Annateia
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Post any Adelantado Trilogy: Book One technical issues issues here only

[Post New]by Annateia on Sep 28, 12 11:42 AM
Dear bfgBaikal,

I am afraid one cannot run diagnostic on a dead computer. As much as it launches, graphics card apparently is done and hence there is no sensible display. You are right that the game should not have caused such damage, but the fact that all issues and final bye-bye were only during Adelantado gameplay is suspicious to say the least. I am playing various games and using different software, before and after Adelantado, and all the problems were purely during this particular game.

Thank god I have a backup small laptop, though I must say I am too afraid to install that game on this one. I do have to work on something, dont I.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Sep 28, 12 11:59 AM
Hi Annateia,

Even if you can't run a diagnostic, if you would still like to work with one of our Customer Support reps, please don't hesitate to still get in contact with them. They will be happy to help with this in anyway they can:

How to get in contact with Customer Support

I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Sep 30, 12 11:28 AM

Edited on 10/01/2012 at 5:48:36 AM PST

[Post New]by lareskog on Sep 30, 12 1:32 PM
when I downloaded the game everything went well except when opening to the first game board the center section of the screen approximately 5 x 5 inches jiggles, jumps so I cannot play the game any suggestions? playing on a pc screen resolution 1366 x 768

Edited on 09/30/2012 at 1:49:33 PM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 30, 12 2:03 PM
It doesn't look like the game is designed for netbooks. Try setting your screen resolution manually to 1024 x 768 (4:3).

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 1, 12 5:46 AM
Heya lareskog,

As Mr_Russ suggested you could try to change your screen's resolution to the standard size with the steps you can find here.

If the problem persists it could also help to make sure that all the drivers on your computer are up to date by following the steps here.

Should the display still move around like before you can always get in touch with our dedicated Tech Support. If you also include a Dr. Felix report with your message they can help you even better as they will have all information right away.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by katenoelbug on Oct 8, 12 7:05 AM
I can't even get the trial to open, I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it won't open at all, any ideas? Thanks!

soozo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by soozo on Oct 8, 12 9:46 AM
I am on the volcanoes level and although I can see granite near where the flowers are it wont let me build a mine. It just says no deposits found.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 10, 12 4:53 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just swimming in to help out if I can!

katenoelbug - when a game fails to open, it normally means that your computer is not handling the game as well as it could.

I would suggest updating some of the components that help run your game , the help article here will guide you through how to do this!

If the problem persists, we would be happy to take a look at this with you and provide some further advice.

You can contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

soozo - Welcome to the Pond! If you are at the part of the game I think you are, you need to build a QUARRY at that point and not a mine.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 10/10/2012 at 4:54:09 AM PST

mythlady
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

Game flickers

[Post New]by mythlady on Nov 22, 12 1:13 PM
I've uninstalled and reinstalled this game several times, and tried to get it configured correctly, but it's unplayable because the screen flickers horribly. I'm trying to play on an ASUS Zenbook prime notebook, running Windows 7. Any ideas for me? Am I the only one with this problem?

gold hidden by smokery

[Post New]by thatchick01 on Nov 26, 12 11:15 AM
in the volcano level (though i'm guessing this could happen anywhere), i built a smokery next to a girl who was sending me into a burial chamber. when i completed the chamber, she dropped the gold, but i couldn't pick it up because it was just behind the smokery. i could see it, but the active mouse area for the smokery was too large for me to get it. had to replay the level.

[Post New]by ShadoVao on Nov 26, 12 7:30 PM
Downloaded game, when I click play the screen flashes black then returns and nothing happens. I have tried the troubleshooting guide with no luck. I have also deleted and re-downloaded. Getting frustrated.

alan51
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by alan51 on Jan 3, 13 12:22 PM
having same issue here did do a ticket to tech support also did a Dr Felix and spent over an hour on the phone with dell and they referred me back to big fish. I hope this is fixed soon

njewer
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by njewer on Jan 3, 13 4:18 PM
Just tried to demo but as someone stated above - the screen flickers horribly and the clouds flash off and on so fast I thought they might give me a seizure! I just had problems with another game 2 weeks ago and sent the Dr. Felix and updated everything they suggested so I know there is no point in going through that again. I guess I will just have to miss this game - shame, the little I did play before I couldn't handle the flickering any more seemed like I would have loved this game. I'm on a relatively new PC with windows 7.

Game flickers

[Post New]by jlsPinkBunny on Jan 27, 13 5:27 PM
mythlady wrote:I've uninstalled and reinstalled this game several times, and tried to get it configured correctly, but it's unplayable because the screen flickers horribly. I'm trying to play on an ASUS Zenbook prime notebook, running Windows 7. Any ideas for me? Am I the only one with this problem?

no, a few of us just posted another thread about this. i'm just into the game and i've got squares flashing all over the place...

Game flickers

[Post New]by WaterWitch09 on Feb 5, 13 11:47 PM
mythlady wrote:I've uninstalled and reinstalled this game several times, and tried to get it configured correctly, but it's unplayable because the screen flickers horribly. I'm trying to play on an ASUS Zenbook prime notebook, running Windows 7. Any ideas for me? Am I the only one with this problem?

I'm having the same issue. I've adjusted my screen resolution and made sure the drivers were updated. Still large flashing squares all over the screen making it impossible to play comfortably. Running Windows 8.

leilanibz
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

Game flickers

[Post New]by leilanibz on Apr 3, 13 4:42 PM
WaterWitch09 wrote:

I'm having the same issue. I've adjusted my screen resolution and made sure the drivers were updated. Still large flashing squares all over the screen making it impossible to play comfortably. Running Windows 8.

Having same issue, windows 8, played with screen res, refresh rate, nothing works. I'd love to try this game, but flickering is a no buy for me.

[Post New]by Julielloyd on May 6, 13 4:45 AM
I have the same problem as many others - Screen flickers dreadfully, making the game unplayable. I have run all the checks that 'tech' recommend. My computer is up to date with everything as it's brand new, and extremely powerful.

I've read through the forums and lots of people have the same problem with no solution.

Can't understand a game being sold when it is not 'fit for purpose' How do I receive a refund?

[Post New]by allfun_1 on May 20, 13 7:33 AM
I am also having the screen flickering problem on my newly purchased computer with windows 8. The flickering makes this great game absolutely unplayable for me so disappointed - this was one of my favorite games

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on May 27, 13 9:45 PM
Having a lot of fun with the game when on last level (not bonus ) Caveman was coming out of his hole and was just running in place over and over. Tried to click on him many many time but could not get him to stop or run away. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I had to end game and will start level over but I was pretty far into that level and it makes me mad because I was in good shape with my wood,food,stones etc. Just had to spout off at someone.

Go to: