Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

Re:Post The Agency of Anomalies The Last Performance Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Sep 13, 12 12:02 PM
I'm using Windows 7 The screen was elongated causing the hint and menu buttons to be missing. This happened with The Theatre of Shadows too. Anyway I have found a solution that seems to have worked for me.

Right click on the desktop and select on Graphics Properties.
Then find Scaling and select Customise Aspect Ratio.
I changed the Vertical Scaling to 10 and applied it.
I then tried the game and the whole screen was inside the monitor.
I quit and restored the scaling to their original settings

and lo and behold, I seem to have tricked the game into staying within the boundaries of the monitor and nothing else on my computer has been affected

Lime_Cordial
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

Kicked out after Guide click

[Post New]by Lime_Cordial on Sep 13, 12 3:16 PM
I am almost finished the game and I am totally stuck on a part with no hints, and when I clicked "Guide" the game turfed me out. Sigh - probably been playing long enough as it is.

fraziely
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

Re:Post The Agency of Anomalies The Last Performance Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by fraziely on Sep 13, 12 4:34 PM
Well, the game initializes just fine. But soon thereafter (before the screen with the menu's) my screen just goes black. I have my pc hooked up to one of the tv's, and when the screen goes black, it also says "No Input" as if it's not receiving any info from pc/game.

Oh well, it's probably a vid card issue....I sure was looking forward to playing this game .

[Post New]by Mitsukiheartnet on Sep 13, 12 5:02 PM
I've got a variation of the the screen problem... Namely the bottom of the screen, along with half of the object list, is offscreen! I can't play! Please help!

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Sep 13, 12 6:00 PM
I'm not having the same problems as the rest of you, but I can't play the first puzzle, vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy sssssssssssssllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww tttttttttttttttttuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggg. After the first puzzle which I skipped everything went back to normal............

dlcoyte
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by dlcoyte on Sep 13, 12 6:45 PM
Aspect ratio always works on my HP monitor, when full screen doesnt fill the whole page and it Did NOT work in this case.

My belief is that this is just the way the game is made, Why, Gosh only knows.... I got used to it once I knew there was no fixing it. Dont know why they do this though.

The absolute worse is the ones with the Frames all around the game making you lose most of your playing screen, so this isnt so bad.

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

[Post New]by firekat7 on Sep 13, 12 7:32 PM
I'm having the black bars around the video portions of the game, but interactive scenes fit screen perfectly. I could live with that, but the slowness of the puzzles is sooo annoying. I have Windows 7 PC and ATI Radeon graphics card.

I can't remember which game it was, but I had the slow puzzle problem until the developer gave us the fix. Hopefully, that is the problem with this game and I will wait for the fix before I purchase.

This is the first Agency of Anomalies I've tried. It's beautiful and the puzzles are fun. Fingers crossed for fix. In the meantime, I will try the other games in the series. Darn, I was hoping not to get hooked on another series, but it's too late now.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Sep 13, 12 7:34 PM
No problems such as the above players have mentioned re "aspect ratio" etc, but the cursor is so slow and jerky in my game it makes it extremely annoying to try to play. I changed the cursor but it "just isn't the same" with game play. The usual BF yellow-box suggestions do not help.

I'll try a bit more of the demo as I really like playing games by these devs and have both of the other "Agency" games, but I surely hope the cursor issue improves because I want to buy this game - the sluggish jerky cursor is just SO distracting.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:Post The Agency of Anomalies The Last Performance Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by jkuci on Sep 14, 12 12:38 AM
jkuci wrote:
The screen was not filled in "full screen" (not even with side bars) - and sort of not even centered.....and unclicking full screen gave me just the smaller window version. Clicking and unclicking "aspect ratio" made no difference at all in either screen option.

The puzzles played very slowed down.
I'm using a 6 year old PC but this is the first Orneon game I've had any technical problems with.

I was REALLY looking forward to buying this game, as I have all of the others by this developer.

Additional: I checked to make sure I have the latest updates for my ATI Radeon Xpress 200 and I do. I know its an older video card but I haven't had very many problems with it, really.

Anyhoo, I still can't play the game

Edited on 09/14/2012 at 12:48:12 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post The Agency of Anomalies The Last Performance Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 14, 12 3:22 AM
Hi Fishies,

I am terribly sorry for the isues I have seen crop up here, both in terms of display and game performance.

Firstly, I wanted to highlight the advice Rumbitothecore kindly offered in case this help with how your game displays:

If you're drivers are up to date and you have tried adjusting your screen resolution already though and you are still having trouble, please do get in touch with our Tech Support Team so we can provide some more tailored advice.

If you have time, please run a Dr. Felix report so they can get to helping you right away.

Thank you for working with us, we really appreciate it.

bfgBaikal

Edited on 09/14/2012 at 3:23:42 AM PST

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

Re:Post The Agency of Anomalies The Last Performance Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Sep 14, 12 4:19 AM
I bought this game without trying it first darn. Had black bars all around and managed to get it so there were just black bars top and bottom. Doing this elongated the game which others have reported on.

Have tried adjusting screen resolution and it has made no difference, drivers are up to date.

Right click on the desktop and select on Graphics Properties

If I right click on my desktop I do not see this option. (Edit to add - thanks for the suggestion Rumbitothecore, I am sure it is of help to others)

It ruins the whole game experience for me so I would like it fixed or a refund. Sending a Dr Felix to CS.

Edited on 09/14/2012 at 6:42:36 AM PST

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

Re:Post The Agency of Anomalies The Last Performance Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Sep 14, 12 5:03 AM
Rumbitothecore wrote:I'm using Windows 7 The screen was elongated causing the hint and menu buttons to be missing. This happened with The Theatre of Shadows too. Anyway I have found a solution that seems to have worked for me.

and lo and behold, I seem to have tricked the game into staying within the boundaries of the monitor and nothing else on my computer has been affected

Sorry my solution hasn't worked for others. Perhaps there is only the "Graphics Properties" option for folk with Intel ( R ) 4 series express chipset family graphic card.

Edited on 09/14/2012 at 5:03:53 AM PST

Madmonc
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Madmonc on Sep 14, 12 8:29 AM
Sorry, but I'm lazy. My solution to the screen problem is simple. I just won't buy the game.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Sep 14, 12 2:59 PM
I bought the game without a second thought as it seemed a really good one. And it is but it has so many problems! I remember having problems with all "Agency of Anomalies" games.
I'm facing the same problem, like other players do, with screen resolution, the game runs too slow, especially during some puzzles and every time I try to open the strategy guide it freezes and then shuts me out! I'm able to play it of course but with all those problems it's very frustrating and nerve racking!
I guess the game needs to be updated and I hope it will be soon!

Edited on 08/20/2013 at 9:58:45 AM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 14, 12 3:15 PM
Hi Fishies,

If you're experiencing screen resolution problems and you've tried adjusting your resolution with the assistance of our help article, I would recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team. They can look into the issue further for you. If you haven't tried adjusting your resolution yet, you can view more information about doing that here on our help article:

Screen Resolution

If you're experiencing crashing problems with the game, you can also view our help article here that has some recommendations on how to repair that as well:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Also, please reserve this thread for technical issues only so that we're able to track these problems more effectively to find solutions quickly.

Thanks, and I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by olypen on Sep 14, 12 3:19 PM
I was also looking forward to playing this game and had the display issues described here. (Off centered, wide black strip on right of screen, narrower on left). When I was new to Big Fish games I would try all the different "fixes". Now, I feel that if the game doesn't display correctly from the start and the techies are advising lots of different work arounds and contacting Dr. Felix, etc., I just uninstall the game and move on. If I am going to purchase a collector's edition, I want it to be hassle free from the start. Hopefully, further down the road the developer will resolve the display issues and offer an corrected version.

[Post New]by Jezz1226 on Sep 14, 12 4:08 PM
Also having the screen resolution issues, can someone who has gotten it to work let me know what screen resolution it worked for them in? I'd like to know if changing the setting would work and if so what to try it at (I tried a couple, but just blind guessing)
Thanks!

[Post New]by sometimesyou on Sep 15, 12 4:44 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm having a different problem with this game. It's very slow to start, freezes a little, but the big problem is it won't save my game. Every time I close it out and then try to play later it says my profile is corrupted. I've contacted support and they suggested uninstalling the game, deleting the game file, reinstalling, but nothing has worked. I'm up to date on everything. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 15, 12 5:02 AM
Hi Fishies,

I can see that the display issues are persisting for some of you and we are very sorry about that.

If you have tried to make the adjustments we already suggested, then contacting Tech Support will not only help us to provide specific advice, but also, this will help us to continue tracking the issue.

sometimesyou - for the performance issues you mentioned, the best advice I have is to try and run some updates which should help the game to run more effectively. The help article here has some great advice on how to do that!

If you are having trouble saving, I would suggest having a look at the following help article for some tips on how to remedy this:

Game Not Saving

If the problems persist however, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at these issues for you!

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 09/15/2012 at 5:03:34 AM PST

slotfish
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by slotfish on Sep 15, 12 9:06 AM
I dont see everything on the bottom am really mad.the cursor is all goofy what is going on?

Edited on 09/15/2012 at 9:06:58 AM PST

Go to: