Re:Post any The Game of Life technical issues here only

[Post New]by l3roken on Oct 25, 12 3:08 AM
1-no full screen is annoying. Changing resolution does not help, moving task bar does not help. Cannot see bottom portion of the screen where all the dialog is displayed.
2-Blocks and lines and 1/3 of the wheel are all I see, no game board, not the full wheel.
This game is impossible to play when you can't see any of it!

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Oct 25, 12 3:19 AM
Hi Fishies

We're sorry that the screen resolution is causing you troubles to play. The game was built this way so for those who are trying to change the resolution, it's the way the game was set.

For the others, who are encountering differents types of display issues such as line, blocks, blurry images or sections missing there is definitely some troubleshooting steps that you might want to try. This help article can provide you with the basic steps: Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen .

If the issue persist though, you can contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page, one of our Reps will be happy to help you.

Good luck.

bfgTokoro

Edited on 10/25/2012 at 3:20:26 AM PST

[Post New]by shelbylynn on Oct 25, 12 9:32 AM
I have been a member of BFG for a few years now and this is the first time i am writing something, only because i am really getting tired of being told that this is the way the game was made, and there is nothing we can do to fix it. You know that is not a very good way to keep customers. There are many of us who pay for our membership every month and pay to get games that we like, how can you as a company sit there and expect people to buy such a poorly made game that can't even be played. I have tried this game myself and had the same trouble as everyone else on here...and it has nothing to do with resolution or how it was installed...it has to do with the crappy way it was made. this has happened to more than a few games and yet you still sit there and tell us basically "oh well nothing we can do about it". what kind of way is that to run a business.

[Post New]by mominoregon on Oct 25, 12 3:41 PM
I am having issues with not being able to click on anything, like investments or profile. whats up with that?

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 25, 12 3:49 PM
Hi shelbylynn,

I'm sorry to hear that the game isn't enjoyable. We always try to help where we can, and the best way to provide information to us with technical problems in the game is to contact our Tech Support Team. If an issue is inhibiting gameplay, or causing problems for players, we can work with developers to correct those problems and ensure you have a better gaming experience.

mominoregon, if you're not able to click on any menus or buttons, it may help to update programs like Adobe Flash and Shockwave, as well as your video card driver. You can find information on doing that here on our help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that's not helping, please let our Tech Support Team know what you're experiencing. They're happy to help, and hopefully they can get that working for you quickly!

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Oct 26, 12 11:28 PM
I was so looking forward to this game but as most everyone has said the issues with viewing it make it a no buy before I've even gotten a chance to try it. Heck I got stuck in the settings page and couldn't get out! I'm completely shocked that BFG is letting these games on their website...what happened to some quality control?! It's basically unplayable for many of us in it's current state and frankly in this day and age of technology it's ludicrous that this should be considered an acceptable way to present a game. New builds are required of some games with major issues and this should be one of them.

firestone1960
Flounder
Flounder
2,309 Posts

[Post New]by firestone1960 on Nov 6, 12 10:00 AM
Had downloaded this demo the day it was released, and finally got around to playing it today.

The no full screen was the first problem.
The second was the bottom of the game window was under my task bar.

*...hmm, okay, move the task bar to the side of my screen...ah, the game window is not the proper size...okay, let me play a few minutes to see if I like it then I will uninstall 'cuz surely, there is a new build fixing this problem.*

Imagine my surprise to come in this forum and find that the game was made that way, and...I guess, there are no plans to correct it.

I guess the game is aptly named...

The Game of Life - you know, where nothing works like it supposed to or you wish it to, and when questioned, TPTB state that's the way it is. ...and we all know that life's a bi**h...so's the game!!! lol

Beans123
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Beans123 on Jan 1, 13 3:39 PM
I'm on a mac. I had no problem downloading the game or having it view at full screen.

However, the problems I found in many instances there is text missing from many of the instruction windows. It will say something like: Congratula you are now a lawy.

I was actually able to play a full game in the free hour play. However, my screen started to act funny at the very end. No where else did I experience this until the very end of the game. It just stopped drawing the animation properly. So I had to quit and reopen.

And although I've completed the game, the other opponent keeps having to spin but he never reaches the end and he was ahead of me. So that just didn't make sense to me. Can't say I will buy this. Maybe it's because I remember playing the actual board game, and this just doesn't compare. But there are some technical issues that need to be resolved.

Edited on 01/01/2013 at 3:42:40 PM PST

[Post New]by lianster on Jan 7, 13 4:15 AM
my computer had all the systemrequirements but I keep getting your openGL version is too low.
what can I do to play this game?

lianne

[Post New]by lianster on Jan 7, 13 8:41 AM
mominoregon wrote:I am having issues with not being able to click on anything, like investments or profile. whats up with that?

I have the same problem. why is that?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jan 7, 13 11:47 AM
Beans123 wrote:I'm on a mac. I had no problem downloading the game or having it view at full screen.

However, the problems I found in many instances there is text missing from many of the instruction windows. It will say something like: Congratula you are now a lawy.

I was actually able to play a full game in the free hour play. However, my screen started to act funny at the very end. No where else did I experience this until the very end of the game. It just stopped drawing the animation properly. So I had to quit and reopen.

And although I've completed the game, the other opponent keeps having to spin but he never reaches the end and he was ahead of me. So that just didn't make sense to me. Can't say I will buy this. Maybe it's because I remember playing the actual board game, and this just doesn't compare. But there are some technical issues that need to be resolved.

Hi Beans123,

With display issues like you describe, the first thing we suggest is checking for updates to your video card, graphics drivers and the programs that handle those aspects of the game (Adobe Flash and Shockwave). We go over how to do that in our help article here.

If you try that and it doesn't help straighten things out, please get in touch with our Mac Support Team. They have the tools to see how the game is running on your particular system and will work with you directly to get things resolved from there. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jan 7, 13 12:01 PM
lianster wrote:my computer had all the systemrequirements but I keep getting your openGL version is too low.
what can I do to play this game?

lianne

lianster wrote:
mominoregon wrote:I am having issues with not being able to click on anything, like investments or profile. whats up with that?

I have the same problem. why is that?

Hi lianne,

It looks like you're running into a couple different issues. Since your second post talks about being in the game, I hope everything was resolved with the first error message!

The second issue seems to be a kind of game freeze, and we do have a help article that goes over some troubleshooting steps you can try:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you try those and things are still not working - or if you'd like some help with the openGL error - please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to really delve into things and work with you to get the game playing correctly. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Jan 9, 13 3:23 PM
The full screen thing really didn't bother me, but the blank wheel did. I had no idea what number came up! Sometimes it showed the numbers, but most of the time it didn't. Too bad - would have bought. Guess no one else had this problem?

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on May 10, 13 1:37 PM
One thing that really bothers me about this game is that say you land a 10 on the spinner. Sometimes the player will not move the correct spaces.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 2, 13 2:18 AM
Hi metmichallica,

I am sorry to hear that!

So that we can get to the bottom of this for you, I would encourage you to get in touch with our Tech Support Team, attaching a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report.

This will allow them to make specific suggestions and provide a much more personalized response than we can provide via the Forums.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by evilqueentalise on Oct 19, 13 3:30 PM
Guys...the solution is simple. I'm running on windows 8 and the games bottom part of the window is hard to see and the buttons are inaccesible because of the task bar. If that is your problem you just have to move your task bar to another position. Just right click your task bar, click "lock the taskbar" and then you should be able to move it into another position.

Isa40
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Isa40 on Oct 16, 14 7:22 PM
evilqueentalise wrote:Guys...the solution is simple. I'm running on windows 8 and the games bottom part of the window is hard to see and the buttons are inaccesible because of the task bar. If that is your problem you just have to move your task bar to another position. Just right click your task bar, click "lock the taskbar" and then you should be able to move it into another position.

Nice idea, but mine goes down beyond the bottom, so moving the bar only showed a little bit more, but still not all of it.

Go to: