HiLupe
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

Re:Comments for Adelantado Trilogy: Book One

[Post New]by HiLupe on Sep 17, 12 8:54 AM
I was going to give this one a miss but, after reading that it was along the lines of 'All My Gods', I'm definitely going to try it out. I absolutely LOVED 'AMG'! I'm going to the download page right now to get the demo.

I can always count on quality reviews from the regulars here!

yve501
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by yve501 on Sep 17, 12 9:16 AM
I am really enjoying this game but am I the only one to feel guilty about robbing all this gold. After all it's a fact of history the destruction caused by Spain in this region.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 17, 12 9:19 AM
Well, what long chapters. The first 2 chapters each took me about half an hour, and the third one took me a whole hour !! It is too bad that we can't save the game while in a middle of a chapter, but since I know they are long, I will just take a break between each one.

Great game.

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Sep 17, 12 9:23 AM
Love this game, but it really, really needs both a Save Progress button and the ability to demolish buildings (and recover resources from them) which have become useless, especially when space is limited!

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Sep 17, 12 10:56 AM
I had to restart a level because I built my buildings too fast before I knew I needed some other building first. Once I slowed down a bit and built slower and thought out where to put each building everything started to come together. You can't demolish buildings and thats why if you screw up building, you have to restart the level. I thought you could move buildings too but, nope, can't do it, gotta restart the level,

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 17, 12 12:45 PM
I am a little more careful before adding a building as well. Often, when you add a watchtower, you will get the building you wanted to add right there on the new piece of land. So I always first build the watchtower, and see if one of those buildings I wanted to add is already there.

BTW, those chiefs look like they had one too many. They sway forth and back, that is, until you have talked to them. Then they seem to have sobered up and stand still.

liah22
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by liah22 on Sep 17, 12 12:59 PM
mammamia21099 wrote:I hope someone has an answer for me here. I just did the trial and absolutely love the game BUT I can't finish the 2nd chapter. I have only collected 84/100 gold and can't seem to find the rest! It won't let me upgrade any of the buildings, and I can't see how to earn more gold except by breaking the jars. I have broken all of them and don't have enough gold to pay the boatman and proceed. I see some of you have finished the game, so Please, please give me some advice. I am STUCK, Big time!
Hi mammamia, I'd finish the game and did have the same problem, then, I went back looking in others places, sometimes its hidden in different locations. But for sure it will be there somewhere.Hope its help.

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Sep 17, 12 1:59 PM
I decided to go ahead and give this game a try after reading so many positive comments about it. I quess I just do not get the game because I did not feel I was even any part of the game. The whole time I was playing all I got to do is click where I was told to and then watch as these little guys came along and built the building. I did not to get to do any of it myself and became increasingly bored just clicking instead of doing. Tell what I'm missing here? I really wanted to like the game but it just left me shaking my head.

yve501
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by yve501 on Sep 17, 12 2:15 PM
I am now getting seriously p**d off with this game. Being bright I upgraded the watchtower before being told to now I can't do anything because it keeps telling me to upgrade the tower and I've already done it! Grrrr.

Edited on 09/17/2012 at 2:16:03 PM PST

AeronAoife
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by AeronAoife on Sep 17, 12 4:45 PM
I like this game but there are two things keeping me from getting it (besides being unemployed and not having the cash so I'd have to use precious game credits): (1) You can't repair or demolish abandoned buildings and (2) you can't save your progress.

I lost all progress on the second level because I had to take care of one of the dogs and if I'd paused it, I would have lost 20 minutes of the demo period. In addition, the gameplay was just a bit too slow for my taste but I did like that I could place buildings where I wanted them. Not being able to repair or demolish buildings is a big shortcoming in this game as it means when you need to replace it, you can't re-use the space and then you start running out of space right where you need it. I'd prefer to be able to repair it and continue.

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

What a surprise!

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Sep 17, 12 6:09 PM
I usually HATE games like this because of the timer. (If I want stress I can go to work...!) This one sucked me right in, and I'm loving it. I'm not terribly good at it so far, but it's so much fun watching the little guys run around, and sending them to get food and wood, that I'm slowly getting better. Take it from me -- if you usually don't like TM games give this one a try.

mamachi
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by mamachi on Sep 17, 12 11:32 PM
This is a good game and I like the opportunity to play in relaxed mode.
but I will not buy book two.Here is the reason. There is no save button. You cant demolish a building. You cant move a building. And those cavemen are driving me crazy. I dont want sitting here clicking and clicking it spoils the lovely game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 18, 12 12:41 AM
cathyok wrote:I decided to go ahead and give this game a try after reading so many positive comments about it. I quess I just do not get the game because I did not feel I was even any part of the game. The whole time I was playing all I got to do is click where I was told to and then watch as these little guys came along and built the building. I did not to get to do any of it myself and became increasingly bored just clicking instead of doing. Tell what I'm missing here? I really wanted to like the game but it just left me shaking my head.

Hi Cathy

The whole of the first chapter is the tutorial, in which you can only do what Don Adelantado tells you to do. After that you get more freedom. He will still suggest where what to add, and later on what to upgrade, but it is really up to you then.

However, there is a little too much handholding in this game, I find.

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Sep 18, 12 4:24 AM
doing the finally got a great TM game happy dance!!

What a great game!! Each chapter is so full of a million things to find and do, you never get bored. I can't wait for Book 2!!

Edited on 09/18/2012 at 4:24:48 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 18, 12 4:32 AM
I am now on to the second part, and just finished chapter 1 (which is really level 6).
I wouldn't have thought that it almost starts like the tutorial again, and I can't add buildings even though I have the required material, unless Don Adelantado tells me to add them.

I find it a highly restricted gameplay - quite often I can't add a building - yet - and have to do or add other things first. Never mind all those speech bubbles reminding me constantly of things I don't need to be reminded of. I am not a goldfish with a 3-second memory span.

And on top of all that, I also have to deal with those cavemen. And sometimes one hole where they can crawl out of is not enough, but they are all over the place so that I can't concentrate on doing my things but have to hunt after them first. Very annoying.
Why is there not a way to just fill those holes with the granite stones I get from the mines?

pinkelastik
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by pinkelastik on Sep 18, 12 6:25 AM
yve501 wrote:I am really enjoying this game but am I the only one to feel guilty about robbing all this gold. After all it's a fact of history the destruction caused by Spain in this region.

I played some of the demo and no, you're not the only one. I was uncomfortable with the whole premise of this game, making the Spanish conquistador the hero given the history behind it. I also found the portrayal of the native chief rather problematic. This one's definitely not for me.

Edited on 09/18/2012 at 6:25:43 AM PST

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Sep 18, 12 7:00 AM
Thanks Valdy!!! I will gho back and give the game another try and play it past the first chapter. Everyone liked it so much I do not know what's wrong with me. Maybe it is because the games I am drawn to lately are games like Voyage, Green Moon and Atlantis Evolution and in those you are the one doing everything.

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Sep 18, 12 8:24 AM
The only thing I can see that causes me grief is the constant caveman appearances and the inability to find where he is. Why are we upgrading the towers to ward off enemies and cavemen when even on their highest levels these guys still come out and destroy stuff?

Also the fact that you can't tear down abandoned buildings to build new ones. After a while, there is just no room for anymore buildings to be placed and that ends the resources.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 18, 12 1:22 PM
The cavemen annoy me the most with this game, mkastor. And, as you said, you don't often know where they are when there is more than 1 hole.
The upgrades - as far as I have understood is - is so that the cavemen can't damage them. For example, a warehouse that has a number 3 upgrade is indestructable.

For those fishies who find cutting bushes boring and want to just leave them alone: Quite often you find treasures or a "secret" beneath them. So it's always a good idea to just cut them all when you come across them.

Also, when all the trees are cut down, sometimes you will find something left behind, again most likely a "secret".

I don't know how important it is to find all the pages of the diary or the tablets of the tribes, but I remember that in the beginning of the game it was part of the goal to find so-and-so-many secrets - if I remember correctly.

Anyway, just in case they are important, I make sure to cut everything down that I can cut down - that includes those little trees with a question mark over them. They often have treasures beneath them (gold coins).

sparkle76
Marlin
Marlin
9,781 Posts

[Post New]by sparkle76 on Sep 18, 12 9:13 PM
regarding the cavemen:
if you click on the red text that says "warning, caveman sighted" it will take you to the caveman who is out of his hole and on a rampage

regarding the secrets:
it is not important to the game to find the secrets, only added to your score at the end of each level. so if you don't care about that, it is not important to find all of the secrets

Go to: