[Post New]by loopyjean on Sep 8, 12 5:22 AM

Edited on 09/12/2012 at 2:58:23 AM PST

huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

Re:Reviews for Alchemy Mysteries: Prague Legends

[Post New]by huffpatsy on Sep 8, 12 12:06 PM
This is truly a weird game, but I played it all to the end. Thank God for the hint button and the quick return. Not my type of game but I bought it and had to finish it. I am anxiously awaiting some of my favorites to come up with something new. MCF for one.
I don't recommend it only giving it one star.

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Sep 8, 12 12:54 PM

Three out of five. An OK game with interactive H0s and some interesting puzzles, but it's kind of clunky and old-fashioned. The H0s have modern items such as USB sticks, however the overall feel of the game makes me wonder whether the devs have simply taken an old frame and bolted new stuff onto it. I'm glad I used a coupon rather than money.

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Sep 8, 12 3:42 PM
angelfish106 wrote:Yet another dreary game. The interior of the house looked drab and uninviting, the characters didn't make me want to get to know them, playing in casual mode the sparkles were annoying and every time you click on something, you get an circle around the cursor whether or not you've clicked on the right thing. I found that irritating. The fullscreen option worked but made the graphics grainy.

Nothing about this game made me want to buy it. Where have all the good games gone? It's back to trying for gold on some of the levels in Timebulders for me.

I got tired of that circle showing up really, really fast.

And where HAVE all the good games gone? I used to have a long "to buy" list. Today I spent seven credits I've been accumulating but have not been able to find games I really wanted to get. The "to buy" list is long gone, and games whose demos I didn't want to end (and when they did I was ready to buy the game) are gone. There doesn't seem to be anything new. I am about ready to deactivate my account.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Sep 8, 12 5:16 PM
Got through most of the Demo, but just couldn't finish. I agree with the bad or so-so reviews. I didn't care for the graphics, the characters moved like they were from games from the 80's!! And too much clicking here and there for what?! I just couldn't get into it. Sorry devs. Scooping my cats' litter box is more fun!!

feenix

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Sep 10, 12 9:07 PM
Another game with a dark scary storyline. Good graphics, different way to HOS, good characters.

LOVE IT

nannybrite
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by nannybrite on Sep 15, 12 4:30 PM
First time ever a hidden object game I Haven't aced. A great fun challenge and I admit to using mega hints. But lots of fun, challenging and great graphics. Thanks for great games and a chance to try them again on there own. Well worth the $$$$$$

psylocibin
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by psylocibin on Oct 3, 12 10:47 PM
I would buy it if there were a walkthrough. without that, I could get stuck and just not be able to work it out. I like the game enough to get it but the walkthrough is needed.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Oct 9, 12 7:10 PM
I bought the game and it was a waste. I only got as far as trying to connect the signs on the wall to find the water sign and the game froze on me. I also got this weird error message. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it at least 3 or 4 times and just gave up. I deleted the game. Hope no one else had this problem

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Oct 21, 12 7:24 AM
i played 20 mins and was thoroughly bored

godschild1955
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by godschild1955 on Jan 6, 13 2:57 PM
HI Everyone....just started this game & frustrated already! It's Boring having to go through the little outtakes, they're SO slow. And it seems I go left/right on & on more than actually playing. Just needed to vent, thanks-lol.
Think I'll go play one of my others for now, falling asleep here.
Happy Gaming Everyone

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jan 14, 13 10:03 AM
we loved all the monsters, madmen, mayhem, and morbid scenes. we recommend this game to all who like this stuff.------------doug & lisa

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jun 14, 13 11:58 PM
I just finished playing the demo.

At first I thought, wow, if I have to keep turning in circles in order to see anything... and wow, the arrow hint isn't very helpful when it points up to four possible directions at once. But now, at least, I'm starting to get the hang of the overly complicated and only partially transporting map.

So far, I haven't come across any dark locations, and the game doesn't seem to be all that spooky, but there have been a few startling moments.

You've heard of the cigarette-smoking man? Well, here we have our very own cigarette-smoking woman! She's definitely not to be trusted.

I am loving the voice acting, especially the man in the antique shop... not a Czech accent, mind you, nor Bohemian, but more like somebody's Jewish uncle from New York. LOL! But in fact, the acting isn't bad. Not bad at all.

The artwork is quite good and even better in the street scenes. But as Kris said,
...all I'm doing is having an overly chummy relationship with the help icon...
And the stone goliath and alien-looking robots (?) we see in the beginning don't seem to fit with the premise of inheriting an ancient mansion and finding out who your forebears might be, which seems like story enough without throwing in monsters and robotic aliens to boot.

I think I'll pass on this one.

Edited on 06/15/2013 at 12:02:47 AM PST

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Sep 8, 13 12:53 AM
crowtrobot wrote:
angelfish106 wrote:Yet another dreary game. The interior of the house looked drab and uninviting, the characters didn't make me want to get to know them, playing in casual mode the sparkles were annoying and every time you click on something, you get an circle around the cursor whether or not you've clicked on the right thing. I found that irritating. The fullscreen option worked but made the graphics grainy.

Nothing about this game made me want to buy it. Where have all the good games gone? It's back to trying for gold on some of the levels in Timebulders for me.

I got tired of that circle showing up really, really fast.

And where HAVE all the good games gone? I used to have a long "to buy" list. Today I spent seven credits I've been accumulating but have not been able to find games I really wanted to get. The "to buy" list is long gone, and games whose demos I didn't want to end (and when they did I was ready to buy the game) are gone. There doesn't seem to be anything new. I am about ready to deactivate my account.

I agree with all said above and this is an old game. I downloaded it this morning to find it already had my name on it and 48 minutes left to play so I obviously tried and dumped this game some time ago. BF are ripping us off. Whats the point in being a member. There was only one CE this week, one SE (to use my very long list of Coupon Codes) and I already had it as a CE. I have 1 Credit and I've had that for a month and nothing to use that on. Where have all the good games gone? This used to be such a good site but sadly no more.If I keep buying CE's I have nothing to spend CC on, so I lose them.

Go to: