bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 5, 12 4:22 AM
Hi Fishies,

I definitely want to help you all out with these issues you are reporting - I know how frustrating it is to be be prevented from playing a game you are enjoying.

For those of you having issues with the acid bottle, it does seem like the 'hotspot' for that item is a little off so I would suggest trying the advice that Rebeca_Lily kindly offered

Rebeca_Lily wrote:I took the bottle, but only when I clicked about 2 mm right of it. When I clicked straight on the bottle, I was thrown from the zoom.

Of course if that doesn't help we do want to work this out for you.

As the Moderation Team are very limited as to the type of technical support we can offer on the Forums the best way for us to get a sense of the issue and provide some support that will benefit all and not just some Fishies, is to have as much information as possible filtered through to our Tech Team, you can contact them by clicking here.

For those of you who have not been awarded the 'no hint achievement', this is again, something we would be glad to investigate. So that we have something to go on, it would be beneficial to have those affected contact our Tech Support Team also.

I understand how disappointing encountering these issues must be for you all and I would like to express how very much we appreciate you working with us to find a resolution.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

gentlegirl
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

Re:Post any Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by gentlegirl on Oct 5, 12 6:28 AM
Hi! I was having problems with the acid bottle too but i actually got it by clicking 2mm right of it so thanks for the tip

rosiekb
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by rosiekb on Oct 5, 12 7:11 AM
But I don't want to have to log on as a different player so far into the game!!! Grrr.

eschmeck
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by eschmeck on Oct 5, 12 7:21 AM
Kelcytastic wrote:I download the game and then can't install it. I have tried all the remedies listed online for this issue and still nothing works. I get to 10% complete and then it sits there for a long time and then says installation failed.

This. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the Game Manager. Uninstalled/Attempted to Reinstall the game several times. At 10%, it never pops up the permission window to allow the game to make changes to your computer so it fails. The error it gives is 769 - Lack of Sufficient Permissions but I'm on an Administrator account with full privileges. If I wasn't I couldn't have uninstalled/reinstalled the Game Manager

melonrind
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by melonrind on Oct 5, 12 8:54 AM
I haven't seen anybody else with this problem yet, but I am having an issue with a part where you're supposed to iron a crinkled piece of paper. No matter where I click with the iron, it doesn't do anything. There's nothing else I can do in the game until this darn paper gets ironed out, and I can't do it. I finally gave in and consulted the strategy guide, which helpfully advises me to "use the iron twice on the crumpled part of the paper". Gee, thanks. I've tried that about a dozen times. Any ideas?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 5, 12 10:36 AM
eschmeck wrote:
Kelcytastic wrote:I download the game and then can't install it. I have tried all the remedies listed online for this issue and still nothing works. I get to 10% complete and then it sits there for a long time and then says installation failed.

This. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the Game Manager. Uninstalled/Attempted to Reinstall the game several times. At 10%, it never pops up the permission window to allow the game to make changes to your computer so it fails. The error it gives is 769 - Lack of Sufficient Permissions but I'm on an Administrator account with full privileges. If I wasn't I couldn't have uninstalled/reinstalled the Game Manager

Hi eschmeck,

Even if you're on an Administrator account on your computer, it might also help to run the Game Manager program in its Administrator Mode. You can read more about how to make that adjustment in our help article here..

If that doesn't get things working for you, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to take a look at what's going on with the Game Manager and see what else might be causing trouble with the game download.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 10/05/2012 at 10:38:09 AM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 5, 12 10:41 AM
melonrind wrote:I haven't seen anybody else with this problem yet, but I am having an issue with a part where you're supposed to iron a crinkled piece of paper. No matter where I click with the iron, it doesn't do anything. There's nothing else I can do in the game until this darn paper gets ironed out, and I can't do it. I finally gave in and consulted the strategy guide, which helpfully advises me to "use the iron twice on the crumpled part of the paper". Gee, thanks. I've tried that about a dozen times. Any ideas?

Hi melonrind,

First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the game - that will sometimes get little tech issues like this straightened out. We go over how to do that in our help article here.

If that doesn't do the trick, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They have the tools to take a look at how the game is running on your computer and can troubleshoot with you directly from there. And if there is a bigger issue with the game itself, the info they can collect from you will really help pinpoint where it's coming from so it can be addressed as quickly as possible.

You can read more about how to contact Tech Support Team and send in the details of the issue in the post we've created here.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

vanwyck
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by vanwyck on Oct 5, 12 11:21 AM
Rebecca Lily, It works. I uninstalled, reinstalled, made sure Drivers were up to date. Nothing worked. I opened again even with white boxes and clicked slightly right and IT WORKED! Thanks

HDCLASSIC
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by HDCLASSIC on Oct 5, 12 11:49 AM
I also had same problem with the acid. Thanks to Rebeca Lily! I followed her advice and it worked.

Edited on 10/05/2012 at 11:51:19 AM PST

[Post New]by ccflowerpower on Oct 5, 12 1:04 PM
This game works great on my Vista computer, I am having trouble on my XP computer. In the 1st HO red flowers flash off and on. The big fish in the galley flashes off and on. In the SG 1/3 of the letters flashed off and stay off, making it impossible to read. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times.

Edited on 10/05/2012 at 1:06:41 PM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 5, 12 1:22 PM
Hi ccflowerpower,

Welcome to the Pond! Flickering graphics are often times the cause of a driver that is out of date, or another display related program that isn't updated or installed. Our help article here goes over some basic troubleshooting you can take to see if that might work to get the game running normally:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the tips there aren't working, please let our Tech Support Team know what you're experiencing. They'll be happy to help you further and hopefully find a cause for that.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

pjfrompa
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by pjfrompa on Oct 5, 12 1:53 PM
Mouse works for bottom line ( book, items etc} It disappears when I try to go to game I have reinstalled game manager and game.. It worked until this chapter 4. Anyone know what's going on? Mouse is fine with other games and computer. I have windows7/internet explorer. HP windows 7 is less than 1 year old

[Post New]by jbird26 on Oct 5, 12 3:37 PM
I am in the infirmary trying to mix the potion for the cabin boy and my mouse quit working above the inventory bar. I am running the game on Windows 7. Please help.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 5, 12 4:10 PM
Hi jbird26 and pjfrompa,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening. Issues like that can be caused by a few different things, such as background programs that are open, or in some cases, Windows Aero settings. Our Tech Support Team will be happy to look into that further for you to determine what's causing that to occur. Sending them a Dr. Felix Report to look over will also help them in determining how to fix that for you.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

eschmeck
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by eschmeck on Oct 5, 12 6:28 PM
bfgMonongahela wrote:
Even if you're on an Administrator account on your computer, it might also help to run the Game Manager program in its Administrator Mode. You can read more about how to make that adjustment in our help article <a href=http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1748>here</a>..

If that doesn't get things working for you, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to take a look at what's going on with the Game Manager and see what else might be causing trouble with the game download.

bfgMonongahela

Tried it all. It never did work. I gave up and just moved on to a different game. It looked interesting and like one I would have loved but I spent several hours trying to install this one game when the newer one (Angelica Weaver) installed without a hitch in the midst of all the other effort. Much more fun to play than to fight with trying to install a single game.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Oct 5, 12 11:57 PM
thistle809 wrote:I'm wondering if I have a different glitch. Is anyone else constantly showing a task to perform in the Armory (the ! on that location on the map)? There are no indications when I go to that location (no sparkles, no magnifying glass, hand, etc.). The only thing I get when I click all over and mouse over the scene is an eye over the swordfish mounted in the upper left corner, with a comment about it having seen better days. I have tried using the hint, but only get directed to the right side of the screen. I have finished everything, including removing the panel inside the cabinet and retrieving the items from the cubbyhole.

Did you retrieve the paper with instructions to make the bomb? I missed that at first. Did you get the tool to unscrew the panel in the cabinet?

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Oct 6, 12 12:03 AM
Well, no one seems to have reported this problem. I am playing on an iMac, OS 10,7,5. I played 19 HOS without hints without switching to MahJong. The in game HOS count achievement window was keeping the correct count. After getting the hummingbird, I switched to mahjong to finish the next HOS, and my HOS achievement window went down to 11! The humming bird count remains accurate. There was even one time since the switch when no count was taken. I do not use hints.

I created a new profile and played long enough to have a count of several HOS. Then I switched during one to Mahjong, and my count was inaccurate again.

Anyone else?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 6, 12 5:35 AM
Sorry to see that you have had this trouble shorenuf!

If you have the time please feel free to inform Tech Support of this and if you can at all, please run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in that mail so that we can start helping you right away.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by BF_Fanatic on Oct 6, 12 6:57 AM
Hi Maglad, wouldn't let me pick up the acid bottle either - uninstalled and reinstalled the game but still wouldn't let me pick it up. Have tried uninstalling, reinstalling and starting again. If it doesn't work, back to BF!

LULU5635
Marlin
Marlin
8,049 Posts

[Post New]by LULU5635 on Oct 6, 12 8:46 AM
I entered the room with the long dining table and chained double doors. After I had the battle between the Sailors and Mayans, I was unable to pick up the sparkling item in the cubbyhole at the top. I left the scene and reentered to find the screen obscured by large white squares. I went to GM to check for update/fix, none available. If I uninstall and reinstall, will I have to start the game all over or will it resume at the point of the white block glitch? Help me, fellow gamers or BFG, please.

Go to: