shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Re:Comments for Hidden Mysteries: Gates of Graceland

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Oct 13, 12 3:26 AM
sassylassie wrote:Hey Shadow nice to see you too! Yep everything is fine on this end . You better stay safe missy

Gmac I would love to see them in concert. If they broke my car window with one of those cannons, I swear I would never get it fixed. Just put a sign over it "AC/DC did this, will not fix" lol. My souvenir. If they tour I would fly anywhere to see them. You all have fun.
Hey Sassie... well I'm Back in Black... outta sight! No AC/DC fan here... LOL They totally rock!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Oct 13, 12 3:28 AM
LOL Edmee and Lackoo... I never cared much for Elvis either but, he opened the door for some great rock and roll bands who were much influenced by him, for that, I'm grateful...

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Oct 13, 12 5:53 AM
Reading all these comments is a lot of fun. I was never really an Elvis fan. He was WAYYYYY before my time. I have enjoyed and had fun with some of his songs and have always wanted to see Graceland so it's interesting how folks that have been to Graceland are saying it is pretty accurate. I think I'll download this and at least give it a try. I was the youngest of a whole slew of kids so my Dad could've been my grandpa, if ya know what I mean. It was my Dad that was the Elvis fan in our house growing up. I liked the Bay City Rollers when I was 11 and Depeche Mode when I was in college but Elvis is quite an Icon still!

ETA: Okay I came back to add that I tried this game and I really, really tried to like it. I think that anything Elvis just PERSONALLY makes me so SAD because the most monumental thing about his life was death and the way he died, no direspect to him at all. BUT I was about 7 when that happened and my Mom sat me down and told me how that man that I thought was rather unattractive and couldn't understand why people went wild changed music in her day and how he got involved in things he shouldn't and explained all THAT to me and so as I am playing the game and trying really hard to enjoy the beautiful Graceland Mansion Grounds via the game I just got sadder and sadder til I started to cry and I had to just delete the game. I can't play it. It's not for me. The younger, happier Elvis was never a part of my life due to the fact of when I was born and I just can't TRY and make it that way. I just remember the signifance of his DEATH and my mom explaining how bad drugs were for me and and that they could kill me and I was 7 and it really SUNK IN because I"ve never tried drugs so I owe that to Elvis Presley. Thank you for being a good example of how not to be and I mean that with all due respect, but I just can't play the game. It made me depressed and then the tears.

Edited on 10/13/2012 at 6:45:45 AM PST

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Oct 13, 12 7:22 AM
This game is definitely not difficult, but....I will most likely buy it because of the "subject matter".

Elvis' music spans such a large range all the way from gospel to rock-and-roll. He did open a lot of doors for future musicians in many ways, ie his appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show, etc. He did prove that someone from an humble background could "make it to the big time" which inspired others to try. I saw most of his movies - not for the acting (which definitely wasn't good!) but to hear his beautiful voice in his singing. Lots of his songs had "stories" to tell....In the Getto, American Trilogy, You Gave Me a Mountain, and more.

It may have been that he was "at the right place at the right time" but his talent certainly didn't hurt. For me, a major factor was his unabashed love for his mother.

I believe most people either "like" or "dislike" Elvis and his music - not many are ambivalent. I am one who "likes", and will never forget the concert I attended.

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Oct 13, 12 7:29 AM
On the BFG front page it shows this game getting 5 stars with great reviews... strangely, our forum doesn't reflect that same rating. Very strange indeed.
Strategic marketing?

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Oct 13, 12 7:34 AM
Not being a huge fan of Elvis, I didn't think I would like this one but I really do and think it was done very well. I really liked all the other ones these Devs have done and this is no exception. Have fun All!!!

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Oct 13, 12 7:41 AM
I love Elvis's music but I'm sorry but I found this game boring. It's full of HOs which I'm not crazy about. I can't put my finger on why I found it boring except for it just wasn't that interesting to play. No buy here. Plus the demo was really short. I had 22 minutes left and the game ended.

hannah233
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by hannah233 on Oct 13, 12 8:28 AM
Im a gr8 fan of Elvis--but--------this game Boring! Its missing something. Oh well.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Oct 13, 12 8:49 AM
I've never been an Elvis fan but absolutely think this game is fantastic.

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Oct 13, 12 9:50 AM
Just popped in to see if anyone else noticed something very interesting about this game that gives it replay value. My hubby likes Elvis so decided to give the game a try. Every HOG and find these objects in the puzzle were all different then mine.For me that means I will probably hang onto the game for a time and replay. Nice touch Devs. Had not seen this done to many times before and really like that they took the time to do that for us.

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on Oct 13, 12 10:33 AM
hi fishes love this game . it has all that we exepct from this dev if you dont like hog it may not be for you this my kind of game . you have to stop &think what next.yes love the scens of raceland are well done.i think if Elvis were a live today he would like it as well. this is abuy for me love the music &old time movie/tv shots thanks dev keep up the great work i like the door puzzle itss just one of many fun ones in this game this game can give those who dont know Elvis what he really was like in mho thank you bf you made my day have fun fishes more later

LuckyKK
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by LuckyKK on Oct 13, 12 11:15 AM
I, for one, loved Elvis. I remember sitting in a drug store where they had Elvis' "One Night" in the jukebox. I played that record over & over & over. I think I just about wore it out. That's my favorite song. Although there are So Many great songs that he had. Loved them all. Although, I must say, that I didn't scream when I saw him in concert. I actually got angry at the other girls who were screaming, because I couldn't hear him. As soon as I saw this game, I thought - GREAT !. I definitely am going to try this one, & no doubt buy it. Just for the movies, & Graceland. I was at Graceland every year I took my mom & dad on vacation. We'd sit & talk to his uncle Festus ( I hope I'm remembering his name right- it's been many, many year ago. He even pointed out Elvis' car one time when the gates were closed because Elvis was home...they were driving past. I was vice-president of the Elvis Jr. fan club, & I could have called & gotten invited into his house for his party....but I was too shy to do so. Needless to say, I've regretted that ever since. I have pics of me & Elvis' cousin standing in front of Elvis' jukebox in his backyard & my legs dangling over the side of his pool. We were going to visit his dad when he was in the hospital one year when we went there, but just as I was parking my car, the wheel popped, & we had to call a towtruck to get it towed & get it taken care of, & we never went inside. Although I did meet his dad & stepmom, one year I was taking pics in the back, this of course was at the time when people weren't allowed in the back, but with the friendship we had with Festus, I was. Anyway, they told me I could come in side the porch area they were sitting in to take the pics, & of course, I said 'that's alright', like an idiot. Always regretted that also. I saw Priscilla also, actually passed right by her. She was coming from the garage. I saw every Elvis movie also, except I thing there were some later ones that I did miss when I got older & was married. Sorry about carrying on like this, but it does bring back some good memories.. Thanks devs for that.

Edited on 10/13/2012 at 11:29:11 AM PST

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Oct 13, 12 11:44 AM
I own all of the Hidden Mysteries games and this one will be added to my collection. Plays really well and the puzzles I've come across so far are good, and HO scenes nice and crisp looking. A couple of variations to go along with the normal find by list which is always a nice change in a game.

I've just been laughing at some of the comments and reviews and those that are saying they won't buy because they're not into Elvis - I wonder how your purchase history looks - what are you into? I'll bet there's at least one creepy hospital, dirty dungeon, mad maniac etc., LOL. And it always makes me laugh when someone says there are too many HO scenes in an HO game especially a Hidden Mysteries game.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Oct 13, 12 12:46 PM
JulieJay wrote:
I've just been laughing at some of the comments and reviews and those that are saying they won't buy because they're not into Elvis - I wonder how your purchase history looks - what are you into? I'll bet there's at least one creepy hospital, dirty dungeon, mad maniac etc., LOL.

Oh, you got me there .... my list is very degenerate.

[Post New]by 50plusgamer on Oct 13, 12 1:12 PM
Ok I didn't even try this. To me there is something slightly tasteless about making a game around a real person who died within living memory of at least some of the people who play computer games. I can recognise the very large contribution he made to music and I am sorry that he died in a rather tragic way but "Elvis worship" seems to be almost a cult and not a very healthy one at that. Just a personal opinion I wouldn't ever want to stop any adult playing games just because I don't like them.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Oct 13, 12 1:19 PM
Shadow, you are right. When I am up late and download Thursday's CE on what is to me still Wed night, I always think that that Fri is Sat night in terms of what is supposed to come out, lol. I am looking forward to the black widow one, as well

barbaralbb
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by barbaralbb on Oct 13, 12 2:31 PM
I'm sorry - I just find this game a bit creepy..... And this from a person who enjoys all the haunted house, evil doctors/hospitals, vampires, plagues, etc, etc.....

I would just get into the game when up would pop a video of Elvis or a figure of Elvis and it just creeped me out. Guess I like my games on the fantasy side and not based on real things. Same sort of thing happened to me with some of the Titanic games.., just could not get past the "reality" of the situation.

Well, that's just me and I wish happy gaming to all fishies who liked the game!

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on Oct 13, 12 3:15 PM
just want to saythank you juliejay you are so right about thehidden object part what you said is so right on good one. have a great weekend fishes on count down for ce that comes out at 2 am my timealmost here lol

[Post New]by Spirit_of_Auron on Oct 13, 12 4:19 PM
I just played the demo of this myself, and will be putting it on my to buy list. I think it's a great game. I wasn't born durring the time of Elvis(was born long after his passing) and I think this is a very interesting game, i like how they show a little info on his life, and the whole plot so far.

And while I may not have been born during that time, I do like some of his songs, and i have researched a little on him, I just find this game to be one way I personally can see Graceland since i've yet to go(though I want to) and I like the music played in it.

(and at julie jay, I have a ton of D&E games, lol)

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Oct 13, 12 4:40 PM
Hi Elvis Fans,
Ok even though I am not in the age bracket as some of the others posting, I still love his music and I still think there is not a more handsome man in the world than he was. This is not because I idolize him that is silly, I just am stating the fact he was a handsome man with the most soulful eyes.

I bought the game because I always wanted to go to Graceland and could not. I also love the video footage and the game is not boring for me, just setting up the camera's I had to keep hitting hints until I saw what the Game Developer wanted us to do.

The demo is not 60 minutes long I had 11 minutes left. It is refreshing to play something I do not have to review and regret later. I would never buy a game about Ozzy Ozborne or ACDC.

Elvis's storyline about a secret song written to his Mom it is a touching storyline. I admit the hidden object screens need interaction but in this case I did not buy the game for any other reason but the storyline and learning more about Elvis and seeing his house. I forgot to add I used my coupon for it.

I am editing this I forgot to mention no one has a better voice than Elvis did, and when he sang the songs you felt he was part of the lyrics actually living the song. It is more than he was handsome.

Edited on 10/13/2012 at 4:59:59 PM PST

Go to: