cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

Re:Comments for Angelica Weaver Catch Me When You Can Collector's Edition

[Post New]by cbtx on Sep 6, 12 3:51 AM
I JUST WANTED TO POINT OUT THAT HINTS ARE NOT LIMITED----WHEN YOU GET DOWN TO ZERO, THE HINT METER REFILLS AS IN OTHER GAMES.
THIS GAME FOLLOWS A LOT OF THE SAME FORMAT OF THE 'MIDNIGHT MYSTERIES' GAMES.

EVERYONE ENJOY!!

tinatoerat
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by tinatoerat on Sep 6, 12 3:57 AM
Opening scene made me motion-sick and couldn't be skipped. Nodding character can't be turned off. Gameplay OK, but didn't feel exactly like a collector's edition.

I found enough hints and used them fairly freely.

Interesting story.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Sep 6, 12 4:02 AM
Lol, cbtx, they are limited for me!

I use to "ask" the hint where to go now, and I waste the hints quite fast - waiting each movement to hint recharge only because I "asked" for direction is driving me nuts - I am lousy adventurer, and walking in circles is really not so funny...

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Sep 6, 12 4:33 AM
Well, swimming upstream here, I guess!
I played almost all of the demo before stopping to purchase! (I hate the black screen when a demo times out! )

I am thoroughly enjoying this game. The graphics are great, the gameplay is smooth, and I find the story interesting.

Angelica nodding down in the corner was a little distracting at first, however, once I got caught up in the story, she didn't bother me at all!
Love collecting things, winning achievements, etc. and Hurrah and Thanks! The Devs made the extras (with the usual exceptions, ie., bonus play and the reward for finding a particular item in the game) available immediately upon purchase!

Sorry that the motion is bothering some Fishies. I can't do 360s for that reason, but this has, fortunately, not been a problem for me in this game.
BK

Edited on 09/06/2012 at 5:27:43 AM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Sep 6, 12 4:57 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Lol, cbtx, they are limited for me!

I use to "ask" the hint where to go now, and I waste the hints quite fast - waiting each movement to hint recharge only because I "asked" for direction is driving me nuts - I am lousy adventurer, and walking in circles is really not so funny...

Well, I can certainly see what you mean there. It seems that so many of the newer games do give better help. This one should take that into account as well.

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Sep 6, 12 5:00 AM
Good morning everyone Sorry no Holy Catfish this morning needless to say that this game didn't have me at hello nor did it complete me. However had it not been for Princess Bobble Head down in the right hand corner the game might have stood a better chance sadly after about 15 minutes of demo even without Princess Bobble Head this one still didn't have much going for it at least for me. I managed to make it through the whole demo hoping the whole time that it would get better again sadly it didn't so by the end of the demo the game didn't even have me at good bye.

The graphics are rather good I'm not one for the realistic looking graphics I'm more of a hand drawn graphic's chick however I can play the games with the realistic graphics if the game has something else to offer but this one didn't. I don't like having to earn hints this is a game not a job I shouldn't have to work for a hint if I need a little help.

The voice over for the girl was a little more than nerve racking for me she seemed to just cut in whenever she felt the need and I really didn't like the fact that she was there all the time constantly staring at me with her head bobbing all around looking like she'd had one too many margaritas at the club.

I really wanted to like the game especially after I had already seen a video for the game earlier in the week and was already less than impressed with it but I kept an open mind and tried the demo anyway. The opening of the game was really nice as your coming down the alley but once that is over the game takes a hard, and swift downward spiral and sadly doesn't get any better or at least it didn't for me.

I appreciate the effort the dev's put into the game and although I really wanted and tried as hard as I could to like the game it just never happened and sadly the game just didn't do a thing for me and about half way through I really started struggling to finish the demo and quite frankly I was a little more than glad when it ended.

The puzzles were not fun in any way shape or form and forget the skip button, I mean grandma is slow but she has a good reason. The game to me felt old and dated with no umph factor and I was really hoping for one. Needless to say I will not be getting this ce or the se when it's released. Sorry Princess Bobble Head you just didn't have me at hello, goodbye nor did you complete me until we parted ways. For everyone who likes the game have a great time and enjoy your game.

Edited on 09/06/2012 at 5:20:33 AM PST

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Sep 6, 12 5:35 AM
Kind of interesting, but definitely not CE worthy that I can see from the demo. Played 51 minutes, and I'm not terribly impressed. I will wait for the SE and probably buy then.

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Sep 6, 12 6:19 AM
I was not impressed with this game at all. I like the murder mystery story line for a change, but the game play itself was tiring. I got motion sick during the opening scene and the scrolling scenes did not help. The girl nodding in the corner was too big and annoying. Needless to say, I will not be buying the CE and will have to think hard and long before buying the SE. Have a great day and to all who enjoy this game, have fun.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Sep 6, 12 6:26 AM
I just finished the demo and I find this game really different from any other I've played. I don't know if it's worth buying so I'm on the fence like some others are. I probably will wait for the regular version.

jenny1983
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
488 Posts

[Post New]by jenny1983 on Sep 6, 12 6:31 AM
gmac1007 wrote:
The voice over for the girl was a little more than nerve racking for me she seemed to just cut in whenever she felt the need and I really didn't like the fact that she was there all the time constantly staring at me with her head bobbing all around looking like she'd had one too many margaritas at the club.

Thanks for the laugh

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Sep 6, 12 6:56 AM
The story seems good. The graphics are clear and sharp. The HO scenes somewhat interactive. Puzzles OK. I don't know about sounds or music as I didn't have the speakers on. Skip button really long to refill for the puzzles. It is nice finding certain items to collect: bricks, dreamcatchers ... but don't know yet why they are important. I don't care for the characters or all the movement in the game.

I just don't know...I didn't get the feeling I wanted to stop everything and buy the game just to continue...maybe as a SE.

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Sep 6, 12 7:08 AM
jenny1983 wrote:
gmac1007 wrote:

Thanks for the laugh

Hi Jenny Your welcome for the laugh glad I could make you chuckle.

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Sep 6, 12 7:12 AM
Love the games these Devs put out. Though the story, the characters and the settings are different in each one the tone of the game is always the same. Boy was I surprised when I played this one because it is so different. I was only going to play a few minutes then come here to see what everyone else thought but I could not stop playing-it is that good. I will admit that at first having Angelica there staring at me kinda bugged me but she grew on me and would find myself checking to see if she approved my moves. Good job Devs and please bring more like this one.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Sep 6, 12 7:51 AM

Edited on 09/06/2012 at 4:14:54 PM PST

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Sep 6, 12 8:02 AM
WhippetLv,

This has happened to me before and I uninstalled the game than reinstalled it, and it gave me my demo time.
If you really want to try the game, this has worked for me, more than once, hope it helps :-)

chrelm
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by chrelm on Sep 6, 12 9:32 AM
I love this game. The graphics are great and the storyline I find very captivatiing. For me it feels like a "page turner" novel. The head bobbing was a little annoying at first but then I got used to it and actually liked it. The hint system is very clear if you just read where the hint tells you to go where there is a huge arrow on what you need to interact with. I am going to wait until the SE comes out to see what the length is but then depending on comments about the bonus chapter I might go ahead and buy the CE if the game is a good length which I think it probably will be.

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Sep 6, 12 9:32 AM
Not a bad game, but definitely not CE worthy. Subject matter is different than our haunted games, and no car crash! I did not like it that the windows do not close when you are done with them. As others have said, the woman at the right is too large and rather annoying. The noise when you find something is also annoying.

There was a glitch in my hidden object scene. Two of the items were not listed in the correct color, one being in plain sight that was supposed to be hidden, and the other hidden when supposed to be in sight. I replayed under a different profile to see if it would come up the same way, but the objects to find were different.

I don't have anything new to play, but even so I would rather replay old games than spend the money on a so-so CE. Maybe put it on the list for a DD or COTW. To all who like this one, enjoy!

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Sep 6, 12 9:37 AM
I'm with those who found the large figure
on the lower left very, very annoying. It just reminds me
of the large and growing larger ads that most tv channels
are placing on the bottom of the screen.

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Sep 6, 12 9:42 AM
Thanks to Cherb's comments in the review thread, I'm trying this game. And I'm liking it so far. I like the graphics, the motion, and the adventure-style challenge. The built-in strategy guide is nice, too.

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Sep 6, 12 9:53 AM

Edited on 09/06/2012 at 4:14:37 PM PST

Go to: