Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,262 Posts

Re:Here you can ask question to developers.

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 15, 12 1:24 AM
Meadowsv wrote:Hello and thank you so much for this wonderful game! My question is what does it mean to select the one card of the suit that charges your companion. I don't understand what charges your companion means.

Thanks again for such a beautiful and enjoyable game.

Valerie

Hi Valerie

I may be able to answer that question. The first companion you get is that handsome-looking guy with his sword. You will see a little heart in the bottom corner of his image, which means that each time you get rid of a Heart card, his image will fill up a little more.
It's like when you play a Match 3 game and you need to match a certain type of tile to fill up one of the power-ups.

So whenever you get rid of a card with a heart on it, that's when the box in which the guy is in fills up a little more.

Hope this helps.

[Post New]by Meadowsv on Sep 15, 12 1:36 AM
Valdy wrote:
Meadowsv wrote:Hello and thank you so much for this wonderful game! My question is what does it mean to select the one card of the suit that charges your companion. I don't understand what charges your companion means.

Thanks again for such a beautiful and enjoyable game.

Valerie

Hi Valerie

I may be able to answer that question. The first companion you get is that handsome-looking guy with his sword. You will see a little heart in the bottom corner of his image, which means that each time you get rid of a Heart card, his image will fill up a little more.
It's like when you play a Match 3 game and you need to match a certain type of tile to fill up one of the power-ups.

So whenever you get rid of a card with a heart on it, that's when the box in which the guy is in fills up a little more.

Hope this helps.

Yes, I see now... thanks so much Valdy! This game is such a joy to play.

Valerie

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
463 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Sep 15, 12 4:17 AM
Congratulations Andrew on a great Solitaire game that is not boring! I am having so much fun. My only question is, will you be having a sequel to this game like Kingdom Quest Solitaire does? I hope so because I will buy it. Please keep the same voice for the narrator very soothing voice as well as the other characters are fun to listen too.

This is what I wrote on BFG reviews that is not posted yet but will be, Oh and I give it 5 stars also.

I this Game. I play solitaire every morning just to gather my thoughts and start out relaxing with a solitaire game. Usually every day it is Kingdom Quest because I have all of them and love the new game each day competing with other players.
I am waiting for a new Kingdom Quest series and will purchase it when the Devo release it. In the mean time I needed another Solitaire a bit more exciting this game is it!

I bought this game before 15 minutes into the demo. It is not a quiet boring solitaire game. I love the voices in the game, and interesting find the hidden objects no more boring lists!

I love the animation of it like when we restore a bridge and under the cards the materials are found.

The graphics are beautifully done and characters are fun to listen too. I enjoy buying the amulets at the stores and the unique way to get upgrades.
I am looking forward to more Solitaire games of this type. Thanks BFG for offering this it is my new favorite I will be playing daily I have beaten all the Kingdom Solitaire quests so I needed a new solitaire game while I wait for another Kingdom Solitaire Quest.

I have bought all card games released from BFG. I love the ability to replay a level for a perfect score. I play this in the no stress zone casual play and am really enjoying it.
If you love to play a solitaire game that is not boring has a story line with voices for the characters try demo and see why we are giving it 5 stars.
Please game developer I look forward to your next solitaire game as a sequel.

Edited on 09/15/2012 at 11:32:40 AM PST

bfgBaikal
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 15, 12 4:37 AM
Hi kushlady,

Have you tried following the advice in the following help article to see if there are any updates that you can run?

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

I would recommend trying that as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement in how your game performs.

If the issues persist after checking out that article, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

ritchieprod
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by ritchieprod on Sep 15, 12 5:24 AM
Beautiful game and I like the mini games sprinkled throughout to break things up. The cards are a lovely style, my only problem is that the J on the Jack looks so much like a 7. Overall, a very nice game.

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
463 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Sep 15, 12 11:39 AM
Is anyone else addicted to this game? I have played for 8 hours today non stop and just kept saying only 1 more game.

I have a question for game developers or players. I am on level 4 where you have to collect garbage bags for the thorns. Is it possible to win this level collecting all the garbage bags with no lost games of 4 or above when I do not have the amulets?

I bought the amulets to see how many cards are left in the deck, and Undo amulet the rest of the money went for wild cards. Since the game gets progressively harder the way the decks are stacked I am really stuck on this level. Do I have to start over with another profile? Thanks in advance for the answer to whomever answers the question.

_Andreww_
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by _Andreww_ on Sep 15, 12 12:04 PM
Sherryah wrote:Is anyone else addicted to this game? I have played for 8 hours today non stop and just kept saying only 1 more game.

I have a question for game developers or players. I am on level 4 where you have to collect garbage bags for the thorns. Is it possible to win this level collecting all the garbage bags with no lost games of 4 or above when I do not have the amulets?

I bought the amulets to see how many cards are left in the deck, and Undo amulet the rest of the money went for wild cards. Since the game gets progressively harder the way the decks are stacked I am really stuck on this level. Do I have to start over with another profile? Thanks in advance for the answer to whomever answers the question.

Hello Sherryah.

if you play on "easy" you can replay level and find the item under the card. Ie you can replay the level as long as you find all the bags which can be found at this level.

mpdsb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by mpdsb on Sep 15, 12 1:08 PM
I love the game but am having a small issue with the save and replay.

I've had the game freeze on me and had to force exit. When I came back into the game the level I was playing was X'ed out and I could not replay it. Any suggestions? Also I have 2 levels with 1 card that I cannot replay. I had to stop playing before I got the perfect.

Any suggestions on how to get back to those levels?

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
235 Posts

[Post New]by essgee52 on Sep 15, 12 4:24 PM
I also love the game, but can't seem to figure out how the amulets work. Are they working automatically once they're purchased? I, too, would like to know if there is any way to go back and replay a level that I didn't pass. Thanks for a great game.

gpj53
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by gpj53 on Sep 16, 12 1:30 AM
I can't work out how the "companion" works, I click on him and something slides across the screen but I have no idea what has changed therefore have no interest in using him. Bought an amulet after finally collecting enough money but have no idea how it works - is it supposed to be on the screen for me to click on when I need it? Sorry for being so thick.

_DD_
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,880 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Sep 16, 12 1:52 AM
gpj53 wrote:I can't work out how the "companion" works, I click on him and something slides across the screen but I have no idea what has changed therefore have no interest in using him.

That's the Human Helper, right? he changes the topmost card of the deck to a different one (with his sword <g> ).

gpj53 wrote:Bought an amulet after finally collecting enough money but have no idea how it works - is it supposed to be on the screen for me to click on when I need it? Sorry for being so thick.

That depends on the amulet. I bought the increase-energy first and couldn't see any change or activation. Later I bought the "add 2 cards to the deck" and have the impression that it does its job.

And don't worry about your questions. It also took me a while to see what the Human does and where; and that's true (finding out myself, book not very helpful) in general.

Happy gaming!

sonofstar
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Sep 17, 12 7:45 AM
I LOOOOOVE this game. I've played it all the way through and am playing back through levels to improve my score, after which I'll start a new profile and begin again.

Question - is it possible to purchase the music from this game...it's beautiful? Half the time I play the game for the challenges; the other half just to hear the different songs.

Would also love to see the concept art for the cards.

Thanks for a great game.

[Post New]by redls57 on Sep 17, 12 8:20 AM
I loved this game when I downloaded the demo so much I bought it ...First time I tried to play it after that it crashed my week old PCand I've had to delete it!

bfgCimarron
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Sep 17, 12 10:21 AM
Hi redls57,

I'm sorry that this game crashed your PC. In this case I would definitely suggest getting in contact with our Customer Support Team. One of our reps will be happy to take a closer look with you to see what is going on.

How to get in contact with Customer Support

In addition to that, there are some troubleshooting steps available in this help article here that may be able to help: Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

Edited on 09/17/2012 at 10:21:49 AM PST

awvines
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by awvines on Sep 17, 12 11:58 AM
So glad the developers are monitoring this thread, I think it is a fantastic game but I do think it needs reworking. Starting around the 20th level (kingdom of Mermaids, just before the volcano) I found the card generator could not deal a playable hand, even with re-trying the same hand repeatedly I ran out of cards before finishing with 4 or less. This was using all 4 "helpers" and amulet upgrades, and having made it to level 7 experience.

I love the general game play, and honestly don't mind difficult play, but I'm not going to stay with a game that requires me to replay levels repeatedly without winning because the cards are unplayable. I think either the table configurations need to be reworked, or the number of cards on the table need to be reduced. I've given up in frustration and won't be trying to finish.

JammyKat
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by JammyKat on Sep 17, 12 5:54 PM
Thanks so much to the devs for this beautiful game. I also love the music, and find it very soothing to listen to.

I have one suggestion about the game play that I think would improve it. Sometimes I have played a level more than once (usually because I have 5 or more cards left) and have to stop playing the game mid-level. When I start the game again, the level I was playing is Xed out because that was the way it was when I completed the level before I clicked Replay. This has happened to me several times. It would be really helpful if you could redo the levels if you leave the game.

Again, thanks so much for the wonderful and fun game.

Jaguar2357
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Jaguar2357 on Sep 18, 12 1:08 AM
I'm having trouble understanding how the 'undo' button works.
------------------------------------------
Sometimes when I miss a play, the missed card in the layout wiggles and the undo button sparkles, and I can undo my draw of a new random card and play correctly.

Sometimes when I miss a play, the missed card in the layout wiggles but the undo button does NOT sparkle, and I'm stuck with the mistake.
-----------------------------
Sometimes when I'm simply playing and want to change my choice (example go with the second of two 6's), the undo button sparkles, and I can undo my last play.

Sometimes when I'm simply playing and want to change my choice (example go with the second of two 6's), the undo button does NOT sparkle, and I'm stuck with my first choice.
---------------------------
Sometimes when I have achieved a Combo, the undo button sparkles and I have greater choices to continue.

Sometimes when I have achieved a Combo, the undo button does NOT sparkle, and I have the same choices as during the early play.
--------------------------
What are the rules that turn the 'undo' button on and off?

Edited on 09/18/2012 at 1:08:38 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,262 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 18, 12 1:15 AM
Jaguar2357 wrote:I'm having trouble understanding how the 'undo' button works.

Hi Jaguar

The "undo" button is there for the following: If you got rid of a card and decided you didn't want to get rid of it, but wanted to use a different card instead, you can "undo" that move by clicking on the "undo" button. Then the card you got rid of will be back on the table.

Sometimes when I miss a play, the missed card in the layout wiggles and the undo button sparkles, and I can undo my draw of a new random card and play correctly.

Sometimes when I miss a play, the missed card in the layout wiggles but the undo button does NOT sparkle, and I'm stuck with the mistake.

Is it possible you already used the "undo" button once before with that hand? You only get one chance to use the "undo" button, unless you buy yourself an amulette that allows you 2 or even 3 "undo's".

Sometimes when I'm simply playing and want to change my choice (example go with the second of two 6's), the undo button sparkles, and I can undo my last play.

Sometimes when I'm simply playing and want to change my choice (example go with the second of two 6's), the undo button does NOT sparkle, and I'm stuck with my first choice.

Same answer as above.

Sometimes when I have achieved a Combo, the undo button sparkles and I have greater choices to continue.

Sometimes when I have achieved a Combo, the undo button does NOT sparkle, and I have the same choices as during the early play.

Same answer as above.

What are the rules that turn the 'undo' button on and off?

Answer above.

Happy gaming.

Edited on 09/18/2012 at 1:16:36 AM PST

Jaguar2357
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Jaguar2357 on Sep 18, 12 1:20 AM
That's very stingy, but explains the contradictions. Thanks.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,262 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 18, 12 1:24 AM
Jaguar2357 wrote:That's very stingy, but explains the contradictions. Thanks.

With all solitaire games you start out with one "Undo", but can buy more in the shop. With this game, you can buy 2 different amulets that will give you 3 "undo's" in all, which is the usual amount you can buy in shops.

Go to: