Re:Reviews for Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits Collector's Edition

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Oct 4, 12 3:08 PM
All I can say is WOW! It looks like the devs have been reading the forums because they put everything we have been asking for into this game. When I saw " Mayan Prophecise: Ship of Spirits" I thought it would be a ho-hum sort of game since I'm not particularly interested in ship games. But this game is so great, with so much to do and discover, that I forgot I was only on a ship. Truly a magnificent game.

The graphics and music are so wonderful, I am loving every minute.

Kudos to the devs and to BFG on this one. I agree with the person who said this game will probably win an award. If it does, it is well deserved.

nightkat1
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by nightkat1 on Oct 4, 12 5:12 PM
OMG!!!!! This game has EVERYTHING!!!! This is what a Collector's Edition game should be.

fraziely
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by fraziely on Oct 4, 12 5:47 PM
Great game for all of the reasons mentioned in the previous reviews. Definite buy for me

fraziely
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by fraziely on Oct 4, 12 5:48 PM
nightkat1 wrote:OMG!!!!! This game has EVERYTHING!!!! This is what a Collector's Edition game should be.

Amen to that, nightkat1!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Oct 4, 12 5:53 PM
Wow, what a superb game! Loved the combo of morphing and need to find specific item in the HOGs...very different and fun. Love the "jump" map...always a plus in a game. Excellent graphics and game play. I even liked the music!

HOGs nice (and fun as I said above), but I agree, wording needs to be darker or background needs to be much lighter. A bit difficult to see clearly.

Nice SG, but I prefer knowing how many chapters a game has before I purchase. Hint system nice, but when it tells you to go back, it circles the entire bottom of the screen...weird.

There are lots of things to do in this game and all are fun. I really enjoyed the demo, which ended much to quickly for me. This is a definite buy for me. Thanks for the reviews.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Oct 4, 12 6:47 PM
Still playing, but - not a single negative whatsoever! All positive! Good story, great graphics, lots of "side tasks" and achievements to strive for, customize game play, interactive H0 scenes, and on and on and on. No technical problems. Quite a nice CE - finally!

Beautiful job, devs! Thank you and thank BFG!!

Edit after game and with beginning bonus chapter:

I still stand by my notes above. But for some reason regarding the numbers of hummingbirds I've found in the H0 scenes (all), the puzzles I've done without skipping (all), the "beyond" objects I've found, etc...the number that show as each is accomplished is not the same as on the achievements page (which shows fewer). That is a bit disheartening as I looked at the achievements before starting the game to see what they were as I wanted to complete all of them. I did post this in the "technical issues" thread and hope I get an explanation

Otherwise, a simply great game to play and I am happy that I bought it.

Edited on 10/06/2012 at 5:55:32 PM PST

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Oct 4, 12 6:47 PM
BearKat wrote:

And A Huge Thank You for making the wallpapers,etc. available upon purchase!

I know! I know!
Some do not care about these particular extras in a CE and find them useless,however, that does not make them useless to everyone, only to the ones who find them so!

Yay!!!! A CE I can actually buy!!!!!!!!!!! (I only buy if the extras are available on purchase otherwise I wait for the SE since that's all I'm getting anyway.)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU DEVS!!!!!!

It's really a great game... unique and fun with lots to do. No point in repeating all the other great reviews but wanted to add my thumbs up both for a great game AND for listening and allowing us to immerse ourselves in game play with the extras. WELL DONE!

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Oct 4, 12 8:34 PM
Nice graphics, a map you can use to jump (always a good thing in a CE!). Great idea, having an adjustable level of difficulty. I felt the demo was a good mix of adventure, HOS and puzzles, but unfortunately by the time I got to chapter 4 I was pretty much doing one HOS after another, which bored me to tears. It's the second time I've been sucked in by a game which started as adventure and turned to maximum HOS halfway through. Puzzles were all fairly easy. Wish I'd waited for the SE now.

littlemom4
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by littlemom4 on Oct 4, 12 10:11 PM
Fantastic!!! A long game. Well worth the buy!! Thanks to the developers for a great game!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Oct 4, 12 11:00 PM

Edited on 10/05/2012 at 4:25:36 AM PST

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Oct 5, 12 3:17 AM
Very good game, but I am not in the right mood to play another sad story! It's on my list, however!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 5, 12 12:08 PM
I have now finished the game. Took me 5 hours for the main game, and an hour for the bonus game.

One thing I can say about this game is that it never gets boring. There are constantly surprises just around the corner.

I loved the fact that I managed all but 2 mini games (didn't care for the one with the constellations - yawn), and most of them were quite unique and really nicely done.

And for those peeps who don't care for a lot of HOS, don't let that spoil the game for you. You can always play Mahjong instead. But make sure you first find the Hummingbird in the HOS before moving over to the Mahjong place.

The graphics were really outstanding, and gameplay was fun and exciting and interesting. Really loved this one.

Possible Spoiler?

I could have done without that sour-faced partner of mine. I knew I should have taken my make-up bag with me, because whenever he looked at me, he looked as if he was looking at the Creature from the Black Lagune. Apart from that, he was just as incompetend as they come. As I always say: if you want a job done properly, send a woman.

ETA: Totally forgot to mention that the hunt for the Hummingbirds and the morphing items ( which for some strange reason are called "Beyond") will continue in the bonus game.

Edited on 10/05/2012 at 2:04:03 PM PST

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Oct 5, 12 8:45 PM
I LOVED IT! Great graphics, not too easy game play neither too difficult. Makes u think a little. Quick hint recharge, can be a bit frustrating, coz it may point u to an area that requires inventory item, when u dont have that inventory item yet! Morphing objects, collectibles objects, hidden scenes are fun too coz its not straight-forward

Its SO......SO....Good!

lionscat
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by lionscat on Oct 6, 12 3:01 PM
I LOVE THIS GAME!! It has everything! Thanks Big Fish!!

JellyRage
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by JellyRage on Oct 6, 12 6:46 PM
Nice graphics for sure...lots to do...maybe too much for my ADD>
Definately LOVE the custom option for the difficulty, and the fact you can change the difficulty at any point during the game!!!!

Edited on 10/06/2012 at 6:46:42 PM PST

damgame
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by damgame on Oct 7, 12 3:32 AM
The developers have nearly got this game right, except those black bars telling you exactly what to do in hard mode. Seriously?? Yes, they are helpful but we should have the option of getting rid of them in custom mode at least. Apart from that a good game.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Oct 7, 12 11:15 AM
damgame wrote:The developers have nearly got this game right, except those black bars telling you exactly what to do in hard mode. Seriously?? Yes, they are helpful but we should have the option of getting rid of them in custom mode at least. Apart from that a good game.

Yes! Agree!! While the developers are fixing the reported achievement count issues, and the other issues apparently related only to PC (see technical issues thread), they should add that feature.

Yes, this game had almost every HOPA feature we enjoy. I noticed the HOS were only changed up 1 time to a "find 20" scenario. No put these items back in the scene, no silhouettes, no use a found item to get the next one mini game type, no fragments. Absolutely not complaining, honest. Just, by the 20th HO scene, I was more than ready to get those last few items playing can't lose, never shuffle MahJong.

This was such a complete game -- wondrous graphics, a story that mixed reality with ancient lore, levels of difficulty, tons of activities, accessible achievements --I truly wanted it to be perfect. I imagine that's why the messed up achievement count, and the journal page from the bonus chapter that showed up while playing the main game, are bugging me so much.

ETA: Not so bugged anymore. New versions have been issued and the Mac achievements glitches appear to be fixed. I totally appreciate the super fast turn around from the devs.

Edited on 10/10/2012 at 10:35:39 PM PST

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Oct 11, 12 5:50 PM
Excellent game. Exceptionally clear graphics. Morphing items to find along with the searching out of Hummingbirds in HO scenes. An interesting story.

Many choices on how you want to customize the game. That should make all fishes happy.

If you don't want to play the HO scenes, you can play Mahjong.

The Developers put a lot of thought and creation into this game. I for one, really appreciate that.

Thanks to the Developers and to Big Fish for supplying the game.

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by NiceZombie on Oct 12, 12 2:02 AM
This was a fun game to play, lots of things to collect, nice artwork and animations and interesting to explore the whole 17th century ship that is cursed by Mayan gods though for a very good reason...
I didn't really care for the Mahjong games but it is a good alternative for people who don't like hidden object scenes; the developers have made a good game!

gwladys99
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by gwladys99 on Oct 12, 12 6:16 PM
Not much more to add as I think most have been covered. A very good game and one you can enjoy without rushing through it.

I liked the idea that you could change from the hidden objects to majong as sometimes you get a little tired of doing one HOG one after the other. Great idea whoever thought it up.

The only annoying thing I found was that the cabin boy looked as if he were foaming at the mouth when talking and his eyes looked as if he were on something......well, maybe he was;-)

Great game, lots of fun. Thank you.

Go to: