4, 12 8:22 AM
Looks like this is the first game by a new developer and, as such, I thought it was a pretty good first effort. There are some funny one-liners in this one, the graphics are good and the H0S are well spaced out and not too numerous (I counted 17). Items are quite easy to find. The map does let you jump to locations, but there is a slight delay.

Two downsides for me were that the music was the same throughout. Very dull and monotonous; really only a few notes played over and over again - the sort of background drone you would meditate to. The lack of voiceovers in a brand new game in this day and age also let it down.

If it hadn't been for those two elements I'd have given it 5 stars on the main page review. Certainly, imo, a much better SE than a lot I've seen from some much more established developers.

One thing I forgot to say in my main page review - it is difficult to see how you would need to purchase the Strategy Guide with this game, as the Hint button tells you exactly what to do next. I guess some gamers will love that and others will hate it for lack of challenge.

[Post New]by hoggiemoggie on Sep 7, 12 12:29 PM
The demo left me with no hesitation but to purchase this game. Like many of fishies, I also enjoyed the personal approach and the humor. Everything is so well-done, I hardly find any big minuses. Hope to see more of this kind.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Sep 7, 12 5:19 PM
I liked the game. Found the HINT button to be very helpful. Looks like there might be a sequel.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Sep 7, 12 7:07 PM
What a fun game...definately a 5 for me. Loved the sarcasm. . HOS were easy so the game did not bog down. Both the Skip and Hint buttons recharged very quickly which was good because I loose patience with mini games, although these were quite easy but time consuming and you definately will need the HINT button to help you around. Map was good, however, I never used the journal (not really sure why it was even there). Very entertaining game. Graphics were very good, crisp and clear. Really nothing bad to say. You will not regret buying this one.

PS: I play in casual mode so there were sparkles for you sparkle haters.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Sep 10, 12 8:51 PM
Love this game, dark storyline, great graphics, characters and easy cursor control

Verdict: 4/5

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Sep 19, 12 8:47 AM
Just finished this clever and well put together, little gem, loved having my name come up, in different area's of the game, how cool is that .
I wish more developers would do this, it really personalized the game for me, and I also loved the humor, had a few LOL moments, .

A big thumbs up for Foxy, what a great SE, IMHO well worth the price, and it has a decent length, also .
I did manage to collect more lions, than the required amount, so I did get to play the mini lion game, wasn't that impressed with it, but at least you got something for finding the collectables.
I loved the way the developers added new places to explore, and closed off the places, that were already complete, the game play was FUN and entertaining.
I just think the story was told well, the interaction was awesome, and the humor just added a bonus, to this well done vampire tale, great job developers !!
Try the demo, you might get surprised like I did, and really enjoy this gem, and get a few laugh's also .

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Oct 20, 12 9:41 PM
enjoyed the game, collected all the lions but did not get any mini game

[Post New]by whirled_peas on Dec 18, 12 12:53 AM
I liked this game. Fun, quirky humor & nice graphics. Not too many HOS - which were fun when you had them and pretty easy. After awhile I didn't even look at the list - I could kind of tell what they were going to ask for. I tend to do that in a lot of games - a different kind of challenge! Good puzzles - different. Overall an entertaining game that lasted a few hours. Used a punch card credit so that made it even better!

[Post New]by nessie55 on Feb 23, 13 10:40 AM
I just finished the short Demo version of this game. Now after I finish reading all of the reviews I am buying it! I love everything about this game and really want more games by this developer awesome and not as frustarting to play as alot of the others!!! Way to go on giving us a great game!

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Apr 30, 13 9:24 PM
30 minutes into the demo. First HOG, I found 3 objects on my own and needed a hint to find all the rest of them. The hint system is useless outside of the HOGs, as is the map.

The hint tells me to fix the fountain. Okay, any help on how I'm supposed to do that? There is something I might need that is too high for me to reach, but I have no idea what to do to be able to reach it. Eat one of Alice's cookies and grow tall maybe? Oh, that's a different story. Sorry.

The map indicates there is something to do in every location but only allows me to "jump" to a couple of locations indicated by arrows.

Nor do I have a clue what any of the items I have in inventory are for.

In addition, the boyfriend has been locked in a cage by a vampire, is in serious danger of being eaten, and my character is making jokes???????

It's late. Maybe if I come back in the morning, something will dawn on me, but so far, I'm not impressed.

ETA AFTER FINISHING THE DEMO:

Once I figured out how to repair the fountain and that pruners would work to collect sheep's wool (really?), things went fairly smoothly by using the hint button a couple of times. Two additional HOGs before the demo ended. One was very simple; the other required almost all the hints again.

It would take extreme boredom, absolutely nothing else to play, and a game credit to get me to buy this one.

Edited on 05/01/2013 at 12:35:57 AM PST

[Post New]by Tartanpimpernel on Sep 17, 13 12:36 PM
I have just finished this game, having bought it as a Daily Deal, and boy was I glad. I know the graphics weren't first class but the game play was. I was totally absorbed in the game. I don't think I have played a game that let me in to so many different areas, and all different. There were many HOs but they weren't too hard. The only minor point I would make is that I do like a hint when I get stuck but this hint told you exactly what to do and where to do it. All in all an absolute gem of a game. Look forward to many more.

Go to: