Empty Mind

paula3522
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

Re:Empty Mind

[Post New]by paula3522 on Nov 13, 12 12:38 PM
I have killed the werewolf and done with the quest. I go into the inn and the man just keeps saying ...again? and the girl won't talk to me to let me spend the night to let my party be full. Any suggestions?

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Nov 13, 12 12:51 PM
The Revenant is not in the Northeast Corner, they are random & moving. If you are in the Northeast Corner walk South until you are in the Southeast Corner move 10 steps West, go North until you are at the top of the screen, move 10 steps West, go South until you reach the bottom of the screen, go west 10 steps & back to the top of the screen & continue going from where you reach the top to bottom moving 10 step farther West each time.

This is a Side Quest, completing it is not required to finish & does not change the ending.

Edited on 11/13/2012 at 1:10:22 PM PST

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Nov 13, 12 12:54 PM
Paua3522,

Use the Space Bar or Enter to talk to the women. Mouse doesn't seem to work across the counter.

txmimi
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by txmimi on Nov 15, 12 8:23 PM
I have read and appreciated all these posts about the maddening dark maze. I have killed two of the creatures, but seem to be stuck in a loop. I am at the far west edge, midway down the map. I can move about 9 steps due east, but cannot go north or south from any position along the way. Back and forth, back and forth is all I'm able to do. This is no longer fun. . .

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Nov 15, 12 9:06 PM
Have you tried using the arrow keys instead of the mouse ? I use a gamepad that plugs into a USB port & never had any problems. When I was looking for the Magic Card, I saved in one Save Slot before I went in & saved in a different Save Slot until I got out to make sure I found the card before I ran into the Revenant but never got stuck like that. When some people flew into town & couldn't get the bat out, Tech Support said that Uninstalling then Re-installing the game should clear up any files that got mixed up. you can try that. It won;t erase your saved files, I just tried it to see.

Edited on 11/15/2012 at 9:20:50 PM PST

Bellsprout
Salmon
Salmon
2,692 Posts

[Post New]by Bellsprout on Nov 17, 12 10:37 AM
ganonsbane wrote:The Revenant is not in the Northeast Corner, they are random & moving. If you are in the Northeast Corner walk South until you are in the Southeast Corner move 10 steps West, go North until you are at the top of the screen, move 10 steps West, go South until you reach the bottom of the screen, go west 10 steps & back to the top of the screen & continue going from where you reach the top to bottom moving 10 step farther West each time.

This is a Side Quest, completing it is not required to finish & does not change the ending.

I'm still not finding the third revenant after trying many things. From the Southeast corner I can take a maximum of eight steps West, counting a step as one time pressing the left arrow key gently. Your directions imply at least 20 steps from East to West, so I must be counting wrong. Can you enlighten me, please?

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Nov 17, 12 10:57 AM
Bellsprout,

The only way to count steps is to watch the leg movement of the character but I would guess the Black Area to be 100 steps by 100 steps. If you walk from the edge when you get to the center your position stops changing but your legs keep moving, like the ground is moving underneath you, then you move away from the center to the other edge.

Edited on 11/17/2012 at 11:32:05 AM PST

Bellsprout
Salmon
Salmon
2,692 Posts

[Post New]by Bellsprout on Nov 17, 12 11:26 AM
Thanks, ganonsbane. My eyesight isn't good enough to count the character's steps, but I'll try using your 100x100 guess as a new way to try.

paula3522
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by paula3522 on Nov 18, 12 5:23 PM
ganonsbane wrote:Paua3522,

Use the Space Bar or Enter to talk to the women. Mouse doesn't seem to work across the counter.

Thank you!!

txmimi
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by txmimi on Nov 19, 12 6:37 PM
My characters are completely stuck in the middle of the screen! The legs move quickly, but they do not change positions at all. I am totally ready to scream!!

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Nov 19, 12 8:47 PM
If your characters legs are moving, you are not stuck.

The Area shown on the screen at any time is 12 steps high x !6 steps wide. The Black Area is about 100 steps x 100 steps. When you are not close to the edge, your character is in the center position like the surface of the black area is moving beneath you. Since there are No Markings in the black area, it creates an Illusion Of Not Moving. If you go far enough in one direction, you will get to the edge & can follow the directions I posted earlier.

Hope that explains it,

Edited on 11/19/2012 at 9:05:25 PM PST

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Nov 20, 12 5:42 AM
If you exit Whedon & walk around on the world map, the character will stay in the center of the screen with the map moving underneath him so the character appears to be moving. He is always in the center of the screen unless you have the bat & can fly to the edge of the screen.

The Black Area must be about the same size as the world map but without markings or designs. When the characters legs are moving & he's in the center of the screen, the Black Area is moving beneath him. It's not obvious like on the world map because there are no markings which makes him appear to be stationary.

That's the best I can explain it,

Edited on 11/20/2012 at 5:45:21 AM PST

txmimi
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by txmimi on Nov 21, 12 12:47 PM
This is the most confusing, most entirely frustrating thing I've ever tried to do in an RPG game. Ganonsbane, I know you're trying to help, but it's as though I'm reading a foreign language. . . it makes no sense to me at all. I've killed two of the creatures, and I'd really like to get the 3rd one and be done with it, but can't find my way out, much less find the 3rd one.

And, by the way, what does fly in on the bat mean?

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Nov 21, 12 2:04 PM
Later, in the game you get a bat for transportation from island to island. What I said was with the bat, you can fly to the edge of the world map.

I'm guessing that you saved inside Erika's Mind, don't have an earlier save point & don't want to Re-start the game. The only thing I can tell you is to start a new game. You don't have to save it. Just play it for 10 minutes. Play it long enough to leave Le Fanu & get on the world map. Then watch as the Character stays in the center of the screen with the map moving underneath her. Then once you see it you'll understand. The only way to know the exact size of the Black Area would be to watch Simona's feet & count the steps. My eyes aren't that good. I think it is the same size as the world map. If I;m correct it is 8 times as high as what you see on the screen & 6 times as wide.

Try this. Go North don't quit until she moves from Center Screen to the Top. Then go South, she'll move back to Center Screen, but keep going South until she moves from Center Screen to the Bottom. It may take 20 or 30 second to go from the Top to Bottom. Try counting while she is moving.

Hope that helps,

txmimi
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by txmimi on Nov 23, 12 7:55 PM
Well, I think the game itself felt sorry for me. . . I made it to the southeast corner by just continually pressing the down and then right arrow keys. As I was trying to count the steps west and north, as I understood you to say earlier, poof, the creature appeared just above me. So, I was at long last able to complete that side quest. I'm not sure I'd have begun it if I'd have known how completely weird it was. Thanks for trying to help!

Nancy56789
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Nancy56789 on Jan 9, 13 6:15 PM
I've defeated two monsters and found the card and I am stuck in the black room.. I've gone North and East and South and zigzagged. Let's face it. This is not a fun quest and I would urge any and all game developers to NEVER put another quest like this in any of their games. Up until now, I loved Ashes of Immortality. Now I want to chuck it off my computer.

Nancy56789
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Nancy56789 on Jan 9, 13 6:40 PM
I have decided to restart the game and not do this quest. I have also posted a review that warns players not to do this quest. And I gave the game 4 stars and said it would have been 5 stars if not for this quest.
Running around in a dark room for hours without finding the last monster is not my idea of fun.

[Post New]by sidstoke123 on Jun 29, 13 7:39 PM
gojojogo wrote:I have been wandering around town trying to find the little girls house again, or even the way out! can anyone point me in the right direction?

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jun 30, 13 6:54 AM
Find the Merchants,(The exit from this screen Is only 1 step wide), then go to the bottom of the screen. Head East walking above the rooftops to the Southeast corner of the screen & Exit. You should see a man in an alley wearing a red bandana, Erika's House is East of him.

HTH

Edited on 06/30/2013 at 6:55:19 AM PST

[Post New]by floppyman on Aug 27, 13 11:30 PM
Its really very simple. Just keep heading in any direction, u may seem stuck, but if you keep pushing the direction button long enough, the character starts to move, do that north ,south, east ,west, but long enough, the ghost will itself come to fight with you.

Go to: