pigqueen
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Post any Alchemy Mysteries: Prague Legends technical issues here only

[Post New]by pigqueen on Sep 7, 12 7:10 PM
Major bummer!! Have downloaded, removed and reinstalled twice now. Nothing...black screen. Have tried all the tips and tricks....nothing works. I am heartily disappointed in this game! Didn't anyone check this game out before it was offered?

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Sep 7, 12 7:55 PM
I downloaded the game okay but when I try to open it, the screen goes black for about 5 seconds then the game obviously closes as the Game Manager says 'Time's running out!'.

I've tried the usual tricks & my laptop's drivers are up to date. I updated Flash Player & Shockwave 2 days ago.

My laptop's running Windows 7 Home Premium.

K

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 8, 12 3:23 AM
Hi Fishies,

The issue with the buttons switching is very odd indeed! So that we can invetigate this and provide dedicated support, please get in touch with our Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

If the game won't download for you, please have a look at the help article here, which has some great advice on how to resolve the most common download issues.

If your game is not running/displaying after installation, the following help article which will guide you through updating those elements that run your game - juta few updates can make a vast improvement!

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

As mentioned though, should you need more specific advice we will be glad to provide it, just get in touch withTech Support Team and we will do our best to help!

Thanks!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by Cuddlefish on Sep 8, 12 11:36 PM
Mine will download but won't open. I get the busy hourglass and then it just disappears. Tried the tricks with setting the screen to 16 bits. Everything else plays fine.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Sep 9, 12 2:59 AM
Heya Cuddlefish,

I'm sorry to hear that your game won't open and changing the screen resolution didn't help either. In this case a small update to your drivers might fix this problem. You can find some steps on how to do that here:

If the game still won't open I'd recommend you to contact our dedicated Tech Support, so we can have a closer look at that problem. They'll be able to help you even better if you include a Dr. Felix report with your message so they have all necessary information right away.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

pilimai729
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by pilimai729 on Sep 11, 12 2:11 PM
thank you for suggestion, and if I had a working left hand, I would, lol

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Sep 11, 12 6:24 PM
pilimai729 wrote:thank you for suggestion, and if I had a working left hand, I would, lol

I don't know if your mouse has game settings, but the mouse I use (Logitech) there is a gaming tab in the mouse settings and one of the options is to "Keep the Right/Left hand button assignments". You might look to see if your mouse has a similar option and make sure it's checked. The one I'm using isn't a fancy gaming mouse, either, just a plain old wireless mouse.

eigus
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by eigus on Sep 18, 12 5:49 AM
i installed this game and it did not work it flickers on and off and goes off to the play again screen .i tried to uninstall and install again but that did not help it did the same thing again.please help as i see in the forum that this game has a lot of problems does anyone try them before they post them for sale.

Edited on 09/18/2012 at 5:53:29 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 18, 12 7:10 AM
Hi eigus,

It sounds like your computer and game are not communicating as they should with one another.

The following help article has some general troubleshooting steps that have helped others to resolve similar issues:

If those steps don't help, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team.

This will allow Tech Support to provide some advice tailored to your system!

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Sep 25, 12 11:54 AM
This must be a very old game that was resurrected because Jet Dogs has not released a hard-coded right mouse game in... well... I don't remember any. So this is another leftie that will not even demo the game.

Post any Alchemy Mysteries: Prague Legends technical issues here only

[Post New]by nkksjt on Oct 2, 12 11:52 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166"> Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Sep 8, 13 10:02 AM
So this game is a year old now and offered as the DD and still nothing's been done in all that time to fix the glitches. I'm running Windows XP and the game downloaded fine but even with tinkering with everything in the Options menu, I still get the black screen with music playing and get kicked back out to the game manager. My older computer is updated as far as it can be but still falls within the game's requirements, so I don't understand why this one won't work when newer games with larger requirements work fine. I really wanted to play this one too but guess it'll have to go into the 'no buy' category for me.

dregester
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by dregester on Sep 8, 13 4:15 PM
I just downloaded and tried to play, and I get black screen with a curser and music playing. I see this is a problem they've had for a year and still haven't fixed. I can't even see the options menu to do any tinkering.

Go to: