Re:Reviews for Mystery Trackers: Four Aces Collector's Edition

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Oct 11, 12 10:45 PM
Some of us actually like trolling through 'junk piles' to find things, lol. Not many hogs have only a few items in their hos, and those games that do those are kind of a let down. Can't find lots of items if there are only a few to start with. I guess some of us just don't mind the clutter, lol.

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Oct 12, 12 7:50 AM
Love love love Elephant Games and this one is no exception. Of course a must buy.....the only decision is whether to go with the CE or wait for the SE.......

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Oct 12, 12 11:08 AM
Another great game from Elephant and like so much about it. Like that it has a map and you can see where you are and what tasks you have to do, graphics are great and the music has a spooky feeling to it. Storyline is a little bit different and the creatures that have been created are great. Like that little dogie and frog that pops up to give you hints when you need to know what and where you can find the next clue. Give this game a 4 out of 5 stars..

ausbill
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by ausbill on Oct 12, 12 3:50 PM
mystery trackers. thank goodness for elephant games. just the best devs. every game is enjoyable, hints are great if you want to use them. i just love elf and toad..pity not all games are as easy to navigate. just love them. thanks a heap.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Oct 12, 12 5:14 PM
Well, I was about 6 minutes into the game and decided I would purchase. As always, Elephant has come through with a major winner. I have the other 3 Mystery Tracker games and loved them all. So far, this is my favorite, even though it tossed me out of the game with an error message. Never had Elephant do that before.

Anyway, love little Elf. Exceptionional graphics and music. Like the combo of morphing animals and need to find something else. Very nice HOGs and games were quite fun. Very helpful hint system and SG, very clear.

I am going to purchase this game, but will wait to see if there is a fix to the problems they are having first. I hope so, I'm hooked...

As always, try it out for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games, but this one is well worth the price of admission. Thanks for the reviews.

[Post New]by robinbobbin on Oct 12, 12 6:54 PM
I liked the previous Mystery Trackers games very much. I played the trial on this one and I'm just not sure it's worth buying the CE. I checked the strategy guide and it said there were 8 chapters, plus the bonus chapter. Based on the chapter titles I was well into chapter 3, possibly starting chapter 4 when my hour ran out. Now, because I had limited time, I did skip some of the cut scenes, but still; 1/3 of the game finished in an hour?? Not a good sign.

I also didn't really like the shopping for dog stuff, because the items seem to have no relation to the game. There's a whole category of HO games that have 'redecorating' or 'building' between HOS instead of mini-puzzles; really hoping that trend doesn't spread any further. However, in this game it's pretty easy to avoid so that's fine.

I played on casual mode because there are a few puzzle types I just cannot do, and when I find one I want to skip it immediately. In this game that didn't seem likely to be a problem as the puzzles were very simple. Sometimes too simple; on more than one occasion there were locks to be undone with the combinations already written on them. It's possible that they actually change the difficulty of the puzzles and HO scenes with the higher difficulty levels, rather than just delay hints or remove skips and sparkles; but if so this would be the first I've seen.

The graphics were very well done, as usual. I did not have any trouble with the graphics in the HO scenes, they looked great to me. More than once I didn't find an object right away because it was BIG and I was looking for a teeny item.

So, I'm torn. I'll probably wait until the SE comes out so I can check the walkthrough and see how far I really got. Then I'll see if there's a sale or a reason to pay extra for the CE.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Oct 12, 12 8:36 PM
Checklist
1) Great graphics
2) Collectibles: Scary animals
3) Coins: Buy treat for the small chua hua hua
4) Bright scenery
5) Lots of interactive play areas within HOS
6) Great storyline
7) Cute characters: Missing
8) Quite difficult puzzles: LOVE it, slightly more "brainy" puzzles are my favs, sorry I didnt use strategy guide (Coz why kill the fun) and had to skip some of mini puzzles)

WOW! Another great collectors edition under the Mystery Trackers series. SO its having a bundle sale at 2.99 per game under this series!!! Shout! Scream! Hyperventilate! BUY BUY BUY

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by Poutoule on Oct 13, 12 2:22 AM

Edited on 10/16/2012 at 5:58:52 AM PST

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Oct 13, 12 12:21 PM
In my opinion, this is another success for Elephant Games, who, together with Blue Tea, have to be the best developers right now at producing consistently great casual games.

The graphics are clear and bright, the cut scenes very well done (some make you jump a little, which can only be good). Real actors in games is something I always welcome and I enjoyed the interactive elements in the H0S, of which there aren't too many. I counted 15 in the main game and 3 in the bonus chapter.

Having a 'teleport' map is always handy when you're tired of running backwards and forwards. This one tells you what your next objective is in each area and gives you a thumbnail photo of the location. Teleportation is instantaneous - no time lag in waiting for the screen to change. The animal mutations are cute and funny and some are morphs. As well as the ever-cute toad and Elf you have another helper in the form of a fire salamander.

I will say that some of the scenery reminded me a lot of Raincliff. It almost seemed copied from that game, albeit in terms of layout only, not graphics per se.

The Dog Shop, where you cash in your poker chips to buy goodies for Elf, is a nice touch, though ultimately a bit pointless.

I also like the fact that there are four difficulty levels, from easy to fiendish, to ensure gamers of all levels are catered for.

All in all, another winner in this great series.

janey3315
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by janey3315 on Oct 13, 12 10:01 PM
Well I came in here before purchasing while my demo was downloading...because i love morphing objects is what drew me right away to this game ..

I loved the demo when i finally played it. I had to have this game. Maybe I should have waited for the SE but I didn't. I haven't played the bonus content yet but just finished the game. I was impressed even though it was very easy. I liked it because of the videos and the actors making the story line so much nicer to not have to read alot when you're trying to enjoy your game play.

I didn't use the strategy guide as i love a challenge (I rarely ever use it on any game). The puzzles and hos were on the easy side but there was lots and lots to do in this game.

I loved the map. It lets you jump from place to place making your trek a bit nicer. I know there are some out there that like to trek back and forth but it really wastes time.

The morphing objects were very obvious...couldn't miss them...i like a bit more of a challenge finding morphing objects but I still loved the concept in this game with the animals.

And I especially loved the cute dog Elf...and yes i loved shopping for him too...i bought everything but one item before the game ended...maybe i can continue shopping in the bonus contect...idk?

Mischie
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Mischie on Oct 14, 12 12:47 AM
I loved this game, only complaint is the poor lip syncing

janey3315
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

I seem to be the only one who didn't like it! (spoilers)

[Post New]by janey3315 on Oct 14, 12 4:04 PM

Edited on 10/17/2012 at 3:37:42 AM PST

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Oct 16, 12 9:03 AM
this was a great game, we loved it and now wait for the next one.--------doug & lisa

boogweez
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,280 Posts

[Post New]by boogweez on Oct 18, 12 2:09 PM
Just finished. IMO, wait for the SE. Bonus play didn't add anything as the game was rapped up in the main body. Still all and all, I enjoyed it.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Oct 19, 12 9:14 AM

Edited on 12/03/2012 at 10:40:17 AM PST

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Oct 19, 12 4:58 PM
Wonderful game! Best they've made so far - but I always say that when they release a new game. I think they should drop the live actors but other than that it's great. Definitely worth the CE price!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Oct 20, 12 8:36 AM
Tiger2010 wrote:In my opinion, this is another success for Elephant Games, who, together with Blue Tea, have to be the best developers right now at producing consistently great casual games.

The graphics are clear and bright, the cut scenes very well done (some make you jump a little, which can only be good). Real actors in games is something I always welcome and I enjoyed the interactive elements in the H0S, of which there aren't too many. I counted 15 in the main game and 3 in the bonus chapter.

Having a 'teleport' map is always handy when you're tired of running backwards and forwards. This one tells you what your next objective is in each area and gives you a thumbnail photo of the location. Teleportation is instantaneous - no time lag in waiting for the screen to change. The animal mutations are cute and funny and some are morphs. As well as the ever-cute toad and Elf you have another helper in the form of a fire salamander.

I will say that some of the scenery reminded me a lot of Raincliff. It almost seemed copied from that game, albeit in terms of layout only, not graphics per se.

The Dog Shop, where you cash in your poker chips to buy goodies for Elf, is a nice touch, though ultimately a bit pointless.

I also like the fact that there are four difficulty levels, from easy to fiendish, to ensure gamers of all levels are catered for.

All in all, another winner in this great series.

Totally and utterly agree. These two developers are way ahead of the game.

janierae
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by janierae on Oct 20, 12 10:18 AM
I usually don't review games, but this is one of the best, most fun games I have ever played. It has everything. Made me smile at times, startled me at times, just an all around great game. The little dog was great! All his body moments were so realistic, like his wagging tail and scooting in and out of places. So much fun!

Thanks to the developers. I am patiently (ha) waiting for the next Mystery Trackers.
I fear this game quality has spoiled me.

Five Stars without a doubt.

[Post New]by whirled_peas on Oct 20, 12 5:41 PM
Absolutely loved this game. Played it all over again immediately. Interesting the way extra coins are kinda' optional in that if you miss them - it won't hold up your progress in the game. I love dogs, but the dog sounds got a little annoying after awhile.

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by NiceZombie on Oct 22, 12 3:45 AM
Fantastic game !!!

I love the Elephant Games, they are so high-quality made! The art, graphics and sounds are crystal clear. I loved watching all the animations, and especially the dog, very cute! It was fun playing with him and buying all the stuff in the dog Shop The puzzles were great, not too hard, and nice hidden object interactive scenes. Lots of things to do, and no glitches. Great Hidden Object Adventure game!

Loved the bonus videos, and the sneak peek for the next game, can't wait!!

Also, that Russian girl is really pretty

Edited on 10/22/2012 at 3:46:35 AM PST

Go to: