bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

Re:Comments for Unfinished Tales: Illicit Love Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bella81762 on Oct 27, 12 7:40 AM
wow what a awesome dev....to be so on top of things.....my curser was floating the game recognized that,,,and asked on its own if i want to disable the special effects....

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Oct 27, 12 7:55 AM
An absolute must buy for anyone that plays this type of game! It has it all! Since there are soooo many good reviews and comments already I just wanted to put in my 2 cents

As I said in my other actual review ELEPHANT GAMES! ENOUGH SAID!

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Oct 27, 12 8:05 AM
I always love Elephant games. You know you are getting a good quality game and this one is no exception. Beautiful graphics and fun game play. What a way to ride out the storm.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Oct 27, 12 8:09 AM

pp | pp pp pp pp pp pp p p ppp r
pp | pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp p pp pp pp p
pp | pp pp p pp pp pp pp pp pp p pp pp ppp
pp | ppp pp pp pp pp pp pp p pp pp pp pp ppp
ppp / pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp ppp
pp | pp pp pp pp pp pp pp p pp pp pp pp pp ppp
pp | pp pp pp pp pp pp p pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp | pp pp pp p pp pp pp pp i pp pp pp pp r
pp | p pp pp ppp p pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp r r r
pr /| pp p pp ppp p p p pp pp p
pp | pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp p pp pp
pp | pp pfp pp pp pp pp pp

p

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Oct 27, 12 8:11 AM
stopped to buy,,,one major complaint tho..........

thumbalina thumbalina pretty little thing,,,,thumbalina dance thumbalina sing

is so stuck in my head right now.......lol

seriously tho...this game is so great, i am sitting here just moving my mouse all over the screen to discover what xtra special treats the devs made for us,,

was a little confused on one of the achievements, (50 wrong interactions) figured it out tho mouse over for answer ( so i clicked the hog scene 50 times,,,nope, then i took one of the interactive items and put it where i knew it didnt belong, 50 times.....that was it )

maps, achievements, collectibles, gorgeous graphics, diff story, and elephant usually gives great length.....what more could you ask for

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Oct 27, 12 8:20 AM
bella81762 wrote:wow what a awesome dev....to be so on top of things.....my curser was floating the game recognized that,,,and asked on its own if i want to disable the special effects....

bella, I had forgotten about that! You're right, EG is on top of things.

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Oct 27, 12 8:43 AM
Morning All! Couldn't agree more with everyone.Elephant never lets us down and seems to just get better and better with each new offering. Thanks Devs and Big Fish for giving us another wonderful game.Happy Gaming All.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Oct 27, 12 8:52 AM
This really is a delightful and entertaining game. I've been playing on and off for a few hours now and am very impressed with the variety of locations and unique puzzles. I've had various inventory items, but never the one I needed and there's always a new adventure just around the corner, requiring lots of trips back to previous locations. There's a bit of head scratching involved at times wondering where to go next to find such and such, but it's a fun challenge. When I first read 'Thumbelina' I thought it might be too childish a story line or too hokey. Boy, was I wrong! EG gets the once again... thoroughly enjoying this game.

Edited on 10/27/2012 at 8:58:14 AM PST

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Oct 27, 12 9:36 AM
Will someone who's played it for a while please comment on the ratio of HOS to puzzle/adventure elements? The HO screenshot is really putting me off even trying this... I don't like HOS much, and I despise junkpiles. If there are a lot of junkpiley HOS, I'll wait for it to be a DD, LOL.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Oct 27, 12 9:58 AM
phatkhat wrote:Will someone who's played it for a while please comment on the ratio of HOS to puzzle/adventure elements? The HO screenshot is really putting me off even trying this... I don't like HOS much, and I despise junkpiles. If there are a lot of junkpiley HOS, I'll wait for it to be a DD, LOL.

there are not a lot of hog scenes phatkat,, more adventure then hog,,,,and the ones there are, are nicely done and interactive,,,,(i also do not like a lot of hog scenes..

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Oct 27, 12 10:10 AM
phatkhat wrote:Will someone who's played it for a while please comment on the ratio of HOS to puzzle/adventure elements? The HO screenshot is really putting me off even trying this... I don't like HOS much, and I despise junkpiles. If there are a lot of junkpiley HOS, I'll wait for it to be a DD, LOL.

On chapter 5 now, and the ratio is: 1/9 HOS, 4/9 puzzles (hate them all, and skipped almost immediately), 4/9 adventure.

If there wasn't a map and SG - I wouldn't buy it, in spite of the stunning graphics. Too small number of HOS for me.

Satisfied?...

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Oct 27, 12 10:38 AM
Elephant games Yay ! Bought it, love it. All the good things have already been said by the expert reviewers. Nice surprise for a Saturday.

leslieboyd
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by leslieboyd on Oct 27, 12 10:43 AM
I played for 3 seconds... then exited to buy. Beautiful game! Love the sound effects! Elephant sure is thoughtful! and it is appreciated. Thank you BIG FISH!

spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

[Post New]by spyque on Oct 27, 12 10:52 AM
I was intrigued by the title of this game. I read a review and was made aware that this is an Elephant games game. OH, I knew right there and then that I HAD to have this game!

Alas, it will have to wait as I only have game codes and no credits. (and I can't, yet, get CEs with just free game codes and such.)

But I sure can trial this thing like a ravenous animal and wait for the SE. (maybe.... payday is around the corner.....)

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Oct 27, 12 11:08 AM
I did a beta for this game and been waiting patiently for it to come here. I thought it was great and now off to buy. I sure didn't recognize it's new name the beta was just named Thumbelina

Edited on 10/27/2012 at 11:09:59 AM PST

[Post New]by gamebug822 on Oct 27, 12 11:46 AM
Thanks, Cherbtoo, for the lovely pachyderm! May I ask what the "slippers" are made of, teabags?

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Oct 27, 12 11:51 AM
sunshinej wrote:I did a beta for this game and been waiting patiently for it to come here. I thought it was great and now off to buy. I sure didn't recognize it's new name the beta was just named Thumbelina

Thanks to you and others I knew elephant was coming out with thumbelina but didn't think it was this game and when I saw this game I nearly didn't even bother to download it due to that awful looking HOS but thanks to a review mentioning elephant I'm trying it now (but still not buying it straight of) but it seems with the comments it's their usual great standard and loads of adventure and their typical not many HOS and a sale on ( ) Hopefully it will be a buy and have a great game to play this weekend.

OK OK, I know even I will fall of my chair in shock if I don't buy it.

edit - Well that only took 5 mins to buy it. Talk about keeping it different and fresh and so different from each other games. Different style of graphics for a change. Was panicking for 2 mins as I thought they were giving us a CE without any collectables (like grim tales) but glad to see they did and achievements.

The only thing I hope is they learned from royal detectives and gave us a decent length bonus. I'll soon see.

Edited on 10/27/2012 at 12:07:25 PM PST

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Oct 27, 12 12:17 PM
gingergal wrote:
sunshinej wrote:I did a beta for this game and been waiting patiently for it to come here. I thought it was great and now off to buy. I sure didn't recognize it's new name the beta was just named Thumbelina

Thanks to you and others I knew elephant was coming out with thumbelina but didn't think it was this game and when I saw this game I nearly didn't even bother to download it due to that awful looking HOS but thanks to a review mentioning elephant I'm trying it now (but still not buying it straight of) but it seems with the comments it's their usual great standard and loads of adventure and their typical not many HOS and a sale on ( ) Hopefully it will be a buy and have a great game to play this weekend.

OK OK, I know even I will fall of my chair in shock if I don't buy it.

edit - Well that only took 5 mins to buy it. Talk about keeping it different and fresh and so different from each other games. Different style of graphics for a change. Was panicking for 2 mins as I thought they were giving us a CE without any collectables (like grim tales) but glad to see they did and achievements.

The only thing I hope is they learned from royal detectives and gave us a decent length bonus. I'll soon see.

wont be that soon,,i bought at 8 bfg time and am still in the main game.....love it

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Oct 27, 12 12:34 PM
thanks Bella - great to know. They usually give us really long and quality games. An unexpected elephant game and a sale - sigh

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Oct 27, 12 12:52 PM
gamebug822 wrote:Thanks, Cherbtoo, for the lovely pachyderm! May I ask what the "slippers" are made of, teabags?

Hi Gamebug, welcome to the Game Forums

I'm glad you liked my picture .

No they are not teabags sweetie but mp3 players although we use them as mobile phone icons too in chit-chat corner.

If you click on the face above the reply box you will see all the emoticons that we have available for use and will see that the only suitable ones were the or and I thought the looked best.

If you are now wondering where I got the icon from it is actually one of the avatars here (click on the Forum Rules and FAQ line under your profile on the right and it will show you them all). Being new you are a but, if you make another 54,993 posts, you will actually morph into an ... posting in the word games will help you get there faster should you wish it to strive for that cute rank .

I hope you are enjoying this game as much as I am .

Cherb

Go to: