dlcoyte
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Reviews for Time Relics: Gears of Light

[Post New]by dlcoyte on Nov 14, 12 7:57 PM
Bought this one with a Free game credit... Did demo and as others said, wasnt blown away, but worth using a credit.

Game wasnt really bad, it was that silly choir music.... I had options (Music) turned almost off and still heard it loud and clear. lol It was like angels singing in the background the whole game. It would have had more of a scary feel and have gotten more into the game if the music was more suspenceful and not like you were in a church for hrs. If you do the game you will understand. After awhile you will either lower the (music)volume to nothing or keep it on and go nuts! I turned it to almost off.

Found one typo in the subtitle in kitchen above fryer. lol (....some some.....) Not thinking thats right?!!! lol Can I have some some of that please!

It wasnt the worst graphics or by far the best. Good game if you want to find a game thats half way decent to use a freebie on.

P.S. Oh yeah, Even on advanced you will get the "Gear" sparkle on just the HOGS nothing else... but still advanced should mean you have to work for that inventory item!

Edited on 11/14/2012 at 7:59:04 PM PST

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Nov 15, 12 8:16 AM
i got through 10 mins of the game and deleted it. dark, dull and dreary! not even as a dd

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Nov 15, 12 5:52 PM
I beta tested this one some time ago and it looks like nothing has changed. Still boring, still had the silly hooded floating guy, still has the dumb story line - was hoping they'd improve it, but no, still bad. Oh well.

CelticCoco

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Nov 27, 12 6:02 PM
Not the greatest game I've ever played, but worth the money as an SE. I'd recommend it.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Jan 5, 13 10:33 AM
Finished the game and am glad I did. Very worthy SE - decent graphics and gameplay. Music was nice at first but became very repetitive. Overall definitely worth buying.

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Oct 28, 13 1:02 PM
Got it as a freebie, quite good fun, but how come I find THE BASKETBALL, not A BASKETBALL? Am I just a pedant?

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Nov 17, 13 1:28 AM
bessiegirl wrote:Only made it through about 30 of the demo and got thoroughly bored. This is such a slow moving game and a little disjointed. There is no map so you basically stumble around with the Hint which refreshes OK. HOS are repetative as is the mini game to go from portal to portal and it is confusing and tedious. Skip refreshes fairly quickly.

Story is bland...more hooded priests or whatever trying to stop the bad guy and some girl pops up and you have no idea what she is doing there. A lot of cut scenes and dialog that weigh the game down. The music is horrible!!!! Had to turn both music and voice-overs off. Not for me...I give this a 1.5 I don't think I would even buy on a DD.

I agree the game is very slow moving. I managed to play the entire demo, but I began to get bored about halfway through. There are way too many puzzles to solve without really advancing the game or the plot. I had to turn the sound down. The music was terrible -- not at all appropriate to what was going on in the game and therefore distracting and intrusive -- and I can read faster than the voiceovers.

I have an idea the entire game is going to be the same thing over and over again with the hooded monk figures, more HOS and puzzles. Even as today's DD, I'm not buying it.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Mar 1, 14 6:25 PM
Use my free game coupon to buy. Graphics were okay, don't care for the music so turned it down. Puzzles were different. Enjoyed the HOS with the runes. Give it 3 stars.

Go to: