cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

Re:Reviews for Farmington Tales

[Post New]by cat52 on Oct 13, 12 11:00 AM
I like it and have seen many games with worse hidden objects - this set seems about average. What I like the most is the number of things to do. Setting prices on the crops, choosing improvements, winning trophies, etc., gives some depth and replay-ability to the game as well as a learning curve for analyzing what's best to do when.

The time pressure is low to non-existent, which I can see might annoy the hard-core simulation fans but which I actually prefer, not having the reaction time to both play and appreciate the play when under time pressure! You can self-impose some pressure if you wish by trying to meet the hidden object bonus deadlines.

For those used to the latest crop ( ) of adventure-hidden object games, don't expect much by way of story; the basic plot is simple and the quests are more humor than plot.

I didn't like the game showing me where hidden objects were without my asking for a hint. In most cases I knew where they were - I was taking time to look for those gems!

[Post New]by llwilliams43 on Oct 13, 12 2:32 PM

Edited on 10/14/2012 at 5:42:56 AM PST

One of your post has been edited

[Post New]by azrebelgirl on Oct 13, 12 8:28 PM

Edited on 10/16/2012 at 1:58:42 AM PST

barbieh11
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by barbieh11 on Oct 14, 12 4:09 PM
I don't post often, but I wanted to post about this game. I love it! Thanks so much to the development team who made the game.. the creative team and Big Fish for releasing the game. I have not had this much fun with a PC game in awhile. I love the combination of sim activity and puzzles!

mamaduke63
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by mamaduke63 on Oct 18, 12 6:24 AM
Love this type of game, bought right after the demo was over

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Oct 19, 12 2:56 PM
Tips for people demoing the game:

You move around by clicking and dragging your mouse. Check out everything early on.

At the center bottom of the screen is your shed where you buy stuff. There are three tabs for Farming, Animals, and Buildings. Notice that each of these scrolls to the right. Check out all the cool stuff you can buy. Just because an item is listed first doesn't mean that's what you want to buy it first.

Whenever you plow a field, plant seeds before you move to another field. You get information prompts for fields that need to be replowed, watered, or harvested, but not for plowed fields that need to be planted.

Remember that animals need to be fed and fields sometimes need to be replowed, so keep a little money on hand.

Relax and have fun. I've been playing this game for over 36 hours now and haven't yet reached retirement for Floyd and Dahlia, so it has a lot of bang for the buck.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Oct 21, 12 1:41 PM
Most people commenting here, already gave a pretty good review, so all I'll say, is...
what a very quaint little farming game. Really quite different from the usual ones, and with this one, you can play at an enjoyable pace. I love the rushing against the clock type games too, but once in awhile, it is nice to just savor the moment, and with this game, one can do just that.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Oct 22, 12 12:46 PM
I have been playing this game on and off since it was released and I am really enjoying it .

This is one of those games that you can pick up and play no matter whether you have only 5 minutes to spare or 50 minutes because you can see at a glance if anything needs watering or harvesting and those little symbols that appear on the screen are a godsend not only for this reason but because of all the scrolling round and round the farm they save us doing and my mouse hand really appreciates that .

Thanks for a good game devs but next time please don't make some of the gems the size of a pinhead .

Cherb

ETA ...

I knew there was something else I wanted to say but actually there are two ...

There is one thing that I really do not like about the game and that is the game trying to hurry you along after a very short time of inactivity by making one of the items still to be found sparkle. If I have been interrupted in real life for a couple of minutes or I am looking for those minute gems I don't want the game finding items for me that I haven't even look for yet. Invariably the item that sparkles name is not one that starts with the earliest letter of the alphabet which is what you would be looking for in order to earn the bonus so please devs remove these sparkles because if we are stuck we will use the hint button.

The other thing is that I have just purchased a 24" widescreen monitor and I am delighted to say that the game filled my screen without me making any adjustments at all . Sorry Valdy, I don't know why it didn't work for you .

Edited on 10/23/2012 at 5:58:18 AM PST

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by NiceZombie on Oct 25, 12 2:05 AM
This was a fun game to play; I loved upgrading the farm and taking care of the crops. The hidden object part was fun too because of the various little tasks, it made them more interesting. In the end I had every single upgrade and then finished the main part. Then I retired the old couple, but not with all trophies, the only trophy I didn't get was the ''find 2000 objects'' one and the ''collect all trophies''. But I didn't feel the need to get those because the game was already finished (and retired)

I enjoyed this relaxing game a lot!

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Oct 27, 12 2:39 PM
Hi all, I've just finished playing Farmington Tales and although I experienced many problems at first (game freezing 2/3rds of the way through 3 times) I contacted the technical support section and followed their advice. I needed to update some things (well actually my son updated for me!) and 4th time lucky! Whoop whoop!
What an obsessive game! I loved it (although Manny repeats himself too often for my liking) and really got into the whole experience. I actually felt responsible for the animals and crops welfare - get a life or what! No, it's not really like that as I just had to feed the animals, clear the produce, water the crops then gather the ripe stuff and plant new seeds - and when I say had to I mean HAD TO!
I liked the fact that it was possible to skip the games (at a price) when I was feeling I couldn't be bothered any more but most of the games were enjoyable and 'do able' except the mine field one. I have never liked playing that game and so skipped it every time.
Didn't get the feeling of satisfaction when the game finished that I had expected (after all my hard work) but I think I'll play it again at a later date.
Off to bed now!!! Lots of love to all you fishes, Pat_ric_ia x

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Feb 9, 13 3:31 PM
Review based upon finishing the story with 5 achievements to go.

Floyd the Farmer had to take up a loan to finance treatment for his ill wife, and caring for her put the farm into disarray. Enter the bank who wants the loan back, and fast. The only solution? Win Farmer of the Year!

The Good:

+ long game
+ very cute
+ Rusty (at least that's how I named him) the Golden Retriever
+ humorous cast and quests
+ lots to do: ploughing, upgrading and repairing the farm, selling crops
+ rudimentary economic system
+ varied puzzles that got harder and harder...

The Neutral:

o ...although not as many as in Tales of Lagoona

The Bad:

- two access errors (second one could be ignored)
- Minesweeper without telling you how many mines there are is a no-go
- game ended before I was able to do all the quests

Bottom Line: A very cute game that you - apparently - also can lose. Less variation makes it slightly below the quality of Lagoona, but there is more to do on the farm than at the orphanage.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on May 1, 13 8:17 AM
I guess I'm going to be the only "downer" review on this one. I found the game confusing and got really bored with all the HOS. The scenes were REALLY cluttered..so much more than others which I usually don't mind, but these were even just a little short of crisp and clear which made it very tireing amd frustrating trying to find items.

I did not find it as enjoyable or smooth as games like Gardenscapes. Too much going on and instructions not really clear...I don't mind a few HOS but this one is full of them....so, sorry not for me..

[Post New]by MusicalRose on May 5, 13 1:39 PM
I absolutely love this game. It uniquely combines so many of my favorite game genres (e.g. hidden object + time management).

I request that the developers make this game available for Macs and also for iPads... for now, I'm stuck playing the online/trial version. I want to give you my money and be further addicted to this game!

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jun 5, 13 11:55 PM
I like games like this, but not sure I'll buy this one as I can't figure it out, maybe it's just me. But sitting on the fence right now because there are other games I might like better as they come down the chute.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Oct 14, 13 10:01 AM
I like this game. Though I'm not a big fan of hogs, this one has enough unique things to keep my interest. I like that it's kind of relaxing to play but also engaging.

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on Aug 8, 14 1:47 PM
Absolutely adorable. Clean, simple and fun.

Go to: