Re:Post any Haunted Halls: Revenge of Doctor Blackmore technical issues here only

[Post New]by sarigamer on Dec 31, 13 6:47 AM
Hi,
I have sent a support query off but thought I might pop a post in here in case someone had an easy fix, a search (both here and google) has not helped.
It is: Haunted Halls 3 - Revenge of Dr Blackmore

I have just purchased my wife a new MAC notebook (the 25" retina display) and she is unable to get this game to work, I work in IT but my MAC skills are limited.
Game downloads and shows no issue when installing, but as soon as you run it, we get a crash (not even a splash screen) this is the same if I try to run the game from within your launcher or directly from the applications folder.

Part of the crash screen is:
Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
terminating with uncaught exception of type std::logic_error: basic_string::_S_construct NULL not valid
abort() called

(I can post the whole bit if needed) I have tried one tip of changing the resolution but this did not help, FW is also off
Any ideas?

Edited on 12/31/2013 at 6:48:22 AM PST

lumimat
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Halls: Revenge of Doctor Blackmore technical issues here only

[Post New]by lumimat on Jan 10, 14 12:48 PM
Hi sarigamer

My game was working fine on my MacBook until I installed Mavericks. Then the same thing happened that you describe. Turns out the game (and most games by ERS) are not compatible with Mavericks.

I've talked to Big Fish and Apple and there's nothing they can do (outside of wiping your computer clean and reinstalling everything, this time without Mavericks.) It's up to ERS to come out with an update to make their games compatible with the new OS.

It really, really sucks. I wish I had never updated to Mavericks.

Doctor9fan
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Doctor9fan on Apr 23, 14 11:51 AM
I have the same problem on my iPhone, game refuses to unlock even though I was charged, if I try 'already downloaded' it tells me there's not purchase found but trying 'purchase' I'm told I've already bought & would I like to redownload which choosing yes just gives the 'purchase is being processed' message. I had to get a refund but would like to play this game.

Doctor9fan.
jonpritch wrote:Hello,

I played Revenge of Dr Blackmore and went through the unlock process. After lots of attempts and waiting for hours (re installing etc) all I get is the message '' purchase is being processed right now''

I have an IPAD 2 running IOS 7.0.4

I have been charged by itunes now.

I have also tried the 'already purchased' button but still get the same message 'purchase is being processed right now'

Please help!!!

I love the game so far and want to play the rest of it.....

Jonathan.

Go to: