pilimai729
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

Re:Comments for Dreams from the Past

[Post New]by pilimai729 on Sep 26, 12 9:23 AM
fortunately, though the game was cut short, they gave us enough time to decide it's a no buy for me. usually, though there may be things I don't like about a game, there are enough good points that I have to really think about it. This was a no go from the start Now I have to get some visine to soothe my eyes.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 26, 12 9:40 AM
I also do not like being told I have to buy the game when only half through my 60 min.
The trial is a Sample Version. Time does not apply here and isn't mentioned. It stops at a fixed point however long it takes you to get there.

Edited on 09/26/2012 at 9:44:32 AM PST

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Sep 26, 12 10:00 AM
Not at full price,
Not as a DD,
Not as a COTW,
Not as a PCC,
Not for me,
Not even for free.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Sep 26, 12 10:26 AM
I had some left over credits at another site, so I bought this one last week, during the lull. It did get better as I played it and the ending left open the possibility for a sequel. I found it interesting enough that I would go for the sequel, but doubt that it will ever come out.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 26, 12 10:45 AM
From the review thread -
djoneal wrote:But why does the Big Fish offered version have such a short demo (20 min for me)?
Sample versions stop where the developers intend them to. How long it takes isn't relevant and time is not mentioned in the trial.

Edited on 09/26/2012 at 10:45:43 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Sep 26, 12 1:34 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:From the review thread -
djoneal wrote:But why does the Big Fish offered version have such a short demo (20 min for me)?
Sample versions stop where the developers intend them to. How long it takes isn't relevant and time is not mentioned in the trial.

Unfortunately this is one game that the devs probably should have enabled a longer trial as I for one certainly needed more time to make up my mind as to whether it was going to be engaging enough to purchase it. A little time spent on the new job would have given me some inkling as to what adventures the heroine might have in the future.
As it stands, I think I'll be giving this game a miss .... I found it Dreary from the Past.

Edited on 09/26/2012 at 2:21:49 PM PST

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Sep 26, 12 1:58 PM
Didn't like this game at all. Didn't have any idea on what I was doing or where I was going. The HOG's were even something I haven't seen in awhile. Tomorrow is another day..

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Sep 26, 12 3:07 PM
Well, I read the comments and I read the reviews and then I decided to read the Technical Issues thread.....I really do not think I will waste my precious download time on this one, sounds like something from five years ago and my tastes have definitely evolved since then! Eagerly looking forward to tomorrow.....

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Sep 26, 12 3:47 PM
I agree with what everyone said, plus I feel this is a super touchy game. When you try to leave the arrow disp real quick, and you have to be right on the money to pick up an item in the HO's. The HINT button is useless.....................................I might pick up this game for a penny, thats all I'll pay...............I take that back, even that is to much. SHAME ON YOU BIG FISH this is not a game it's a joke....................................MY OPINION

[Post New]by joannemaryjo on Sep 26, 12 6:11 PM
I am so sorry that I purchased this game ...wish I had read the reviews before....some parts easy and some so extremely confusing...real bummer!!! I think I'll turn to the ironing too!!!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Sep 27, 12 12:32 AM
Move over Dreary from the Past ... the forum for HH3 is about to arrive.

thobbit
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Bummed

[Post New]by thobbit on Sep 27, 12 4:48 PM
I bought this game and now i wished i hadn't it I am stuck at the point of being in the middle of all the buildings and have no idea how or where to go from there ,I usually love every game I buy but this one has made me a very sad fishy I used my last game coupons and now i want to give it back ;;;;;;; guess i will just wait and hope i can buy more game tickets will be bored until that moment arises ,reallly bummed that Big Fish even put this one up!!! not a good buy at all!!

amaryken8
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by amaryken8 on Sep 27, 12 8:51 PM
I agree with all of you, esp you ,bpurdum2 !!!!! I really hate it when you can't play for the total 60 mins. I had 27 mins. left !!!

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by NiceZombie on Sep 28, 12 1:22 AM
ugh, what a horrible demo lol. horrible demo = horrible game not even for free.

jobag
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by jobag on Sep 29, 12 8:50 AM
I agree with you all. I wish I'd read your comments before I'd bought the game as well. It really was awful. Never mind, it just makes us appreciate the good ones, right?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 29, 12 1:56 PM
I really hate it when you can't play for the total 60 mins.
You can only play for 60 minutes if the trial says so. More (most?) developers are providing sample versions these days instead.

Edited on 09/29/2012 at 1:56:36 PM PST

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Sep 29, 12 3:08 PM
angelofmusic62 wrote: Not at full price,
Not as a DD,
Not as a COTW,
Not as a PCC,
Not for me,
Not even for free.

Sums it up perfectly, angelofmusic62 - you're a poet and you don't know it (as we say in the UK).

Love it!

[Post New]by tequilasue on Oct 2, 12 1:49 PM
I can't believe all thecomplaints I liked the game...so talked on live chat and she found a walkthrough, and sent to me,...easy now kinda....enjoy
I posted it

1nita
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by 1nita on Oct 2, 12 6:28 PM
I played the free trial and thought it was okay, so I bought the game and for me it is a waste of money. Nothing seems to work. I can get to trying to fix the stool but I can only find the leg and scissors but then nothing. It looked like it was going to be a very interesting game.

Go to: