Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

Re:Post any E.P.I.C: Wishmaster Adventures technical issues here only

[Post New]by Giliraz on Sep 26, 12 6:35 PM
the first time I played the game, everything was fine...the second time I had to skip all conversations 1st because they were out of order and 2nd I did not get what I wanted... now I'm at the point were I had to get the Ruby from Helen... no conversation, no skip, and no Ruby... Hint say to get the Ruby, but I cannot... I changed my ptofile and started the game ... it got worse uninstall/reinstall makes no difference still stuck waiting for the Ruby... any suggestions?... thanks

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Giliraz on Sep 26, 12 8:34 PM
I changed my profilem again, and... TA-DA everything's back to normal again... HIP-HIP-HURRA... back to the game...

Edited on 09/26/2012 at 8:35:35 PM PST

[Post New]by chocol8tecupcake on Sep 26, 12 8:44 PM
vibberDK wrote:
deejae101 wrote:After playing the demo, I purchased the game, but when I went to play it, my entire history was gone and I had to start all over! This lends me to believe that I'm afraid I won't be able to quit the game until I'm all finished.

Hi,
I also had to start from the beginning again, but it saves fine after installing.
So no fear there :-)

Best wishes[/quote

Did the demo last night. Purchased. History wiped out. Started over and played for several hours. Today when I went back all was wiped clean again. Not happy.
Have well over 100 games and never happened before

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 27, 12 3:55 AM
Hi Fishies,

I am sorry to see that this game is causing problem for some you - I definitely want to help you all out.

I would firstly suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Doing so will ensure that the game files are loaded correctly and hence, the game should run more smoothly.

You could also try updating some of the components that help run your game in case the computer is having some trouble running the game. The advice in the following help article will help you to do that:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If neither of these tips help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. The more information we get regarding these issues, the better support we can provide for these issues.

If you have the time, please run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in that mail so that we can start helping you right away.

Thanks very much to you all for working with us!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Sep 28, 12 5:05 AM
Why should we mess with our computers? If the game doesn't work for so many members with so many different computer systems, it's not our computers, it's the GAME.

I have no intention of messing up my computer to test a game I might not even like, when it runs perfectly fine for all the other games I have. If I can run a large game like Sherlock Holmes, there apparently is nothing wrong with my system.

I hope there is a fix, which I will again try, since it looks like it could be a good game.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Sep 28, 12 11:50 AM
Hi LuvDemGames,

I'm sorry to hear this game is giving you trouble. We do like to make this suggestion to Fishies who are running into trouble. However, we do know that because everyone's system is different and it may not work for everyone. In that case, certainly don't hesitate to get in contact with our Customer Support Team. One of our reps will be happy to take a look into this for you in anyway they can and this will help us better track any issues so we can get them more quickly resolved:

How to get in contact with Customer Support

I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Sep 28, 12 8:14 PM
Initially I had trouble starting the game but uninstalling & re-downloading it fixed that problem. Since I had no problems during the demo I bought it but now every time I press alt + tab to leave the game there is a small transparent magnified rectangle on my desktop & when I return to the game the rectangle turns into pale blue colour so I have to close the game & then restart my computer to get rid of rectangle!

To say it's annoying is an understatement - has anyone else had this problem?

My Asus laptop is running Win 7; it's Nvidia drivers, Flash Player & Shockwave are up to date.

K

chickenjools
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by chickenjools on Sep 29, 12 2:42 AM
The game doesn't seem to close down properly. The usual screen that says I own this game and which appears on all the other BigFish games doesn't appear. When I try to open the game I then get an Error code 809 saying the game is still running. I have started the task manager to see if the game is running in the background but it doesn't appear to be. The only way I can start the game is to reboot the computer - not something i want to do all the time!

Any ideas please?

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Sep 29, 12 6:13 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to see you're having issues with the game.

Kamana_29, it's great that uninstalling and reinstalling the game helped! As you're still having some issues, the best thing to do is to run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and send that over to our Tech Support Team, so we can get to helping you right away.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to do that!

chickenjools, this issue might be caused by something slightly different to what the help article says, sometimes there's more complex reason for that 809 error message. Only our Tech Support will be able to find out what's exactly going on.

I hope this will all be sorted out for you soon!

bfgTokoro

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Sep 29, 12 6:26 PM
Sorry Tokoro, I should have written in my previous post that I'd already run a Dr Felix report & done a couple of screen shots which I've attached to my email to Tech Support.

It's quite weird as the game itself is running perfectly but it's highly annoying I can't leave it open & go to another window.

K

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Sep 30, 12 10:41 AM
Having the exact same problem as Kamana_29, rectangle in middle of screen.

Won't un- and reinstall the game, since Kamana_29 tried that and it didn't work, so it looks like I'm off to CS tomorrow to get a credit for this game.

Shame.

Update: Changed the resolution on the screen through the Options, and reduced the game from full view.

Works wonderfully now, no more rectangle in the middle of the screen. Now I can go back and forward to the walkthrough with no more rectangle present. Yay!

Edited on 09/30/2012 at 11:33:53 AM PST

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Sep 30, 12 3:15 PM
Thanks for the tip Sableshadow

I did the same as you & no more rectangle BUT it's still annoying that I have to change it's resolution if I want to leave the game

I'll contact CS & add what you've discovered to my email.

K

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Oct 1, 12 7:12 AM
Glad you saw my tip, K, hope others who were having the same problem see it also.

Sable

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Oct 1, 12 1:41 PM
Thanks again Sable, I was able to finish the game using your suggestion
I heard from CS so I told Lessa what you'd written.

I discovered another way to lose that rectangle - hold down the alt key & tap the tab key a few times

The rectangle has to be a programming graphic glitch. I suggest anyone who's had this problem inform CS so they can inform the devs.

K

Ridnhi
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Ridnhi on Oct 18, 12 5:16 PM
I too am having trouble with a large rectangle in the center of my screen. It started when I pressed "hint" and covered the place I was supposed to place/throw the fruit into the crevasse. I deleted the game and hours later downloaded. The large rectangle is still in my way. I cann't proceed until I blowup the large stone................I will try using another profile and if it doesn't work............guess I will talk to CS about a credit for another game..............Too bad. It looks like a fun game. Well.....I will try once more. I hope it is working for most of you!!!

Ridnhi
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Ridnhi on Oct 18, 12 6:14 PM
Changing my profile worked!!! I'm farther along but think this game requires too much thinking for my old mind. Its a slow go for me to think along with the plot line in this one. I need to go back to my plain old HOPA games. Even a walkthrough might help but evidently since this must be mainly an "adventure"? game you just need to suspend disbelief and go with the flow. This may take me a couple months but I WILL work it out..........eventually...........

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Jan 28, 13 10:08 PM
I have Windows 8, my issue is when I try to play the demo, it constantly flashes like a strobe light and makes it really difficult to play,. I have had a seizure in the past and so this would be an issue for me if I cant figure it out, Not worth risking a seizure over.

Can anyone tell me if all Windows 8 have issues with this game, if so I can install on my husband or sons laptop since they have Windows 7. I have heard some games dont work right on Windows 8 until they can get updates for them, just wondering if this was one of those games.

It will flash from black screen to the game screen or scene, back and fourth from black to game screen, just strobing and flashing.

Edited on 01/28/2013 at 10:09:44 PM PST

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Sep 24, 13 4:14 AM
Dylansmom - I too have windows 8 and am having the same issues. I tried unloading and reloading game and screen continues to "shake". Makes it impossible to play. I don't know what to try, as I have latest flash, etc. Hoping someone has a resolution as I would love to try this game.

kainesis2
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by kainesis2 on Sep 24, 13 5:49 AM
Having the same problem as Lilly and Dylansmom. I have Windows 8 and the screen is flickering severely. The game is unplayable.

FireOpal
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by FireOpal on Sep 24, 13 10:19 AM
I have that strobing effect as well on Win 8. Something to note: When I demo'd it on my desktop (XP) it was fine. Unfortunately, my desktop isn't an option any more. :/ I have tried using XP compatability mode to no affect (hah).

This seems to be a frequent issue with some games (Adelanto same) and Win 8. I'm pretty bummed because I had wanted to get both games but won't if there are issues. There are just too many good games with no issues to have to deal with this stuff.

Go to: