Re:Post any Margrave: The Blacksmith's Daughter Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by littlelambxx on Sep 17, 12 4:56 AM
Hi,

I have just purchased the collectors edtion and can't get a full screen. I had no problems with the demo version? The screen just fills the left of the screen or if I press maintain aspect ratio in the options menu it move to the centre of the screen but doesn't fill the whole screen. Any advice would be much appreciated Thank you.

Re:Post any Margrave: The Blacksmith's Daughter Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by 14497sugar on Sep 17, 12 5:43 AM
I have deleted and re-installed it and that seems to work ok...I don't know if it had errors while downloading or what.
thanks for your help

Sug

cherleadford
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by cherleadford on Sep 17, 12 8:14 AM
I cannot get Cargen to take the second piece of chocolate., the first piece dropped in just fine. But the second piece will not drop into his mouth. I am told repeatedly to get the ingredients to make it but it is already made. I do not even have the recipe for it any more. I have exited the game twice and went back in but that does no good. Please help

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Sep 17, 12 8:45 AM
naomi4195 wrote:I am having the same problem as Bella and don't have Rudo's face and it won't let me leave and get it or anything else. I am stuck there with it saying "don't forget to place my face!" Please help!!

well i just got done with live chat,,, they said there is no issue with the game,,,and no patch is planned, i didnt feel like debating,,,so i just got a refund......

seems to me,,, its a problem with maybe the order in which things are done tho (had one game a while back,,if you went to a certain screen b4 performing a action, a tree crashed and you were stuvk)

vadasgirl5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,006 Posts

[Post New]by vadasgirl5 on Sep 17, 12 9:57 AM
I can't even get the game to launch much less play any.. I have deleted and down loaded twice now and still nothing. Just a white window which alternately turns black and then white etc. when I try to close out of the window it freezes and I have to cntrl/alt/delete to get out.

I have tried the suggestions offered by and all checks out fine. So now I guess a Dr. Felix report to see what they say... would like to at least try this game.

edited for spelling: my key board doesn't spell so good sometimes

Edited on 09/17/2012 at 9:59:06 AM PST

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Sep 17, 12 10:50 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to swim in and let you know if you're running into trouble with not being able to progress in the game or trouble with the bonus content, this is an issue our team has started looking into. Please don't hesitate to get in contact with our Customer Support Team and one of our reps will be happy to help you with your game in anyway they can. This will also help us better track the issue so we can work towards a resolution more quickly.

And if you're able, providing a Dr. Felix Report will provide our team with more information about what could be causing the issue.

For those running into display issues with the game, if the steps in our help article here aren't doing the trick: Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen - I would also suggest getting in contact with our Support Team.

littlelambxx: If your game isn't filling your screen, I might check out the steps in this help article here to see if that helps clear things up: Screen Resolution

Thank you!

bfgCimarron

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 17, 12 10:51 AM
its a problem with maybe the order in which things are done tho (had one game a while back,,if you went to a certain screen b4 performing a action, a tree crashed and you were stuvk)
That's 13th skull. For some people, if you inflate the dingy before you try to chop down the tree you get into an infinite loop and the tree won't fall.

psd01
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by psd01 on Sep 18, 12 4:58 AM
Having the same problem as pjs22763, but I am on a mac.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 18, 12 6:11 AM
Hi psd01,

If you're game is not allowing you to access a certain element, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

You could also try updating some of the components that help run your game in case the computer is having some trouble loading the next scenes fully. The advice in the following help article will help you to do that:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If neither of these tips help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

abamma
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by abamma on Sep 18, 12 12:01 PM
I am also having the same problems as Bella.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Sep 18, 12 8:36 PM
bella81762 wrote:
naomi4195 wrote:I am having the same problem as Bella and don't have Rudo's face and it won't let me leave and get it or anything else. I am stuck there with it saying "don't forget to place my face!" Please help!!

well i just got done with live chat,,, they said there is no issue with the game,,,and no patch is planned, i didnt feel like debating,,,so i just got a refund......

seems to me,,, its a problem with maybe the order in which things are done tho (had one game a while back,,if you went to a certain screen b4 performing a action, a tree crashed and you were stuvk)

When Rudo "dies" - he leaves your hint button - his face should appear in your inventory. If he didn't disappear from your hint button, I'm wondering if you possibly missed a step somewhere.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Sep 18, 12 8:38 PM
cherleadford wrote:I cannot get Cargen to take the second piece of chocolate., the first piece dropped in just fine. But the second piece will not drop into his mouth. I am told repeatedly to get the ingredients to make it but it is already made. I do not even have the recipe for it any more. I have exited the game twice and went back in but that does no good. Please help

You might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling. You shouldn't lose your game progress and it might "reboot" that portion of the game for you.

[Post New]by smooch01 on Sep 19, 12 4:47 AM
can not enter the small dome. talked to keelan as the hint directs but still can't enter or progress any further. Tried restarting the game tried uninstalling and re installing the game and still no luck. No error message occurs. Any suggestions?

susangames
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by susangames on Sep 19, 12 4:57 AM
I have the same problem with others in that I cannot get the manuscript from
the desk. I deleted and reinstalled and the problem still persists. Guess this
is one game I will not be able to complete. Bummer. Think I will start waiting
to purchase these games til all the kinks are worked out. Will come back later (day,week) and see if there is a Resolved for this problem. Computer is brand new (only had it a month)

Edited on 09/19/2012 at 4:58:59 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 19, 12 6:52 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry that so many of you have had issues progressing in this game.

If you have tried the advice already offered and you are still having trouble with the game, please get in touch with our friendly Tech Support. You can reach them by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then clicking the Contact Us link on the help pages.

They will be happy to provide more personalized help that we are unable provide via the Forums.

When submitting a support ticket, if you have time, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team so they can get to helping you right away.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

bfgBaikal

KP541
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by KP541 on Sep 19, 12 8:41 AM
bfgMonongahela wrote:Hi 14497sugar,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this game freezing on you!

Please check out the suggestions about updating your video card and graphics drivers in the help article below. We find this gets things resolved for a lot of customers with this kind of issue.

<a href=http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158>Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>

If that doesn't help, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They have the tools to see how the game is working with your particular system and can work with you on some more specific troubleshooting from there.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/192>Live Chat Support</a> Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

KP541
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by KP541 on Sep 19, 12 8:42 AM
I am having the same problem. No face.. he keeps asking don't forget my face but there isn't one on the hint button. And I can't leave the room.

[Post New]by yellowlynn on Sep 20, 12 5:53 AM
bella81762 wrote:placed the soul,,,, dont have the face,,,and the game wont let me leave the room...says dont forget to place my face....wont let me navigate out....man i hate glitchy games,

i will not restart, and ask for a refund if this cant be fixed with a patch

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 20, 12 6:01 AM
Hi Fishies,

I haven't played this game yet so I am not too sure why you may be having this trouble.

I would suggest having a look at the built in game Strategy Guide to make sure that no other tasks need to be completed first, as sometimes, tasks need to be tackled in a certain order.

You could also try uninstalling and reinstalling the game a try to see if that helps.

If the problems persist thoughand you feel like this may be a tech issue, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be gald to provide some more specific help on this.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by ykminers on Sep 20, 12 10:43 AM
Where o where has my face gone???? Such a good game and I would start it again but thinking I will wait until more people reply here and maybe you people will find a way out????? I hope so.... Fun Game... tyvm BFG... I am downloading the new Red Riding Hood game now... SS for the people that don't have enough room to do both... good luck e1!!!

Go to: