Re:Reviews for Dreams from the Past

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Sep 26, 12 10:22 AM
I bought this one last week during the lull. It did get a bit better as I played it out, and the ending was open for a sequel. I have played much worse...but I doubt the sequel will be made.

djoneal
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by djoneal on Sep 26, 12 10:40 AM
Ok game for me as I do the occasional plain HO type of game if the story catches my fancy. But why does the Big Fish offered version have such a short demo (20 min for me)? Other game sites offer much longer version for trial versions? And why do we get shorter versions from BFG on many games when other sites give longer ones?

smpilotmom
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by smpilotmom on Sep 26, 12 11:41 AM
I have to agree with everyone else. Not a very good game. When it's available for $2.99 I might consider buying it but not now.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Sep 26, 12 12:03 PM
For all the previous reasons, this is a no buy for me as well...

wzrwmn
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by wzrwmn on Sep 26, 12 1:47 PM
Boring. Capital B. This game is like playing with paper dolls. It's very linear and there isn't any type of investment in the character. The game is slow and the HOAs are lacking in imagination. I will not finish the demo nor buy the game.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Sep 26, 12 5:28 PM
It's getting to the point where I can tell just by the screenshots when a game is going to stink. Think I'll start trusting that instinct and not even bother downloading anymore. Which means that big fish better start making sure their screenshots are AMAZING or else stop bothering with games like this because trust me, the few bucks you'll make on sales from people not paying attention will NOT offset the lost sales because of people like me who don't bother trying future games because of these.

On the plus side the name is interesting!

This is a no buy... heck I wouldn't even play if it were free.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Sep 26, 12 5:30 PM
this game was too old fashion for us, no buy.---------------doug & lisa

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Sep 27, 12 4:18 PM

Edited on 09/28/2012 at 4:40:58 AM PST

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Sep 27, 12 5:50 PM
2 modes of HO
1) HO scenes
2) Inventory HO
ie, to search for an item that is part of another item that is needed as inventory to fulfil a specific item. Very confusing description, ok, try this

a) First you have say a luggage, you are supposed to place camera, recorder, HP etc into the luggage
b) You search for the camera and click on it. It requires some items to make it complete, eg, lens, film. So now you search for lens, film
c) After completing the requirements for camera, you click on completed camera then it becomes your inventory
d) Now you use camera against luggage
During the search for the individual items, there are NO hints allowed. ONLY in pure HO scenes you had the use of the Hint

VERY SMALL items, and not much challenges (Cant even remember whether there were mini puzzles). Storyline is ok, graphics is ok

BUT I dont really like this game. SKIP is the way to go!

Very small items in HO scenes. NO hints in inventory search.

[Post New]by ravenmad1992 on Sep 28, 12 9:09 AM
I lasted 6 minutes in the trial and could not keep going on...This was a very boring game...This is a no buy for me

valeriepres
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by valeriepres on Sep 29, 12 6:57 AM
I didn't like the game. I found it a bit boring. I usually like HOG but there was too much in this with not much story. I will not be buying the game. I was relieved when the end came up and it asked me to buy it. I didn't get the full 60 minutes of demo though. A swizz I thought.

Edited on 09/29/2012 at 6:59:00 AM PST

[Post New]by yellotxrosa on Sep 29, 12 11:28 AM
Game sucks, was a total waste of my money

kidsrulex2
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by kidsrulex2 on Oct 1, 12 7:04 PM
way to short & way to easy 2 thumbs down

ingridjp
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by ingridjp on Oct 2, 12 9:58 PM
I don't know why I bought this game as I should have realized from the demo that this game would be a giant headache. After searching around for something for almost the whole demo, I got a hint from a nice forum member which made me think it was just me not being as astute as I should be. However, I soon realized that with no hints, having to find poorly sketched items not identified to find a needed object, no hint button (except for in the HOS where the things were not that hard to find), and no real directions on what you are supposed to be doing, I just quit. This game is really a poorly designed game, and not on par with even the worst game I ever played on BFG. Save your money, coupon codes, credits, etc...and do not waste them on this one!

1fantome
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by 1fantome on Oct 7, 12 4:42 PM
Add me to the bandwagon of the " Dreams from the Past" players who absolutely hate this game. "Mea culpa," I did not read your reviews, "mea maxima culpa", I actually threw away my "hard earned" bucks to purchase this turkey. I haven't even been able to finish the game since each scene becomes darker and darker until it becomes impossible to identify the HO's without the hints. This one could possibly be the worst game ever offered. Shame on me for buying it, shame on the BF for offering it!!!!!!

griffgirl
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by griffgirl on Oct 12, 12 6:01 PM
I just finished it and have to say this is one of the worst games I have played on Big Fish. It was very confusing, no hint available, had to click on the arrow twice to go from scene to scene and just when I thought it was going to get good, it ended. Way, way, way to short for the money. This should be taken out of Big Fish.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Sep 27, 14 12:13 AM
The music was nice and relaxing. The artwork is nice.

Unfortunately, that's the best I can say for this game. There was no tutorial, no choice of difficulty, the inventory lock didn't work, the hint wouldn't recharge, and I assume there was something I was supposed to do with the ladder but couldn't figure it out. So that's that.

No sale.

Go to: