lauriedoss
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:Comments for Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits Collector's Edition

[Post New]by lauriedoss on Oct 4, 12 6:04 AM
Not to comment on the game...but Hippo Birdy to DLO! I love reading your posts, just wanted to let you know. Thanks for upping my gaming experience.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Oct 4, 12 6:45 AM
spiritdog51 wrote:Happy Birthday DLO and Shorenuf............it is mine also. Where should the 3 of us go to PARTY??????????

I'm still in my 50's........last number though..........augh!
Happy birthday!

PARTY TIME!!!

[Post New]by Chickadees3 on Oct 4, 12 6:52 AM
Good Morn all

I'm not much for posting but I do love following ya'll. I demo'd this this morn and bought straight away-it has all the bells and whistles, and then some.

I have one question for GingerGal - how often does a BOGOF come around? I haven't been a member very long and haven't seen one yet. Thanx

sapphire46
Manatee
Manatee
3,740 Posts

[Post New]by sapphire46 on Oct 4, 12 7:11 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

OZZIE, SHORENUF, and SPIRIT

Hope you all have a great day

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Oct 4, 12 10:08 AM
I'm in the fence with this game: to buy or not to buy?
For what I understand, only the hummingbirds are in the HO. Are 32 HOS? So many...
By the way Happy Birthday to Lady Oz, Shorenaf and Spirit!!!
Happy gaming !

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Oct 4, 12 11:39 AM
To all 4th October Libra fishies - Happy birthday, and may the Venus be with you...

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Oct 4, 12 12:29 PM
First off I want to comment on the game:
Whoa....way too many HO scenes for me. I posted more in this regard under reviews. I wish I would of passed or found this out first, as I doubt if I will even finish the game. When HO's take over the adventure and you dread going into a new scene because there might be one...not good 's for me.

To comment on the hummingbirds...way too easy.......

And now HAPPY BIRTHDAYTO OUR VERY SPECIAL FISHIES

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Oct 4, 12 5:25 PM
CiChDa wrote:
Whoa....way too many HO scenes for me. I posted more in this regard under reviews.

Whoa...way too much going to and from for me...

Just a day ago you got a whole LAP (Light Adventure Puzzle) game - don't be greedy! I want to enjoy too...

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Oct 4, 12 6:24 PM
Chickadees3 wrote:
I have one question for GingerGal - how often does a BOGOF come around? I haven't been a member very long and haven't seen one yet. Thanx

Great question but I'm not one of the posters who keeps records of these things, I'm sure if you posted a thread in chit chat someone could give you how many and the dates. I did a quick search and know there was one on April 14th for CE and the week before it was for SE. This was for all CEs. I don't want to mislead you with my bad memory but think there might have been 2 wide CE bogof sales in amongst more limited ones (or a lot more?) But honestly don't know as there seems to be loads of sales here, it's hard to keep track!

I think we are due one as it's fall and the last one was spring (?) but that's my logic. I did think there was a more recent one but maybe not!

So a CE being half price or BOGOF I'll take. I just got the latest mystery of anomalies CE for $6.99 last weekend (I think it was). Keep an eye out at weekends or just subscribe to the newsletter which will keep you up to date and make sure you don't miss any good mid week ones as well.

Sorry can't be much help but welcome to the pond.

cichda
Thanks for the information that's so helpful to all, for those who like HOS and for those who don't.

People like different ratios in their HOPAs but it seems like we are on the same wavelength. For my taste I don't mind HOS but like there to be at least a balance between all three. Others like it to be heavy on HOS but light on everything else or puzzles but if I had the choice I'm the exact opposite! But that's what is great about reviews as we get the information to decide if a game is for us or not - so thanks for your review.

I think I'll pass on this game then due to this (not an equal balance and heavy on the HOS), so thanks you've been very helpful.

Edited on 10/04/2012 at 6:42:34 PM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Oct 4, 12 7:39 PM
Shorenuf and Spiritdog - I hope there is enough to go around!

I have just completed this most engaging game - and there were just enough HOS for me.

I am a bit peeved though - I got all of the achievements except the one for not using any hints in the HOS - 17/34.
I did NOT use any Hints anywhere throughout the game.

Did anyone else have this happen?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Oct 4, 12 10:00 PM
DragonLadyOz wrote:
I am a bit peeved though - I got all of the achievements except the one for not using any hints in the HOS - 17/34.

I had this happen as well!!!!! I just posted in it in tech issues. I had the exact same number - 17/34 - and never, not once, used a hint anywhere in the game.

I enjoy HOS, but by the end, even I felt there were too many. I'm not a fan of mah jong though either, so I didn't take advantage of that option.

ETA: playing on a MAC 10.5.8

Edited on 10/04/2012 at 10:03:37 PM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Oct 4, 12 10:26 PM
Hi there Wiljul,
I seemed to remember that when you played a HOS for the second time you didn't receive a "message". Maybe this is the problem - the second time around doesn't count (which would be a programming fault).
I wonder if it was the same for those who completed the game playing mahjong instead of the HOS. It would be interesting to know.
I played on a PC with Windows 7, so it doesn't seem to be a gaming platform issue.
Cheers

[Post New]by Chickadees3 on Oct 5, 12 1:27 AM
Thank u Ginger

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Oct 5, 12 5:34 AM
I passed on this game also as it is "heavy" on Hos. Nice game otherwise.

chiari_survivor
Catfish
Catfish
1,506 Posts

[Post New]by chiari_survivor on Oct 6, 12 12:03 AM
I tried PMing this to Chickadee3 but message did not seem to go through as it is not recorded in my sent file.
Chickadees3-
in response to your question about how often the BOGO free sales come along, you can look up the past history by going to Forums, All Forums, then in Announcements (which is under Game Forums but above Tech Talk)
All membership announcements, sales, bonus punch weekends and game updates are listed there. This tells only the past history of sales, so we can only guess at what may happen. That being said we seem to have sales around major US holidays and BOGO sales are averaging about every 2-3 months.

edited- I posted this and upon exiting the next SE BOGO free sale notice was posted and is this weekend only 6 weeks from the last which was Aug 18.

Chickadees3 wrote:Good Morn all

I'm not much for posting but I do love following ya'll. I demo'd this this morn and bought straight away-it has all the bells and whistles, and then some.

Edited on 10/06/2012 at 12:09:41 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Oct 6, 12 12:43 AM
Hi chiari_survivor,
Your message was probably sent, but you need to remove your older sent files here to see them - check to see if you have 7 pages of sent files. If so, go to the older ones and have them deleted.
You can, of course, copy them into Word documents etc if you want to keep a history of the PMs you sent before you delete them.
Cheers

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Oct 6, 12 11:25 AM
Playing mahjong instead of the HOG the second time around doesn't make a difference. You still get the 17/34 achievement .

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Oct 6, 12 4:29 PM
DragonLadyOz wrote: Shorenuf and Spiritdog - I hope there is enough to go around!

I have just completed this most engaging game - and there were just enough HOS for me.

YES! YES! YES! Please send a report to CS. Briefly, my count was going along just fine, past 17 / 34, I think. When I tried MahJong after that, my count went down to 11. And sometimes the in game achievement window didn't even show up after a completed HOS without hints.

Worse yet -- I just opened the game to see if I too ended up with 17/34 -- I knew it was wrong so didn't pay attention when the game finished. Many of my achievements are now unawarded -- I missed 4 morphing objects during the game -- now it says I'm missing many more. I got all the hummingbirds -- now it says I missed several of those as well. Others say incomplete also.

Anyone else???

This was a quite fine game, but I didn't think I would play it again to find 4 morphing objects. I would still argue the game needs to be fixed. I generally return items I have purchased that do not work correctly. Just because I got to the end of the game doesn't mean I got my money's worth.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Oct 6, 12 4:36 PM
I should have checked back here earlier -- thanks for all the kind birthday wishes, everyone!

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Oct 6, 12 6:01 PM
DragonLadyOz wrote: Shorenuf and Spiritdog - I hope there is enough to go around!

Yes, I did! Numbers in the popout boxes and achievements page don't match. I didn't use a single hint during the game either. I posted such in the technical problems thread and also in the review thread in case the developers came by to read them.

Go to: