bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Post any Forbidden Secrets: Alien Town Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Nov 12, 12 2:51 AM
Heya Fishies,

It definitely isn't nice to miss a part of the game or to get stuck like this.

If you haven't done so already I would, it definitely would be great if you could get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can have a look at everything for you.

These reports not only show us if there are some adjustments that can be made to your computer, but they also give us very valuable information about the game itself - the sort of information we need to help pinpoint where the issue is coming from and even how it might be fixed.

It is also very beneficial for us to have as many Dr. Felixes as we can, so we can see if there are any trends or differences among the various systems and configurations.

Finally, some developers do visit the Forums and keep track of the technical issues that are posted in our tech threads. But others will only know about any problems if our Tech Department gets in touch with them, and even in that case, the more information we have to give them about the nature of the problem and how widespread it is, the better.

So, please do think about taking the time to help us out by running the Dr. Felix Report and sending it in. And thank you to those Fishies who have already done so.

Thanks!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 11/12/2012 at 2:52:44 AM PST

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

Re:Post any Forbidden Secrets: Alien Town Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Robilyn on Nov 12, 12 5:04 PM
Blah,blah,blah. You have had my money for 3 days. What do I have? l have a game that doesn't work. All I want to know is when will the game be fixed?

[Post New]by theimortal1974 on Nov 12, 12 6:28 PM
considering this game was released over a month ago (just got here now), i wouldn't hold your breath. they've known about this problem that entire time and haven't done anything about it.

[Post New]by sister2insanity on Nov 12, 12 10:20 PM
When I got to the crypt, I also had the exact same issue with the mini game. All debris was GONE and it wouldn't let me open the grate to retrieve the angel.

As annoying as it was, I found the solution. I began a new game, skipping though all I could and when I got to the crypt, I didn't take any chances. I burned the skip as soon as it was charged and like magic, the grate opened and the angel was in hand...

In my frustration, I've learned an excellent lesson... Never buy a CE without checking the tech forum first. Had I done so I, would've never purchased this game. I only hope I won't experience what others have when I get to the end.

[Post New]by debutaunt100 on Nov 13, 12 11:33 PM
rsorens wrote:Has anyone else had trouble retrieving the angel under the grate in the crypt? I have gone back in the guide to make sure I didn't miss any steps. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have a PC with windows 7, all drivers up to date. The hint button doesn't seem to be working now either. The map tells me there is something to do in any area I move to when there isn't anything to do. I am thinking it's a glitch in the game.

same thng and I even uninstalled and reinstalled then restarted game same place and if goes goofy

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Nov 14, 12 2:19 AM
Heya Fishies,

So we can investigate this further it would really be great if you could get in touch with our Tech Support Team as mentioned above.

By doing so you'll help us to gather information about what exactly is wrong with the game so we can work on getting this fixed!

Thanks!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 11/14/2012 at 4:50:21 AM PST

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Nov 14, 12 6:53 PM
Any word yet as to when a "fix" will come out for this game.

I have reported it to customer service, sent them the "Dr. Felix."

They have been in touch with me, but just wondering when and if a fix is coming?

rara3462
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by rara3462 on Nov 15, 12 6:31 AM
dpanrell wrote:I played the hour without any glitches, so I bought it. When I got to the end of the Amusement Park Chapter (CH. 3 I think), it went straight to the end of the game. Anyone else have this issue?

Me too, thought I had missed something and was getting a bit confused!!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 15, 12 9:48 AM
ghostguide2002 wrote:Any word yet as to when a "fix" will come out for this game.

I have reported it to customer service, sent them the "Dr. Felix."

They have been in touch with me, but just wondering when and if a fix is coming?

Hi ghostguide2002,

It looks like we are still collecting information about the issues that have been coming up. Depending on the specific trouble and where in the game it's located, it can take a while to get everything figured out. Working with the game developer on a fix can also take a bit of time.

If you'd rather not continue to wait, you can definitely get in touch with Tech Support again and they'll be happy to go over the options for replacing the game.

bfgMonongahela

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 15, 12 9:53 AM
rara3462 wrote:
dpanrell wrote:I played the hour without any glitches, so I bought it. When I got to the end of the Amusement Park Chapter (CH. 3 I think), it went straight to the end of the game. Anyone else have this issue?

Me too, thought I had missed something and was getting a bit confused!!

Hi rara3462,

If you haven't already done so, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. It could be that something didn't go exactly right when you upgraded to the full game and the "rest" of the full game was installed. You can read more about how to do that in our help article here.

If that doesn't get things straightened out, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can take a look at what's going on and work with you directly from there. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Nov 15, 12 3:16 PM
Thanks Monongahela ... I have been in touch with c/s ... as of this time, not enough people having issues so they're not sure if a fix will be out or not, but they were more than happy to satisfy me and refund my money for the problem I was having.

redroo
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by redroo on Nov 16, 12 4:15 PM
Oh what a shame. This has been the most perfect game up to now. Yes I got the angel stuck in the chapel and now just placed the medallions in the grate on Main Street and according to the SG should open a hidden object scene at the road works. Nothing happening and now if I go to the map where ever I go in the game I get the green feet.
I have restarted the game and that didnt solve the problem, so I will try a new name and then see what happens

redroo
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by redroo on Nov 16, 12 5:54 PM
OK restarted under a different name. This time I followed the SG, as previously I had gone a different route, as I forgot about the shotgun when I got the bullets. This time in the crypt I carefully removed everything and got the angel with no problems. Seems OK now. Did have a little blip with the map at one stage when it just showed all areas locked, but OK now.

[Post New]by louise007 on Nov 17, 12 10:11 AM
I am having the same problem with the angel, and I am tired of sending reports, this has been happening quite frequently, and I am fast losing interest

Myjoe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Myjoe on Nov 17, 12 8:12 PM
Hi

As posted on the other Crypt thread, I have the same problem with no more debris to move but the angel won't come out from under the grate. And just now I really can't be bothered reinstalling and starting again; perhaps tomorrow!

ETA I did reinstall and started under another name and had no problems with getting the angel or anything else.

Edited on 11/19/2012 at 7:11:43 PM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Nov 18, 12 6:07 AM
Heya Fishies,

I just wanted to drop by to remind you that if you haven't tried it yet, it would be great if you could send Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report to our Tech Support Team.

These reports not only show us if there are some adjustments that can be made to your computer, but they also give us very valuable information about the game itself - the sort of information we need to help pinpoint where the issue is coming from and even how it might be fixed.

It is also very beneficial for us to have as many Dr. Felixes as we can, so we can see if there are any trends or differences among the various systems and configurations.

Finally, some developers do visit the Forums and keep track of the technical issues that are posted in our tech threads. But others will only know about any problems if our Tech Department gets in touch with them, and even in that case, the more information we have to give them about the nature of the problem and how widespread it is, the better.

So, please do think about taking the time to help us out by running the Dr. Felix Report and sending it in. And thank you to those Fishies who have already done so.

Thanks!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 11/18/2012 at 6:08:16 AM PST

[Post New]by Tam418 on Nov 19, 12 11:31 AM
I also can't get the angel out of the grate. I paid $13.99 for this game. Please fix this issue. How do I know when it is resolved? If it doesn't get resolved, I would like a full refund for the game.

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Nov 19, 12 3:22 PM
Tam481: They will refund your money, I've been in touch with customer service and they gave me two choices, wait for a fix, which they said: There doesn't seem to be enough people having this problem, so a fix may not come out, yet they are willing to refund your money.

How many people does it take for the developers to take a look to see what the problem is?

I do appreciate the refund, but the response was not what I had intended it to be, you would think they would be all over the developers to make this right, also with the abrupt ending of this game!

So refund it was .... for me.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 20, 12 5:34 AM
Hi Fishies,

Tam418 - Welcome to the Pond! Please get in touch with our Tech Support so we can look into troubleshooting, or replace the game for you if you prefer. The last thing we want is for you to be left with a game that won't work.

ghostguide2002 - I am happy to offer some insight to how our escalation process works.

When it is apparent that there is an issue with the game, we will collect information from those who write to us, to see if we can isolate where the problem lies.

We will also get in touch with the developer and work with them on resolving the matter.

The fact of the matter is that sometimes, it may take some time for the developers to release a fix, or they may not be able to do so if they cannot reproduce the error.

This is why we will always offer a replacement or refund because try as we might, there are some issues that are outside of control.

I hope this information is helpful.

bfgBaikal

cchyna
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by cchyna on Nov 21, 12 12:04 PM
At least some of you made it that far, I got to the corn field HO and can't pick up the key to finish it.

Go to: