bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: Four Aces Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 11, 12 2:37 PM
Hi Jen,

I'm sorry to hear that your saved game was lost. As mentioned in my previous post, if that happens again, please don't hesitate to let our Tech Support Team know what's happening so they can get to the bottom of that. We definitely want you to be able to save your game!

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

smck325
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: Four Aces Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by smck325 on Oct 11, 12 2:39 PM
I have been having trouble with this game. The first time I played the demo, it went through the opening scenes, but when I hit play, all I got was the inventory, help, etc. and the rest of the page was black. I deleted this from the game manager and tried again. This time it seemed to be fine so I was off to buy! Now it is downloading the rest of the game and it has been 2 hours!! I have never had that before. It usualy takes max 20 minutes. Has anyone else had this problem. New computer running windows 7.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 11, 12 3:05 PM
Hi smck325,

I'm happy to hear you were able to get the black screen problem fixed! As for the download taking some time, you can view our help article here that has some basic troubleshooting steps that might help with that slow download:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If that's not helping, please let our Tech Support Team know what's happening and they can look into that for you further.

Happy gaming!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by Solange_Kat12 on Oct 11, 12 4:28 PM
Hi, I've only had this problem with Mystery Trackers: Four Aces CE game, it's never happened to any other game. I do use a MacBook Pro with OS X Lion 10.7.5, so maybe that's it, but when I start the game everything is fine until I get to the cinematic scenes, where they won't play, I have the sound effects and words at the bottom, but no picture, it's just a dark screen.

Then when I get past the initial scenes and have the monologue of the detective, the scenes flicker black, constantly, without pause. When I get to the main screen with play, options, bonus, etc... I click play and more black screen flickering as well as missing words now. I can't get any info on mini-games on how to play them, when the magnifying glass shows up and I click the spot, I know there are words, but it's just a black band, the cinematic scenes are choppy as well, elf doesn't appear in my inventory or flickers and the girl, from the beginning doesn't even appear on my screen. HOS where you have to find more than one of an item sudden disappear from the box and I have to guess how many I have to find and just click all over the screen.

Has anyone else had this problem, it's really annoying and makes this game impossible for me to play.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

ARETHORN
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ARETHORN on Oct 11, 12 5:12 PM
Same problem as every one else got message to go to shop to buy stuff for elf and then went back into game when it froze and i got a black screen.Had to ctrl/alt/del to get out of game.Relaunched game from desktop to discover i had to restart from beginning again.This is the first problem i have had with a elephant game so i hope they can sort this problem quickly as a was really enjoying this game.I am also running windows 7 on a laptop that has just been serviced and have had no problem with any other games.A way to restart game and will try this time with the special effects turned off to see if this makes any difference.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Oct 11, 12 5:36 PM
I went in to continue the game and got a black screen. I did alt, control, delete, but when I went back in the game started over from the beginning instead of where I had left off.

SabreQueen
Clownfish
Clownfish
658 Posts

[Post New]by SabreQueen on Oct 11, 12 5:40 PM
I've never had a problem w an Elephant game so was pretty well sold, but decided to trial 1st. Good idee. Even after turning off the custom cursor AND the Special Effects I still found it very slow and jumpy. I have a feeling I may be better off w just the Standard Edition.

Had to turn off the wide screen too. Why would I pay 4 something I haft reduce so much to even play?

Yep will wait for the SE

Edited on 10/11/2012 at 7:07:07 PM PST

[Post New]by flutterbyz24 on Oct 11, 12 5:53 PM
I got the access violation too. I refuse to deal with this. I'm not paying for a CE that won't run correctly. Guess this will be a no look - no buy for me.

sixmilecoss
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by sixmilecoss on Oct 11, 12 5:55 PM
is anybody having any trouble getting the dinosaur in the HOS in the lair? I have all the pieces in place but it won't let me pick it up. I clicked on the hint button to see if I had missed a piece but it just goes straight to the dino.

pilimai729
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by pilimai729 on Oct 11, 12 6:04 PM
I was all the way into the bonus game when I got the save game was corrupted and file was deleted. Prior to that, there were a couple of times, (in the bonus), that I couldn't access my inventory, but after quitting, and going back in, game played. Now, however, I have to play regular game and complete it again, in order to play bonus game.That is really the pits. I think I'll wait a couple of months, before doing that, when it won't seem so repetitious.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Oct 11, 12 6:48 PM
Well, you can add me to the folks experiencing the black screen and Error: Access violation at 0x004072C7 (tried to read from 0x00000088), program terminated. I have tried twice. Second time with a fresh restart of computer. Both times I had to use the Cntrl, Alt, Del to exit Mystery Trackers. The second time, I checked to see if I could open the strategy guide which I could but once I hit the menu to try to see if I could uncheck the special effects to see if that was causing the problem the program locked up (black screen in background).
I hope a fix comes out for this since this is one of my favorite game series and morphing objects.
I look forward being able to play soon.

[Post New]by twinkles20039 on Oct 11, 12 6:57 PM
Hi I found a glitch in the first three minutes of the game, the key to open the gate is missing, i have uninstalled and reinstalled, its still missing, its suppose to be on the ground with the wallet.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Oct 11, 12 9:21 PM
I'm having a problem with the music. I was playing in the lab. in chapter 6 until now, (11:00 pm for me), and all of the sudden stopped the music and a horrible sound started.
I'm not going to uninstall it now, is very late, but tomorrow, I'll do so to know what is happening. Hope I'll be playing NORMALLY!!!

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Oct 11, 12 10:50 PM
Spent the day and the night at the National Fair, and came home to relax, lol, and found I can't access this game from the desk top icon, either. When I tried, I got a message that the game mgr couldn't be accessed. That is a new one on me. So, I opened the game mgr, and couldn't access it there either because "there is another game running". Lo and behold, the game is now up...weird.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Oct 12, 12 12:16 AM
@ BFGSeine:

Just letting you know, that I was able to replay the game without any hassles, after losing my saved data first time round. I did hold my breath a bit at first, but nothing else went wrong - yay!

I don't know if it was a glitch in the game itself, or if my computer was just playing silly fellas, but I will be watching my games rather carefully for a while, lol.

Jen

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 12, 12 4:14 AM
Hi Fishies,

Solange_Kat12 - When you have trouble viewing a Mac game, there are some steps you can take, which are detailed in the help article here.

flutterbyz24 and Poof11 - you can find some help on dealing with an access violation error message here!

For those of you experiencing performance issues, have you tried the advice in the following help article here, to see if there are any updates that you can run?

I would recommend trying that as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement.

In terms of the 'corrupt save file' and 'black screen', if you have tried the advice aleardy offered, my best suggestion would be to reach out to our Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. They will be able to provide a much more specific troubleshooting for you!

Of course, that option is open to all - if you need more personalized help, please be sure to let us know.

Thank you for working with us,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 10/12/2012 at 1:13:24 PM PST

Koffie99
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Buying the game

[Post New]by Koffie99 on Oct 12, 12 6:39 AM
Can you tell me why the 13.99 price changes to 16.65 when I'm ready to pay?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 12, 12 6:42 AM
If you're not in the US, your country's VAT is added at purchase.

Kickmoney
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Kickmoney on Oct 12, 12 7:15 AM
In one of the hidden objects scene, I need to change the colors on the ladder, but one of the rungs is missing. Can not finish without it. I checked the guide and it was there. Any suggestions? I would hate to unistall it.

Busanee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Busanee on Oct 12, 12 7:15 AM
I just bought this game for my Mac and it is not working properly. The screen is constantly flickering. Plus the information for the mini-games are blank and the dialogue is missing. When I play the HO scenes all the stuff blanks out that I have finished but it does not move on. I really like the Mystery Trackers Series and ( hind sight is 20/20) and bought the game without playing the demo, but it should still have worked. Is anyone else having these issues? Please can we have a quick fix.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled it already...any other suggestions?

Go to: