Re:Reviews for The Chronicles of Emerland Solitaire

[Post New]by Nightmare_mh on Sep 14, 12 4:09 PM
I love this game. I love solitare games and have several so wasn't expecting anything much different. This is so fun. It is bright and colorful and has a different twist to it. If you like solitare games you should at least give it a try. Even if you think you don't like solitare games you should give it a try. I used up the hour trial in what felt like 10 minutes and had to go buy it. Great work on this one Victor and welcome to the pond. I played on relaxed mode cause I was in the mood not to be rushed and wanted to be able to look at the backgrounds while I was playing. Off to play some more.

Edited on 09/14/2012 at 4:10:04 PM PST

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Sep 14, 12 4:18 PM
Sold! Beautiful game... worth buying for the graphics alone. (Does this dev make iHogs or HOPAs?? (Wish wish wish...) My only minor quibbles are the undo button is right in the middle so when I'm moving my mouse back and forth from the playing field to the deck it sometimes would click on it by mistake (yes my computer is touchy that way but I can't be the only one) and the pixels were really picky when searching for cards in the hidden object scene. So say a card was partially hidden behind some leaves you couldn't just click where you knew the card was (or even on the parts between leaves really you had to click on the open part. It was ok once I figured that out but it would have been nice if the whole card had been clickable. Still, as I said, minor quibbles and it's still a lovely game... well worth buying! 4 stars and really really close to 5.

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Sep 14, 12 8:35 PM
I've been a big fan of fairy Solitaire, and this is even better! I **LOVE** being able to reply a level - thanks developers! Nice graphics, and *dragons*!

Happy

[Post New]by Victor_nick on Sep 15, 12 12:08 AM

Edited on 09/15/2012 at 7:51:21 AM PST

[Post New]by Victor_nick on Sep 15, 12 12:12 AM
gamergirl675 wrote:Sold! Beautiful game... worth buying for the graphics alone. (Does this dev make iHogs or HOPAs?? (Wish wish wish...)

Yes, we have Odysseus: long way home (HOPA) you can try it.
And you can see our other games by clicking on the "More games" button in the "Chronicles of Emerland".

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Sep 15, 12 12:19 AM
I've not been a big fan of solitaire games----until now. This is a beautiful and awesome game that greatly expands on the simplicity of solitaire with a nice story, many goals, HOS, etc., and I think it's great. This is one I will leave on the desktop for playing just a few minutes, or as long as I want.

Not on the order of my usual reviews, but I especially wanted to pop in and let Andreww and Victor know what a splendid job has been done on the game!! (If only the widescreen option would work.)

New fan of solitaire games here! (Now I've to check some of the others----how much will this cost me? )

Good job guys!!

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Sep 15, 12 4:07 AM
I this Game. I play solitaire every morning just to gather my thoughts and start out relaxing with a solitaire game. Usually every day it is Kingdom Quest because I have all of them and love the new game each day competing with other players.
I am waiting for a new Kingdom Quest series and will purchase it when the Devo release it. In the mean time I needed another Solitaire a bit more exciting this game is it!

I bought this game before 15 minutes into the demo. It is not a quiet boring solitaire game. I love the voices in the game, and interesting find the hidden objects no more boring lists!

I love the animation of it like when we restore a bridge and under the cards the materials are found.

The graphics are beautifully done and characters are fun to listen too. I enjoy buying the amulets at the stores and the unique way to get upgrades.
I am looking forward to more Solitaire games of this type. Thanks BFG for offering this it is my new favorite I will be playing daily I have beaten all the Kingdom Solitaire quests so I needed a new solitaire game while I wait for another Kingdom Solitaire Quest.

I have bought all card games released from BFG. I love the ability to replay a level for a perfect score. I play this in the no stress zone casual play and am really enjoying it.
If you love to play a solitaire game that is not boring has a story line with voices for the characters try demo and see why we are giving it 5 stars.
Please game developer I look forward to your next solitaire game as a sequel.

gpj53
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by gpj53 on Sep 16, 12 1:39 AM
Apart from a few problems working out quite how the game works, I am enjoying this thoroughly - first card game I've bought too. It's a great game with lovely graphics, cute little side games and I really like being able to replay a game when I don't get it out and that moron Seth appears (as I don't have the sound on he looks a bit bizarre with his mouth going up and down when I lose). This one looks like a good replayable game too which is excellent value.

catlynn54
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by catlynn54 on Sep 16, 12 2:57 PM
There is absolutely nothing I do not love about this game! The graphics and colors are gorgeous, and the story is interesting. The cards are beautiful by themselves. Played over 30 minutes on the demo before I even noticed the time. A definite buy!!
Wonderful, lovely game.

awvines
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by awvines on Sep 17, 12 11:51 AM
I agree with the beauty and other lovely qualities of Emerland mentioned by other reviewers, but I'm just wondering...how far have you played? After entering the kingdom of the Mermaids, even with all 4 helpers and all of the amulet upgrades I found so many of the levels to be unplayable that I've given up in frustration. There are simply not enough cards in the deck to make the tableau configurations workable, even with the help of the amulets and avatars - i.e. running through all of the cards in the deck before finding more than 4 or 5 playable cards! Gameplay cannot progress if you leave more than 4 cards on the table, often I would replay a level more than 5 times to try and win it, to no avail. I like a challenge as much as the next person and find the 'golf' type solitaire to be my absolute favorite. I consider myself a skilled player - but no one can win when the random number generator can't generate a winnable game. This game needs internal reworking so it can be played to the end.

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

Unplayble -- no way to Pause

[Post New]by moonryu on Sep 17, 12 1:51 PM
Note -- I have tried this game twice now (deleting and reloading the game), and each time I get access violations (already reported in other threads) but that doesn't even come close to have unable the game is with no way to pause the game -- for even a health break (also mentioned) in other threads. I have been multiple times at level 8 or 9 and had to take a break and when I get back access violations or the game has just plain frozen and I have to task manager it closed. Which then requires me to restart the entire section. At about 1.5 hours a section -- that is a huge waste of time!!!!

Until the following is done -- I will not recommend this game, even though the graphics are beautiful and the game is interesting.
Add the ability to pause and/save a game, even if you are in the middle of a level. Health breaks, phone calls, life intrudes...

Unplayble -- no way to Pause

[Post New]by Victor_nick on Sep 18, 12 12:57 AM
yolanded wrote:
hi
it is true, all games have pause button and also key to restart the level without having to end the game round, because from the very first cards you see if you can finish the hand or not. I bought I had not realized this.maybe make an upload with changes

After starting of each level you can click to Menu button and go to the map, from the map when you click Start the cards in your level will be rearranged. This is not the "restart" button, but it can be used as it. But keep in mind, this will be applicable only if it is the not replaying of the level.
Regarding the "Pause", I don't understand why you need this option? We have no timer in the game. If you stop playing in the middle of the level and return to the game when you wish, you don't miss anything.

[Post New]by Victor_nick on Sep 18, 12 1:16 AM
awvines wrote:I...Gameplay cannot progress if you leave more than 4 cards on the table, often I would replay a level more than 5 times to try and win it, to no avail. I like a challenge as much as the next person and find the 'golf' type solitaire to be my absolute favorite. I consider myself a skilled player - but no one can win when the random number generator can't generate a winnable game. This game needs internal reworking so it can be played to the end.

To progress thrue the game you only need to find parts bihind the cards (coal, flowers, oars...).
Also to facilitate game in the last stages you need to buy amulets, for example add 2 cards to the deck and improve your companions. But even if you not succeed to doing this, just go forward and return to this hard stage later when you have more skill, bonuses and amulets (if you still want it)

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Sep 18, 12 7:30 AM
frustating,very frustating!i failed three time to the last level!it is impossible to finish!i tried all the amulets,helps and so,but impossible to finish!too hard,the last level,and you loose the few parts of amulette you have hardly won!no,no,no!bad,bad,bad!uninstall and 'll never play it again(fairway solitaire is still on my computer,,even after 5 years!

_Andreww_
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by _Andreww_ on Sep 18, 12 9:43 AM
The last level (or any other) - is passable!
I guarantee it!!!!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 18, 12 11:48 AM
I've made it !! I have done it !! I have finished the game !!

Thank you Andrew and Victor and Swetlana? and everybody from the developing team. What a game. WHAT... A... GAME !!

SPOILER ALERT

Yes, it does get pretty hairy towards the end, but it is doable. When I got to the last stage, I counted how many crystal parts I had collected on each level. There were 60 in all, and I had 10 tables to play. So I made sure that I was going to get at least 6 crystal parts from each table. I had to replay a couple of the tables, and I had to buy extra wild cards - something I hadn't done throughout the game until then - but I got through.

And now, that I have finished the game, I will start again, and this time try and see if I can make it through with only 4 or less cards left on the table.

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Sep 18, 12 5:10 PM
I love this game! It is my favorite type of solitaire - has gorgeous graphics - allows replays - no timer!!! - how many more things can I rave about! I bought this one for my brother's birthday and can't wait for him to play it.

Most beautiful I've ever played, and as to the hardness of the last levels, well, bring it on - anyone tried the bonus levels on Fairy Solitaire? Almost imposible! This one rocks!

Thanks, Devs and BigFish!

Celticcoco

Cartiza
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Cartiza on Sep 21, 12 8:30 PM
I agree with everybody else this game does have beautiful graphics..but that's about it. I do not enjoy a game that I just flip card after card over and get lucky enough to maybe remove some of the billions of cards on the board.

You are not given enough cards...if you can turn cards over there is no way to get runs...I keep flipping through half the deck at the very beginning of a level and of course I am not going to finish it at that point so I get no coins to buy anything.

Once you do buy things I have found that they are really not all that helpful and the friends you find along the way are only helpful at the very end of your hand if even that.

It's very sad..I enjoy the story line and the graphics but the game play is lacking in my opinion..it's not enjoyable to play the same level 1,3,5 out of the 10 for over an hour just to get a decent score. If they are going to limit the amount of cards they give you..then they should give you a better chance of turning them over.

I am happy that others are enjoying it..but I just can't get into a game where I am stuck on 1 section for hours..not fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by happygrams18 on Sep 23, 12 4:58 AM
I was apprehensive about getting this card game. I am more into the hidden object games with puzzles in it.
I have to tell you that this was well done and it is addictive.
It is fun.
It is good for the brain.
it is challenging at times.
It is a good clean game...don't have to worry about blood and gore and things that go "bump" in the night.
It is a game that I would introduce to my grandchildren.

Nice graphics and just enough hidden objects and some worphing to mix things up a little.

I did not even test the game first but had faith in the comments from others. I agree with them...terrific game.

Don't mind playing this one over and over....it is that good and interesting.

Thanks to the game maker for a fantastic game and thanks to you Big Fish for getting it for us.
P. S. BE SURE TO READ THE INSTRUCTIONS A COUPLE OF TIMES, OTHERWISE IT IS EASY. TOOK ME AWHILE TO FIGURE OUT SOME OF THE AMULETS AND BONUS CARDS...FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Sep 27, 12 7:09 PM
I have just finished the game and I wanted to say Thank You to the developers. In my opinion, this is the absolute best solitaire game and it surpasses all others. I used to think Faerie Solitaire and Avalon Legends Solitaire were good, but this one beats them all.

The graphics are absolutely gorgeous and the music is lovely. I like the fact that you can have 4 companions with different power-ups to help you. This is something not seen before in any other solitaire game. I also like that we can replay a level if we want to get a perfect hand. The hidden object games between the stages are fun and break up the monotony. The trophies to collect are lovely to look at. Some of the later stages can be quite challenging but not impossible to beat since you are given the option to replay any level you choose. I will definitely replay this game again because it is that good.

I sincerely hope there will be a sequel to this fantastic game.
This is a game and highly recommended !!!

Go to: