SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Halls: Revenge of Doctor Blackmore Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Sep 29, 12 9:19 AM
I had no problems when I played the trial version. But after purchasing the game, it crashed on me several times while playing. I had to shut down and reboot every time. I was finally able to finish the game, but it crashed maybe 5 times during play.

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Halls: Revenge of Doctor Blackmore Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by geri_mac on Sep 29, 12 9:49 AM
thank you bfgBaikal I got the 769 error sorted out, sorry for the delay in getting back to you

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 29, 12 10:37 AM
Hi SquirrelGirrrl and antimaim,

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into crashing and freezing problems with the game. Those types of issues can often be caused by programs that are out of date, or drivers that need to be updated. Updating your drivers and programs may help in order to get the game running normally. More information on updating can be found here on our help article that goes over some troubleshooting steps you can try:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that's not helping, please let our Tech Support Team know and they'll be happy to assist you further.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Sep 30, 12 8:23 AM
I had played the demo part of the game with no problems. Once I purchased the game, I had a lot a problems with the cursor freezing, floating, etc. I also noticed that even though I had the music set to 0, the music was playing in some of the chapters. I did delete the game and reinstall with the updated version but had the same issues. I did manage to finish the game but the cursor problem added a good bit of time and frustration to the length of the game.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Sep 30, 12 11:37 AM
Hi Poof11,

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles that you've run into. I've passed along the information to our team. I'm glad to hear that in this case you were able to finish the game. However, if you run into any trouble with a game not performing well after purchasing it, please don't hesitate to get in contact with our Customer Support Team. A rep will be happy to look into this for you and it will help us better track any issues. More information on how to do that can be found here:

How to get in contact with Customer Support

I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

gale129
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by gale129 on Oct 4, 12 7:13 AM
In the bonus section, I got the jellyfish but not the gas mask, which triggers the portable lab to make the "gas" for the gas mask. Cant kill the bad guy without it! Im stuck.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 5, 12 12:04 PM
Hi gale129,

I looked through some other threads here and I found this info about the gas mask:
MargieB wrote:
Xmas3kds wrote:Hello, just got to the Chicago fire, did everything, got the gas mask in the kitchen, then closed the game for a short while...when I got back to it, the gas mask is missing, can't get it again in the kitchen, and I cannot get past the hallucination of the fireman in the upstairs hallway! HELP!!

The gas mask went into the suitcase (the portable lab) in the lower left. Open it and follow the recipe.

If that doesn't help with your issue, there might be something more technical going on, though. In that case, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can take a look at everything and start working with you on the issue.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Haunted Halls: Revenge of Doctor Blackmore Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by pagantomb on Oct 5, 12 5:14 PM
There is no red jewel in the eye of the can in Chigago. I noticed there were a couple of other post to this effect in the forum but no really solution. Any ideas or do I hve to uninstal and start again. Hate starting again

strstrk
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by strstrk on Oct 7, 12 3:47 PM
hi,
I entered the correct codes to open the bin and it does nothing, I tried all the tips in the forum. Still won't open.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Haunted Halls: Revenge of Doctor Blackmore Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by WilJul on Oct 8, 12 12:43 AM
pagantomb wrote:There is no red jewel in the eye of the can in Chigago. I noticed there were a couple of other post to this effect in the forum but no really solution. Any ideas or do I hve to uninstal and start again. Hate starting again

I had trouble with this as well. It took me forever to figure out that the top, smaller, arrow section controls which part the larger arrows affect (unless it's the other way around). So play with the arrows - alternating clicking the smaller one then a larger one - until you get to the ones that affect gems in the eyes. The left arrow will then affect the left eye and vice versa. It's late, so I'm not sure I'm making complete sense, but hopefully you get the gist enough to play around with it and figure it out.

Edited on 10/08/2012 at 1:11:08 AM PST

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Oct 10, 12 3:04 AM
Hi Fishies,

pagantomb if the advices given by WilJul don't help you to overcome this issue, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the game, as that normally helps, and you don't have to start over again.

strstrk, thanks for trying the tips shared in the Forum, if none has helped you then there might be something more technical going on and the best thing to pinpoint the problem is to get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can take a look at everything and start working with you on the issue.
You can do so by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

I hope this helps!

bfgTokoro

Edited on 10/10/2012 at 3:05:54 AM PST

[Post New]by petalpetal on Oct 10, 12 3:43 AM
In the Pompeii section, the pipes puzzle. The pipes themselves won't rotate. Nothing happens at all. So frustrating. Going to have to 'skip' just to move ahead.

Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Halls: Revenge of Doctor Blackmore Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by Syndalee on Oct 10, 12 11:53 AM
Played with no problems until the bonus game. At the 'match the wires' mini-game my computer shut down 3X. It appears that I cannot finish the game.
Crap.

Edited on 10/10/2012 at 11:55:03 AM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 10, 12 11:58 AM
Hi Syndalee,

I definitely want you to be able to finish the game! If that's happening at the same puzzle each time, you might try first uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps. More information on doing that can be found here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

Since you're so close to finishing, you can also contact our Tech Support Team first to ensure that your save data won't be removed by reinstalling the game. I certainly wouldn't want that to happen!

petalpetal, if you haven't skipped that puzzle yet, you can also try reinstalling the game. The help article above can help with that, and hopefully that gets that puzzle working.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

motive
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by motive on Oct 11, 12 6:14 PM
I can't open the cage with the bomb...I use the code and it only unlocks 2 locks. I have tried many times using the codes but I believe it is a tech issue. Is there anything that can be done to get the door to open?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 12, 12 6:03 AM
Hi motive,

As it seems like you are facing a tech issue with the bomb, I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game as that will ensure things are running as they should.

If you continue to have trouble after doing so, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 10/12/2012 at 6:03:46 AM PST

suebrit
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by suebrit on Oct 15, 12 1:15 PM
For the first time ever I have run into a problem. I had the fat and the container to make soap, but both have disappeared. I uninstalled and reinstelled but nothing has changed. Any ideas?

phizz
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

Re: technical issue: lion cub

[Post New]by phizz on Oct 16, 12 5:22 PM
The hand is trying to grab, but I can't pick up the lion cub. I've got the soap in the water, and this is very frustrating.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re: technical issue: lion cub

[Post New]by WilJul on Oct 16, 12 10:42 PM
phizz wrote:The hand is trying to grab, but I can't pick up the lion cub. I've got the soap in the water, and this is very frustrating.

SPOILER!!!

You will not be able to pick up the lion cub - you need to find and place an object that will allow him to climb out of the tub on his own. Good luck!

Edited on 10/16/2012 at 10:42:46 PM PST

phizz
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by phizz on Oct 17, 12 10:16 AM
Thank you!

Go to: