lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Re:TGT - Elizabeth Find MD: Diagnosis Mystery

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 13, 09 6:22 AM
Ok, I didn't even play 15 minutes of the demo before I uninstalled. I *have* to have a game that I can interrupt, so when "windowed mode" gives me something that takes up my full screen vertically I always test by exiting and getting back in again (because I've seen too many of these games that creep up higher each time I do that until the minimize button doesn't show any more). It was visibly higher after the first time but the minimize could still be clicked. I didn't repeat my usual 6 times because the **** intro isn't skippable. Gah.... if I can't minimize, and have to put up with a full minute of intro every time I start the game.....

at that point I was saying "well perhaps this weekend I could play it anyway", so I started the first case. That hospital scene is just not what I consider to be fun. I found it stressful. That's me. I never wanted to be a doctor.

I'm sure there are lots of fishies who like hospital scenes. At least the scene wasn't all dark.

edit: yes I know about Alt-Tab. I always have too many windows open for that to be a decent option. Since I have a widescreen monitor I could hope that the window stays far enough to the right that I can reach the "clear the desktop" icon too.

Edited on 02/13/2009 at 6:53:35 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 13, 09 6:28 AM
Thanks PB, I like your reviews too and usually if you like a game so do I so I demoed and have now bought it.

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Feb 13, 09 6:34 AM
Oh oh.. Mission Control.. we have a problem.. !! I just paused the game to go out and have a smoke.. and when I tried to resume... it did nothing.. none of the buttons worked.. not even the help... I had to control, alt, delete to get out of it and re-open the game...

Anybody else have this problem... ?

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 13, 09 6:39 AM
Not so far CH but I haven't been back to it yet. Try playing again and pausing and see if it happens again.

comicseller
Flounder
Flounder
2,254 Posts

[Post New]by comicseller on Feb 13, 09 7:51 AM
Thanks Poodle,
I always read your reviews YOu do a great job at them. I downloaded the demo and will try it later today.
Jackie

[Post New]by orlandomiki on Feb 13, 09 8:32 AM
When I can't even make it off the first level I know the game is not for me.....When you ask for a clue it doesn't really show you where it is and I'm not even sure it is in the area....Played round 1 twice and both times used a clue for the same item....Deleted the game because I don't know what the heck a Heartbeat Reflux is...A BIG THUMBS DOWN.....

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Feb 13, 09 9:20 AM
This game here reminds me of the t.v. show that starred Dick Van Dyke and his son in Diagnosis Murder. His son played the police detective and Dick Van Dyke and his two sidekicks would go out and find clues to who did the crime. And then close to the end of the show it would all come together and they would arrest the suspect. There's a similarity in this game. The blond doctor plays like the role of Dick Van Dyke and Elizabeth and Stephen play that male and female doctor. Just a thought.

Sassy

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Feb 13, 09 9:25 AM
Try using your stethoscope for the heartbeat reflux. Syringe for liquid samples and the petri dish for solid samples.

LordKalvan you can skip any scene you want to. The skip button is on the bottom right of the screen. You probably don't see it being in window mode. I just did it. I clicked on the skip button during the intro scene and it did skip it. When they are talking you can skip through that too and just go on with the game.

Sassy

Edited on 02/13/2009 at 9:33:46 AM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 13, 09 10:41 AM
I didn't see any Skip on that one minute intro when the game first starts up (where it's showing the different characters). Perhaps it's too far in the bottom corner for me to see? I already deleted it so I can't check for it without downloading again.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Feb 13, 09 10:43 AM
I tested this game elsewhere and thought it was GREAT! I was waiting for it to come out here and am VERY glad it did! I am a medical person so it probably has more appeal for someone with my background. However, although some of the objects were ridiculous, I thought it was a very fun game and that these just added appeal for non-medical people. I did comment in the review on one really strange medical inconsistency I found (but won't say because it would be a spoiler), but don't know whether they changed it. Will see in a few minutes I hope.

The TV show that this game made me think about almost immediately is House. House is always having his team go investigate places where he thinks he might find clues about his patients' illnesses, and this seemed a lot like that to me. I didn't experience too much difficulty with hotspots as I recall...it's been a few days now...and don't remember needing to use a lot of hints either. I'm sure I used a few as I wanted to get as far as possible in the review time. I tried to test for replayability in the review but was unable to because that version wouldn't allow me to choose another username. Even with its oddities, I thought it was a great game and REALLY liked the fact that it gave the opportunity to actually "perform" certain medical procedures! Can't wait to download it here and know for sure it's getting one of my 2 currently outstanding credits.

spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

[Post New]by spyque on Feb 13, 09 10:50 AM
I played it and ran out of time. (drat!) I really liked it. I may have to buy it. Dying (no pun intended) to see how the first mystery goes as well as the others!) I like the theme (not a doctor but I did work in a hospital kitchen and I love that old show Emergency.). for me.

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Feb 13, 09 11:14 AM
I bought this game and am really enjoying it. Right now, I'm on the second case. However, every time I exit from the game, I get a message that my display driver stopped responding but has recovered. So far, I'm still able to play the game but I wonder if anyone else has had that happen?

I don't like the mini games where you have to hurry up and do this before that happens, but I just skip those. I really do enjoy the other mini games. And I also enjoy examining the patients. Okay, so I'm easily amused but there you have it.

It is annoying that it has a long introduction and there is no way to skip that, however, it's not that big a deal to me. Just a minor annoyance.

NONONONONO
Manatee
Manatee
4,085 Posts

[Post New]by NONONONONO on Feb 13, 09 11:35 AM
Haven't had any technical problems with this game, and I have to say, I really like it. I like almost all of the aspects of it. Many different types of HO in there... Nice original story. Kinda reminds me of House. I would however like a clue as to what they mean by audio clues. All in all, great game, gonna have to pony up a credit.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Feb 13, 09 11:53 AM
orlandomiki wrote:When I can't even make it off the first level I know the game is not for me.....When you ask for a clue it doesn't really show you where it is and I'm not even sure it is in the area....Played round 1 twice and both times used a clue for the same item....Deleted the game because I don't know what the heck a Heartbeat Reflux is...A BIG THUMBS DOWN.....

Those items are in a different color (red, I think) and that means you have to use something in the medical bag to get the item. In that instance, you use a stethoscope for both of them by putting it in different places on the patient.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Feb 13, 09 12:31 PM
I had the same problem with the hot points -- clicked several times on an object, thought I was wrong, used a hint, and it was the same object I had been clicking on.

I didn't like the "personalities" of the people involved. It seemed like they were trying to copy the TV show House, what with the nasty doctor in charge, the investigating stuff, and the whining. It just left me with a bad feeling, which is not what I'm looking for in a game.

I wanted to do the injection site mini game, but it gave so little time to follow the veins that it wasn't even worth trying for me. It would have been fun if they had not had a timer on that one.

Oh, and I had to laugh. In Case #1, the patient wakes up for a few seconds and says something about the babies and the nursery, but a short time later the doctors are conjecturing that maybe he doesn't speak English at all, maybe that's why he didn't understand them. He was speaking English to them, so why they considered that an option didn't make sense to me.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Feb 13, 09 2:11 PM
My bad Lordkalvan. I thought you meant where they were talking to one another. Anyways what I did for the injection part where the dye had to go to the different organs was this. Before the game started I took my notebook out drew the organs kinda sorta similar to the actual ones, and then drew the lines to what syringe it went to. But a lot more straighter line then what was in the actual game. That way when the organ flashed, I looked on my notebook and quickly saw what syringe went to that organ. Completed the mini game.

Sassy

[Post New]by winniePee on Feb 13, 09 2:18 PM
Hi everybody, I downloaded this game, it plays ok, Does anybody know how many levels this game has?

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Feb 13, 09 2:42 PM
winniePee wrote:Hi everybody, I downloaded this game, it plays ok, Does anybody know how many levels this game has?

Don't know since I only played the demo, but there are 3 patients I believe. I heard that it takes about 2.5 hours to play if you are a HO fan.

Edited on 02/13/2009 at 2:43:23 PM PST

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Feb 13, 09 2:51 PM
Way to go, poodlebear! My sentiments exactly on everything you said. I enjoyed the game for the most part, but the beetles and centipedes -- come on now! But all in all the game is good and I especially liked the game of trying to get the blood cells cleaned and sucked up in the syringe, the MRI was good, too. Keep 'em comin' BF.

blingykins
Shark
Shark
13,353 Posts

[Post New]by blingykins on Feb 13, 09 3:01 PM
can't get this to work for me

Go to: