Labyrinth

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

Re:Labyrinth

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Oct 3, 12 11:36 AM
I always play under the same profile in trial and when I purchase a game. That isn't the problem with mine.

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Oct 3, 12 11:37 AM
Kgustavson - Amen!!! I agree 100 percent

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Oct 3, 12 12:00 PM
I can't for the life of me see how starting under a new profile would solve the problems you have been experiencing, but I have had a thought.

Now, I'm in no way an IT techie whatsoever and I know someone here who may be able to help and perhaps swim by.

However, I play all BFG games on my old HP touchscreen (about 5 years old) and a Dell XPS (about 4 years old). Both run Vista. To my knowledge, I've never updated any drivers. All of my games always run perfectly.

I'm just wondering if all of this 'update your drivers' with new machines isn't actually causing the problem with these games rather than solving it. Maybe some drivers actually need to be rolled back in order for them to work properly.

That's just a gut feeling and probably nowhere near right. Just a thought.

NYtaxi
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by NYtaxi on Oct 3, 12 12:06 PM
Wird das Problem noch bearbeitet? Wenn nicht, muß ich die Bestellung leider stornieren!!

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Oct 3, 12 12:14 PM
I have sent in a Dr Felix report - waiting on c.s.

tcarter50
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by tcarter50 on Oct 3, 12 2:52 PM
I was having the same problem in the maze but after I read about using the broken light bulb on the maze sign I tried and it worked. Thanks

JennieGee
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by JennieGee on Oct 3, 12 4:30 PM
Joyce2159 wrote:I was also having this problem. After I used the broken lightbulb on the maze sign I was able to turn left. I hope this helps.

There is no need to try again with a new profile. I took the advice about using the broken lightbulb on the maze sign and presto! The new part of the maze appears and if you read the bit in the diary after you do this it talks about the arrows showing you a new path. The randomness of who gets stuck and who doesn't depends solely on whether you have used the lightbulb or not.

Cheers!

[Post New]by gatehouse on Oct 4, 12 1:52 AM
I wish using the light bulb cured the problem for everyone but I'd already used it and still can't turn left to find the skeleton. Good news for those it works for though!

I haven't tried a new profile yet but will do that next.

As an ex-programmer (very ex in terms of years!) I can understand why a new profile would work as we all play the game in a different order and various switches and progress markers will be set as we work our way through the game. Some switches will inhibit one action until certain other actions have been completed. Perhaps for some orders of play (and who knows which ones!) the marker for allowing the left turn isn't set. In which case a new profile may work but it will still depend on how you work through the game, so I'll travel hopefully with a new profile!

27heb49
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by 27heb49 on Oct 4, 12 4:56 AM
The secret is, not to use the lightbulb until after getting to the weeping tree. Use the lightbulb when you've got the pickaxe and returned to the entrance. I played it again for the 4th time after reading these posts, and it worked this time. Must have got it right in my first game, which, as I stated, I was able to complete. What a kerfuffle!! At least, now I know there's nothing wrong with the game.

Edited on 10/04/2012 at 6:06:06 AM PST

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Oct 4, 12 11:17 AM
Well, the new profile thing ended up working for me, no glitches the whole way through and the bonus game. The lightbulb suggestion is interesting, but I used it early on (same place as I did before) and still got to the darned skeleton. Still makes no sense to me though...

[Post New]by erinsgrandma on Oct 4, 12 4:27 PM
I took the advice of others here and not only replayed the game under a new name but also did not use the light bulb until after I had found the sickle. It worked but I'm not sure which did it. I'm just happy to have finished it even though it meant doing it twice.

[Post New]by dustybritches on Oct 4, 12 8:16 PM
I replayed the game under a different profile.........did it work.....NO!! I love BF and the games,but I resent paying for a game that I have to play again and again to maybe get it to work right so I can finish it. There is a problem with this game. I am going to try for the third time and not use the broken lightbulb on the maze sign until after I go to the tree.

[Post New]by swampie on Oct 7, 12 6:24 AM
am having the same problem as many--finding the skeleton in the labyrinth--and the hint button takes me to the art school--am beginning to suspect a glitch in this game also.

[Post New]by Sheilene on Oct 7, 12 10:47 AM
I to am having the same problem this is not funny so what do we do? so even if we start over and it still doesn't work than what? can we get a refund? I don't want a game that doesn't work.

[Post New]by sesame49 on Oct 7, 12 11:26 PM
I also have had "Labyrinthitis", no left turn allowed! and Since you need the staff to continue....I'm moving onto another game! I've spent too much time on a game I can not finish. Frustration is an understatement! With as many complaints as I've read tonight, Big Fish needs to read these and get it fixed....like an update would be nice!

carolpin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by carolpin on Oct 11, 12 3:30 PM
I was having the same problem. I came to the forums. When I read Joyce's reply, I realized I had not used the lightbulb on the maze sign. After using that, i was able to get to the skeleton

[Post New]by conniehiddengurl on Oct 14, 12 8:47 PM
one gamer told me that it is there.at the left but it blends in so well u will miss it and its hard to find..but of course ive been trying this all day and night...so if its there i cant find it i guess ill go to another game...but paying for a ce i dont get to play the bonus chapter..im not one to give up easy ....shewwwwww.....im tired of it...sry all u guys wish i could help....

salyandpepper
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by salyandpepper on Oct 17, 12 8:36 AM
Hi all
There have been so many games that dont work properly lately that I too have been very frustrated with the labyrinth and asked advice from CS. I uninstalled and installed three times in all and changed profile twice. Today I changed profile with another made up name and played again. Dont ask me why or how but it worked, finally. I have got onto the bonus chapter.

I used the strategy guide every step of the way just before the labyrinth, just in case and there is nothing wrong with the instructions so dont be fobbed off with this excuse.

I dont know if it will work for you but it is worth a try.

love2so
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by love2so on Oct 18, 12 4:14 PM
I was having the same problems getting to the skeleton and I read one of the responses saying to use the broken light bulb on the maze sign. It worked! I could go right to the skeleton without any more problems!

Joyce929
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Joyce929 on Oct 21, 12 10:49 AM
I don't enjoy playing a game over when I worked so hard to get to the finale. Is Big Fish going to do anything about this? I would have thought that a game released in a Collector's Edition would have been checked for glitches. I, for one, would like to have a refund or a free game so I don't lose the cost of the one that I couldn't finish. I had to contact BFG recently about another game that I couldn't finish and I haven't heard from them yet, even though I downloaded Dr. Felix and sent it back to them.

Go to: