WALKTHROUGH - Totem Tribe

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

Re:WALKTHROUGH - Totem Tribe

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 11, 09 10:59 AM
Get him to play the game. LOL. I was able to get one of the mods to sticky this post.

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Feb 11, 09 11:57 AM
Wow! I wasn't expecting that! Thanks Cyber!

Hubby won't play this game. He's into military shoot-'em-ups.

littlesambo
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by littlesambo on Feb 11, 09 12:40 PM
awsome this is much better then that other site.
great job and thanks....

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Feb 11, 09 1:15 PM
Thanks so much little sambo! Hope it helps you with the game!

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 11, 09 1:59 PM
Doobie has he played Star Wars Battlefront 2? I love that game.

Domz2009
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by Domz2009 on Feb 11, 09 5:32 PM

High 5! CONGRATZ!!!!

But if you can insert some video walkthrough, esp., to those puzzles and problem solving in each level if there is; it is Great!

This walkthrough is already good, chronological, with hints, and suggestions... Nice job...
This is a walkthrough that I'll recommend with my friends on the other forums...

Keep it up...

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Feb 12, 09 12:25 PM
Thanks Domz! I really appreciate the recommendations! It means a lot to me!

After I finally cleared my table of millions of pages of notes taken during the written walkthrough, I'll leave the video ALL to Cyberomega! He's been working extremely hard on them so he deserves lots of thanks for making the levels available to us.

Cyber, hubby hasn't played anything except straight military games. The few I've gotten him that are different, he doesn't like so it was a total waste of money. Anything to do with the realistic military though and he's ready to rumble!

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Feb 12, 09 4:00 PM
Oh I can so relate to one sided husbands !
My hubby is a "to the core will die without my daily fix (with vent) World of Warcraft super addict". LOL.
I cannot begin to tell you how many times, during a "Bio-Break ? ", I've wanted to tell him something important about one of my games only to be poo-poo'd with a reply somewhere along the lines of ....Real people eat, sleep, talk, do the Blizzard....what were you saying , hon ?
He's an ex-marine, I wonder if that has something to do with it ?.....
I myself live for the Fish !

[Post New]by wacki1 on Feb 13, 09 7:32 PM
I CAN NOT for the life of me figure out how to do the black and white globes on the comet level. I have made it through most of it on my own, with a bit of help from you, (thank you very much!) But this is ridiculous. I have been stuck for over 3 hours coming back to it all day and it just wont work. you said something about highlighting? But I couldn't find that either. Please help! I've never used a forum before. What a great tool!

Edited on 02/13/2009 at 7:40:03 PM PST

Domz2009
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by Domz2009 on Feb 13, 09 8:10 PM

Hi Wacki,

If you are talking about the first light puzzle on comet Island, follow this hint:

**** You will need to turn all the small lights... To do this, you will need to activate the upper 2, and the lowest light to finish this puzzle.

firestone1960
Flounder
Flounder
2,309 Posts

[Post New]by firestone1960 on Feb 13, 09 9:25 PM
Doobie -- -- GREAT JOB

I know how much work went into it - and I appreciate it...

between you and Cyber - I think you have helped most fishies with this game.

- I think you should set back and relax now.
---------------

Wacki - you have to move them like jumping pegs in some solitare games - what Dooble is talking about -- in her post about this area - right below where it says "highlight" you can use your mouse to highlight in that empty space below on her post and you will see the answer.

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Feb 14, 09 2:19 AM
Thank you firestone! I'm so glad that it's helped!

Believe it or not, I've been relaxing by playing the game over again! A glutton for punishment aren't I??

Wacki.........you know how you "pinch" the screen in Totem Tribe? Highlighting is the same way. Just click the left side of your mouse, then "drag" it down the page, and all the writing will show up for you. Once it's highlighted you can release your left mouse, just don't click or the highlighting will go away. Let me know if you still can't get the numbers to show up and I'll pm them to you. Welcome to the forum!!

[Post New]by Suzetteb523 on Feb 14, 09 8:07 PM
Need help with getting the shells on Frozen Island. I am so frustrated because I used shells to open the chest before I realized I needed 25 shells for the statue. I have searched and searched and there are no more shells on the island (I have 17). Do I have to start the island again? Any help on this is appreciated. I LOVE this game!! Thanks

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Feb 14, 09 9:02 PM
Trust me, they ARE there...you've got to check under all the trees, bushes and especially behind mountains.
Sometimes all you'll see is just a tiny tip peeking out.....the creators of this game were too clever at hiding these insidious things!!!

P.S. You might take a peek at Cybers' Video Walkthrough on Youtube

Edited on 02/14/2009 at 9:07:44 PM PST

peach23
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by peach23 on Feb 15, 09 12:41 AM
I have to admit that, after beating my brains out trying to find the last few (whatever item), I took every one of those files and "painted" them - especially the gems. Voila! MUCH easier to find. Although a few are actually "hidden", like the lava rocks on Volcano Island. You can't see them until you find them.

How to Paint an item. First, exit out of the game. Then backup the files in your Totem Tribe directory where the images are stored. For my computer, this is
C:\Program Files\Totem Tribe\data\texture\game\item. A lot of these files have really strange names, so you won't see "shell" or "seashell", for instance. Its call "rakuska2". "Rakuska1" is the other shell you had to find on Dolphin Island. The roots on Witch Island are called "koren".

Open a file in Paint (standard Windows accessory program). Use some bright or unusual color that won't blend in with the background for whichever island the item is on, and paint around the edges of the item. Then Save.

SO much easier to find these things, as they can be VERY hidden.

On a different subject - Doobiebear, in your walkthru you mention the color-coded vents on Lost Temple Island, and the reflection in the pool marked with an X. I've tried this, found the right spot, clicked on it - and nothing happens. Any suggestions??

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Feb 15, 09 1:06 AM
Hi Peach!

For the 3 chests of gems on Lost Temple you need to write down the colors of the stone pedestals on Worship Island. Write them down starting from the lower left to the lower right. Like an upside down U. Then when you go to Temple Island and defeated all the enemies put the colors into the brown shrines exactly like you wrote them down. The 3 chests should appear right above the shrines.

The maps with an X just gives you the place to find the runes that need to be placed in the doors to get to the temple. If you've done that already then there's nothing else to find there.

I'm so sorry if I confused you in this section. Believe me, there were times in writing this that I confused myself!! Let me know if it still doesn't work for you and I'll dig up my notes for the exact color order to see if that helps you more.

[Post New]by Suzetteb523 on Feb 15, 09 9:01 AM
Thank you, thank you memawclay2 and peach23!! I will try your suggestions

rhore
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by rhore on Feb 15, 09 10:21 AM
Hello
Maybe I am really dense or something but what is unit that you are suppose to bring to the treasure chest in various levels
Rhonda

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Feb 15, 09 10:31 AM
I answered rhore in another thread but wanted to bring the answer here in case someone else had the same problem.

DoobieBear wrote:Either one of the "flags". I normally use the scout flag (the one with the eye on it) because they are faster, but you can also use the battle flag (the one with the crossed swords) to bring your army to the chest. As long as one person (unit) comes close enough to the chest it will open.

Welcome to the forum and good luck!

MaryDa
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by MaryDa on Feb 16, 09 7:51 AM
ARGH! I have clicked so many times on the 3 temples of Worship Island and I've not gotten a thing! How many times do I need to click? Do I need to click on the OK of the message each time for the click to count? Please help!

Go to: