JanG7
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

Re:Reviews for Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition

[Post New]by JanG7 on Sep 20, 12 11:03 AM
I can't expand on any of the other reviews except; WOW, FANTASTIC, GREAT GAME..

Finished the game in about 4 hours (in casual) and now off to play the Bonus game.

Well worth the price even without the bonus.

Thanks Devs and BFG for a GREAT GAME!

Hope everyone enjoys the game like I have.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Sep 20, 12 11:05 AM
Didn't bother with the demo; went straight to the buy option! Been waiting ages for this to come out and it was certainly worth the wait

Not worth going over all the options since others have described them perfectly. I played in normal mode and there were a few sparkles but mainly they pointed to the HOS; just occasionally I noticed a sparkle pointing me elsewhere but not so much it was intrusive.

As with all the Dark Parable games, the graphics are quite simply stunning. The artistic creativity that goes into these games is without equal. I spent ages just gazing at the scenery!

Around 10 chapters I think; HOS are fragmented which I love, music is quite lovely and fits the game very well, voice-overs are excellent and the puzzles were such fun (although some I finished more by luck than judgement!).

Hours and hours of wonderful gameplay make this CE a must have. And it seems as though there's another to come Many thanks to Blue Tea (and BFG of course) for an outstanding game

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Sep 20, 12 11:26 AM
cbtx wrote:I can't think of a single negative thing to say about this game at all----it's all positive, it's all about our love of games, and it's all about a dev that loves to make high quality, excellent games like this. Magnificent job, Blue Tea, and congratulations on this stellar game. Absolutely, positively a buy!!!!

I totally agree with cbtx. This game is tremendous. It seems like our summer drought may finally be over. After what seems like ages, BFG has finally given us a couple weeks with absolutely top-notch games.

The graphics in this game are wonderful and it is such an enjoyable experience just soaking in the game's atmosphere. Although I am not a total fan of FROGs, this developer has always given us such rich games that I jumped in and bought it without a demo. After going through the first two chapters, I am not disappointed. This is a game well-worth purchasing.

I hope all you fishies enjoy this as much as I do.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Sep 20, 12 12:11 PM
I have all the games by this developer. My favorite is the Dark Prince. Anyways the graphics are like everybody else said super etc. I do like the storyline for this one a lot better than the last one - Snow Queen. That one to me got a little boring. Anyway, I've purchased this game. It's quite engrossing. The hour demo was up before I knew it.

I finished this game last night. I have to say I did the demo before work the other day and then sat down last night to play some more. I finished the rest of it in one sitting. I normally do not do that but this game was that engrossing. 5 stars for sure. i still have the bonus adventure to do at this point.

Edited on 09/23/2012 at 10:47:54 AM PST

ledheadmelli
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ledheadmelli on Sep 20, 12 1:44 PM
Ditto to just about every rave review here! What a fabulous way to cheer me up as I try to battle the flu !

Only played the demo, but was sold before I even hit the download button. This series is the only one is which I really feel the need to double down on a CE. Problem is, I have at least 6 credits (some coupons I won, others PCCs or gifts from tech support for some craziness I've had lately) - and none of them can be used to buy this game that I just might die if I don't own right now! I've already earned a punch credit this month - which I had to use cash and my 2 credits to do as coupons weren't valid for that sale, either. So now my dilemma is how to explain to the breadwinner around here why I MUST spend $14 on a game when I have all these coupons. In all honesty, times are hard for us at present, so this is not going to be an easy task. It would have helped if I have saved enough time on my demo to let him get a look at the very sexy little RRH sisters, but I just wasn't thinking.....

What to do? What to do? I get why punch credits are not valid, but I really think I ought to be able to submit 2 of my others which are supposed to be valid for any game. But that is a gripe for another thread, and I'll find a way to sweet talk my way into buying this one, in CE version, ASAP. Unless BFG feels like being more amenable than the grumpy guy I live with?

Back to game itself: I had a problem finding morphing objects - only 1 and it was accidental. Of course, I didn't spend a lot of time looking as I didn't want to waste a precious second of demo time. I often skip demo minigames for the same reason, but these were easy enough to solve w/in a few minutes or less, and they were enjoyable to do. I also have great love for wolves, but found the warning from others sufficient to desensitize myself enough to be able to shoot when necessary. As I have to do when snakes and spiders jump out in other games - not a fan of those type of surprises, but consider it a small price to pay.

I could probably think of a few more cons, but they are so far outweighed by the beauty and wonder of this game that I won't even bother. Can't wait to own this game!!!!!! Nuff said.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Sep 20, 12 1:46 PM
Everyone has said it all in above comments. I love FROG's and this developer does such a great job. I have all the Dark Parables so can't take advantage of the great deal you have but would recommend it to anyone who doesn't have them. Will have two credits next week so will wait until then to get it.. Give this 5 out of 5 stars..

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Sep 20, 12 2:04 PM
Another great game from Blue Tea Games. All of you that were lucky to get a trial on this game were very fortunate. I am not a great lover of FROGS, but this one is acceptable. Sometimes, I would rather look for pieces than miniscule HOG items which have absolutely nothing to do with the story. The graphics are beautiful as usual. Interesting take on the whole Red Riding Hood storyline. Very creative. Will probably purchase. We been having a rush of great CE's lately. Keep up the good work BF.

[Post New]by SIRSLIMMYEEL on Sep 20, 12 2:10 PM
Well it looks like I'll be in the dog house again this month. Who could pass up the beautiful graphics (the story line ain't bad either) the story is old with a new kick to it.
B.T. is one of my favorite developers also. Thanks BF.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Sep 20, 12 2:46 PM
If this game had been anything other than a Blue Tea FROG I would have waited for the SE simply because you couldn't discover anything about what you were paying the extra money for apart from the bonus chapter and also because you couldn't access the Strategy Guide in the demo version at all so had no inkling as to how long the game was going to be.

As it actually was a Blue Tea FROG I immediately bought the CE because their games have such gorgeously detailed graphics even on the smallest fragment and I just love looking at them, the storylines are always good and the puzzles doable. Having now gained access to the Bonus Content I found that there are ...

8 Bonus Puzzles
6 Wallpapers ... these can be used immediately on purchase
21 Clips in the Movie Gallery
6 Music Tracks
18 Concept Art pictures
and some Parable Notes which contain spoilers so are not available yet.

In addition to the above there are 20 Cursed (morphing) Objects to find and the Strategy Guide shows 10 chapters. These things are all good and it makes me wonder why they were being secretive about them as not mentioning the details normally leads me/us to believe that the devs have something to hide in that the extra content isn't going to be worth the price and this makes us wary of buying the CE versions so perhaps the devs would note this fact for the future and be up front about what is included ... please.

Off to play some more .

Cherb

[Post New]by rainingreality3 on Sep 20, 12 3:42 PM
When the bigfishgame site counted down to 0 on the Tommorrows game today I was there watching the countdown, waiting for this game to come out. I bought the game right away. I finished the game just a few minutes ago and can I just say WOW That was the best game so far!!!! I really liked the cut scenes, It made me feel like I was in their world and that the story is very continous.

SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
I was a little disapointed in how the wolf queen died in the end. I was hoping that it would be like the other ones where the bad guys turned good again. Oh Well, a minor thing that I didnt like. I LOVED LOVED LOVED the fact that Briar Rose came back and was active in this story. I hope to see more characters from the past games and I also hope to see the sisters again in the next games to come!!!!!

Edited on 09/20/2012 at 3:43:12 PM PST

fraziely
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by fraziely on Sep 20, 12 3:43 PM
FROG's are not my fav genre. But I'm a big fan of this dev and this series. They're a cut above the rest and imo one of the very best developers of this type of game. So, If you haven't been exposed to this series yet- boy oh boy are you in for a very pleasant surprise!

The color palette is deeply hued and very rich, which I love. The character, costume, and scene design is highly detailed and beautifully done-top notch artwork and graphics!!

The storyline is engaging and the narration is very well suited to each scene. Amazing job on the voice acting which is a nice change of pace. I usually turn down the volume on the voice(s) if at all possible. Not with this game, I'm actually enjoying them

The puzzles are unique and interesting without being too difficult (for me)-just perfect imo.

This is truly an amazing piece of work, and I was ready to buy the game within the first 5 minutes of playing the demo-it's just that good!

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Sep 20, 12 4:22 PM
What a beautiful game, stuning, a parable indeed in the the dark side of our loved favorite childhood game.

What is there no to love about this game, great scenes, interesting puzzles and an easy story to follow.

So many things to do in the enchanted forest.

This game is a winner.

Edited on 09/21/2012 at 9:25:18 AM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Sep 20, 12 6:05 PM
Gotta have it! Okay, that said...I have the other 3 DP games and really liked them. This is no different. Excellent graphics and game play. Music not bad, games simple. I do like this type of game and I don't even mind the morphing objects (especially since there aren't that many).

Much prefer being able to see the SG without the need to purchase the game (didn't like that).

There seems to be more dialogue in this one than the other 3 and you can't "click" through it. Guess I read faster than they do. Very nice voice-over though. I like the fact that the mouths move when they speak as well. Gives it a bit more realism in the game.

Having 3 different game modes is a major plus as well. Off to buy this one. Thanks for the reviews.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Sep 20, 12 8:17 PM
After i finished the game, I said is beautiful!!!
I'm only upset, as a proud Spanish- American, only the bad girls had brown hair!!!!
How it's all the majority of games made the bad people with dark features?
Maybe they are not a dumb blonde A american joke
reardas, happy gaming!

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Sep 20, 12 8:25 PM
After i finished the game, I said is beautiful!!!
I'm only upset, as a proud Spanish- American, only the bad girls had brown hair!!!!
How it's all the majority of games made the bad people with dark features?
Maybe they are not a dumb blonde A american joke(
regards,
happy gaming!

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Sep 20, 12 9:42 PM
Thank you Blue Tea Games for a perfectly stunning game!

The graphics, the gameplay, the music, are all beautiful and make the game a delightful experience.
Thatis, when I could remember to play, and not just look at it!

A great hint system, things to find and morphing objects, well done voice overs, and SG.... just everything I look for in a CE are all here.

A major Thank You for having the extras (not including the bonus play) available immediately upon purchase.
This is truly appreciated by this Fishie!

Take note other DEVS, it can be done and done well!

BK

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Sep 21, 12 2:41 AM
The demo hour went fast, played in normal mode, I liked the grahics, the tale and the artwork, the puzzles are not too difficult, the cursor moved fast around, the hint system is quite good, however something about this game didn't make me so happy to rush up and buy it, I don't know why, something about it, maybe I am not just in the right mood, when I will know what bothers me about it, than I will decide if get it or not!

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Sep 21, 12 4:26 AM
It comes to something when you cancel your social plans in order to stay in and play a game, but that's precisely what has happened to me. Once I started, I couldn't stop.

This game is, in my opinion, the best Dark Parables yet. There is so much to explore and do. Each scene is a treat to behold with rich, vibrant colours. The FROGs are beautifully drawn and items not too difficult to find. Voiceovers and cut scenes, again, are masterfully executed.

Blue Tea Games has to be among the best developers right now of this game genre.

I can't find a single thing to complain about. It is a visual treat from start to finish, and one that will give you many hours of enjoyment.

chiari_survivor
Catfish
Catfish
1,506 Posts

[Post New]by chiari_survivor on Sep 21, 12 6:15 AM
LOVED IT!! purchased CE & completed the game/bonus. I'll give a bit of info about the guide, CE content and options pg but if you need more info just ask. I have hidden the title of one Parable Notes plus a couple other bits of info in case you don't want to know.
Game and bonus include FROGs only, and a few puzzles, beautiful graphics, cursor locks up if over clicking. First time I have noticed this from this dev. Can not click through dialog.
Puzzles -3 main types plus a couple other kinds similar to this dev past games, poor instructions for games.
*remember sequence of shapes
* new game that you remove shapes from game board
* match items from same fairy tale (ex ____boots and ____cat both came from the story Puss & Boots)

Guide is located on the lower right just above of the inventory box located at the bottom of the screen.
pg 1-38 Main game/10 chapters
pg 39-52 Bonus
pg 53-55 morphing objects
pg 56-57 bonus puzzles

Bonus content/ CE version incl
1) "Little Boy who Cried Wolf"
2) Puzzles-3 main kinds of puzzles in the game-1st kind 3 boards of memory games of repeating symbols;2nd kind,4 boards of remove shapes, 3rd kind- match items coming from the same fairy tale.
3) 6 Wallpapers all from reg game
4) Movie Galleries- 17 from reg, 4 from bonus
5) Music Museum- 6 clips of music titles- able to be saved
Red Ridinghood Sisters
Mist Kingdom
Outpost of Vosges Valley
Return of___ Briar Rose
Tattered Cape
The Fabled Land
6) Concept Art- 18 scenes- 2 are very similar to each other
7) Parable Notes, 5 from reg content 1 from bonus
The First Red Ridinghood Sister
The Mist Kingdom
Order of the Red Ridinghood Sisters
The Moon Goddess
The___ Fallen Sister
*Bonus-
Mermaid Tears

Options pg
6 player slots
adj volume for Music, Ambiance, Sounds
Checks for Full screen, Wide screen & Custom Cursor
3 Difficulty Levels- Casual, Normal, & Hard- You can change as you need to within the game

20 Morphing Objects some of which may not be active until you complete a specific action or chapter.

Definitely worth playing. I did not find that I needed the guide as the Hint points you in the direction to go. Bonus seemed short. I enjoyed Exiled Prince & Snow Queen and it's bonus in that game even better but still deserves 5

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Sep 21, 12 11:06 AM

A very nice FROG indeed, easily as good as the previous ones Dark Parables. If you liked those you'll like this.
My only quibble: the morphing objects are really hard to find in this one. I stared at several scenes for minutes but couldn't find them, and most of the few I found I found by accident.
But overall, an excellent game.

Go to: