snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

Re:Comments for Journey: The Heart of Gaia

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Nov 8, 12 3:02 PM
gailweis wrote:Perhaps someone can help me out here. In reading the reviews, the commenters stated there were no hidden object scenes, only puzzles. But it is advertised as a "Hidden Object Game" as follows: Hidden Object Game - After being kidnapped, Liz must free the Underworld from the tyranny of Scartaris Umbra..

??????

Thanks!
Gail

I can't speak for everyone but when I think of a hidden object game, it usually includes separate scenes where all you do is find items on a list provided, sometimes with interactive parts. Finding needed objects along the way on your quest is also considered hidden object, which this is, but it's really more of a puzzle game. I think most of these games can be considered a mix of hidden object/puzzle/adventure.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 8, 12 3:06 PM
The description is wrong. It's not a HOPA but an Adventure Lite.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Nov 9, 12 2:09 PM
I love this game. I like the looks of the graphics. It's hard enough to make me think but easy enough to not need a walkthrough. I did have to skip a couple of puzzles because I just couldn't get them (didn't realize there was a walkthrough). I just peeked at the walkthrough to see how much I have left. I've been playing a total of 6 1/2 hours and still have the last chapter to go. Like this better than most of what I've been seeing in the past few months including the CE's.

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Nov 9, 12 3:01 PM
snapnhiss wrote:
gailweis wrote:Perhaps someone can help me out here. In reading the reviews, the commenters stated there were no hidden object scenes, only puzzles. But it is advertised as a "Hidden Object Game" as follows: Hidden Object Game - After being kidnapped, Liz must free the Underworld from the tyranny of Scartaris Umbra..

??????

Thanks!
Gail

I can't speak for everyone but when I think of a hidden object game, it usually includes separate scenes where all you do is find items on a list provided, sometimes with interactive parts. Finding needed objects along the way on your quest is also considered hidden object, which this is, but it's really more of a puzzle game. I think most of these games can be considered a mix of hidden object/puzzle/adventure.

Thanks!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Nov 9, 12 11:26 PM
hydrogibbon wrote:I love this game. I like the looks of the graphics. It's hard enough to make me think but easy enough to not need a walkthrough. I did have to skip a couple of puzzles because I just couldn't get them (didn't realize there was a walkthrough). I just peeked at the walkthrough to see how much I have left. I've been playing a total of 6 1/2 hours and still have the last chapter to go. Like this better than most of what I've been seeing in the past few months including the CE's.

HI hydrogibbon,
I agree with you most "counts" (I'm not sure of my time in the game and wouldn't check to see if there was a WT).
Just when I thought I was getting closer to the end ... another twist/chapter would present itself.
Great fun and great value.
Cheers

MaryLiLamb
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by MaryLiLamb on Nov 10, 12 6:20 PM

??????

Thanks!
Gail

There are definitely no HO scenes. I think alot of games get lumped into the Hidden Object Game category when they are really adventure lite because they appeal to the same audience much of the time.

[Post New]by cleggum on Nov 12, 12 7:17 PM
I haven't gotten very far in the game but do like the graphics and story so far but I'm stuck, I have the second eye for the statue but it won't let me attach it. Got the first one in but it keeps telling me it isn't the right item but it is. Any one have problems with this or am I not doing something right.

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Nov 13, 12 6:49 PM
I enjoy this game very much, colors are beautiful along with a nice story line. Has any one notice that the music is the same as from Sybria. I like the whole package for this game.

yodelrags
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by yodelrags on Nov 25, 12 7:26 PM
Just finish the game and loved it!!! Want more games like this. Was about 6 hours just playing and enjoying. Did the hard mode.

tybud
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by tybud on Nov 26, 12 2:42 PM
I also love this game but, I can't finish it because I am now in the wheel chamber and when I tried to place the glass shards in the mirror it only took 3 of 4. It put the 4th one back into mu inventory and won't accept it. Tells me not the correct object. If anyone out there had the same problem and found a solution let me know. I would love to finish this game. Thank You tybud

[Post New]by shelterhill on Feb 20, 13 2:46 PM
This one is just released in The Netherlands, and I simply loved it...I had my doubts, but whowww what a delight to play this little gem...

Go to: