bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Re:Post any Farmington Tales technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 14, 12 3:49 PM
Marcie28018 wrote:Great game graphic's but took 2 days to get it on my computer (windows xp) had to re load computer twice to get the game to come up... Trying to play the game the hos scenes took forever to load... just stalling and stalling.... I would have loved to have the game it looked as tho it would have been a good one.
It also messed up my computer until I removed it.... I hope you can fix all the issues with the game.

Hi Marcie28018,

I'm sorry you had such trouble installing and then playing this game!

One possibility is that other program was interfering with the download and game playing correctly. This will happen sometimes with certain antivirus software, for instance. You can read more about that kind of issue and how you can troubleshoot it in our help article here.

Another thing that might help is to uninstall any older games that are still on your computer. You'll be able to reinstall them from yourPurchase History here on the website, and removing them can free up some space and memory that can help your new game run better.

But if you try those suggestions and are still having trouble, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to take a look at how the game is running with your system and work with you directly on some more specific steps. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 10/14/2012 at 3:49:33 PM PST

Marcie28018
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Marcie28018 on Oct 14, 12 11:38 PM
Thank you for your response.. I know for sure my virus protection was not running at the time of trying to download as well as other programs. I just started download and waited....after hours I gave up and tried again the next day.. I think I will pass on this game tho.... It was fun what I got to play, the hour was up in no time so I didnt get to play much due to it not loading.
Thanks again.
Have a great day

[Post New]by jheinig20041 on Oct 16, 12 3:32 PM
Well I haven't been online in a few weeks and had never downloaded the trial to play it, but when I downloaded the trial today it said trial expired Help please, it seems like a game I would probably buy, but I am not buying it without trying it out first!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 16, 12 4:15 PM
Hi jheinig20041,

When a trial ends early like that, it can sometimes help to uninstall and reinstall the game. You can find more information on uninstalling the game here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

Since the game is a trial, you can reinstall it by visiting the game page and clicking the blue "Play Now" button. If you continue to run into problems, please let our Tech Support Team know and they'll be happy to help.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Oct 19, 12 1:10 PM
Is the game supposed to be incredibly slow in loading? In between the tasks it "loads" and it is doing that for too long. How can this be fixed?

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 19, 12 1:20 PM
Hi Nagasse,

Slow loading times can have a few causes, such as other programs open while playing and out of date software programs, for example. Our help article here goes over a couple troubleshooting steps you can try which might work to cut those loading times down:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that isn't helping, please let our Tech Support Team know what's happening and they can look into what's causing that.

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Oct 24, 12 8:46 AM
MarkAlan wrote:Really wanted to purchase this game, but since it hard locked and froze my computer and mouse became un-clickable several times, I can not consider buying it until this is patched.

Hi, Unfortunately I am experiencing the same problem as MarkAlan says in his posting!
I have twice re-started this game (which I was thoroughly enjoying and have spend many hours reaching at least the 2/3 rds stage of the game each time) when it freezes and I have to manually shut down my computer! ie. press the start button until the computer closes. I have already purchased the game and would love to continue and complete it but don't know what to do next. It's very disheartening to get so far into a game only to be 'frozen out' before completion. Please, any suggestions?
Kind regards, Pat_ric_ia x

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 24, 12 10:04 AM
Hi Pat_ric_ia,

I'm sorry to hear you're running into an issue with the game freezing too!

The first thing we suggest with this kind of thing is to try updating your video card, graphics drivers and the programs that handle the display and sound for the game. We go over how to do that in our help article here.

If you try that and are still having trouble, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to take a look at how the game is running on your particular computer and work with you directly to get everything resolved.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Oct 27, 12 2:28 PM
Hi, I am delighted to say that I have followed your 'help' advice, upgraded the things you suggested and have now finished playing the game with no interruptions!!! Wonderful! Thank you all so much! Love from Pat_ric_ia x

CBM25
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by CBM25 on Oct 28, 12 3:35 PM
Was really enjoying this game, but approximately 15-20 minutes into the game, my computer suddenly turned off. didn't think it had anything to do with the game so I started to play again and was happy to find I was able to start where I left off. However, after the same period of time, my computer turned off again and could only turn back on after multiple attempts.
I must admit I'm slightly relieved to find I'm not the only one with issues with this game...

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 30, 12 10:51 AM
Hi CBM25,

I'm sorry to hear this game is giving you such trouble!

From your description, it sounds like the game is going through a kind of crash. The first thing we suggest in that case is to check for updates to your video card and graphics drivers. You can read more about how to do that in our help article here.

If you try that and are still having trouble with your computer shutting down, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They have the tools to see how the game is running on your system and can work with you directly to get things resolved from there.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by bettie77 on Dec 14, 12 4:36 PM
Went to "Bonus" and didn't realize it was for a screen saver. How do I get rid of it?

[Post New]by BethnJulia2 on Jan 7, 13 6:17 PM
When I attempt to harvest something, the image begins to rapidly repeat and continues to do so until I close the game through the Windows Task Manager. What can I do? I'd rather not delete and redownload.

Thanks.

[Post New]by docusmc on Jan 30, 13 8:57 AM
Great game, but...

On the front porch for the first time. Found all objects, except the wristwatch. When I click to get a hint, the bird circles the last vertical rail on the right. There is nothing there. I have tried time and time again,

Help:

[Post New]by lilbitaz38 on Mar 19, 13 3:43 PM
Bummer I really like this game ..How ever it will only show some of the game with ALOT of black spaces and then it goes black screen and will not do a thing .........Is anyone out there able to play the whole game ????.

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Apr 1, 13 7:32 AM
Oh dang drat cotton'pickin' grrrrrrrrrrr

I'd been enjoying this game over several days and I'd got as far as the 3 last upgrades left...when on going to do one of the puzzles I suddenly got a blue screen and my computer told me "Windows has had to close unexpectedly to avoid something-or-other like system instability".

When I rebooted and went back to the game my entire profile and progress was lost

The game HAD been running fine - mostly - although I couldn't zoom out very easily, it went really slow after the first few seconds and once it was zoomed out, the windmill sails went at a snail's pace. Then it took ages to zoom back in again.

I really don't know if I can be be bothered to start all over again at the moment...

and the big question is......would it happen again?

PS docusmc, I had trouble with the watch too, but it IS on the steps almost hidden behind something else (I forget what) and just a bit of the face showing, like a bit of gem)

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Jun 30, 13 3:02 PM
me again........

Thought I would try this game again as I did enjoy it...
got a few hours into it, growing crops like mad, but had only done 2 or 3 upgrades, nowhere near the end, like I was last time .......

when I got a blue screen, saying windows had to be shut down just like last time.

When I rebooted the computer, my profiles had been lost...and I had reinstalled the game today to replay it.

it is very frustrating

don't know why it won't work, Tales of Lagoona worked fine

[Post New]by nstrick on Oct 14, 13 3:35 PM
I just got this game I get to feed the cow and I click at the arrow where it tells me to and it does nothing. You can't quit the game you have to shut down the computer and re-start. I've done this twice and still can't play this game, please help

[Post New]by nstrick on Oct 25, 13 11:06 AM
I think I have a free game for Sept. for buying 6 games for the month. I have lost it on my e-mail. Could you please find out for me and send me the code? I didn't know where to go to find out the answer Please help?

[Post New]by Queen_of_Parts on Jan 16, 14 8:52 AM
Hi, I have installed this game on my Mac, after previously owning the PC version and really enjoying the game.

Every time I go to harvest the bell peppers (only happens with this particular item) the game crashes completely and shuts down.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and all my drivers are up to date. Is anyone else having this problem, and if so, how do I fix it?

Thanks

Go to: