Re:Welcome to Virtual Villagers: A New Home forum

[Post New]by faayth on Feb 5, 09 8:41 AM
I cannot help you with the Golden Child because I need the same help. I am still early in the game. This is the second one I have played. Actually, the first one that I played was Secret City. Right now I have level 2 everything except medicine and almost have enough tech points to get level 3 tech so I can get the rest faster. Something really crummy is I dont have a Master Builder or Farmer yet. I have 3 people that are just RIGHT THERE and there is nothing else to build! Well, that I know of. I have built 2 huts and cleared the beach and I have the little pond. I have my second food source and fixed the school. I cant believe I didnt get a master builder out of all that building!

Any help would be nice. Is this the actual first game? I thought it was the new one when I found it cause it was on the home page of big fish.

Any help would be nice

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Feb 5, 09 5:36 PM
There are still a few more building projects left. You'll get them as you top out your tech levels. Your villagers will eventually master up so keep them working.
Yes, this is the first Virtual Villager, all you lack is The Lost Children which is my favorite.
Have fun

peach23
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by peach23 on Feb 8, 09 7:44 PM
Replying to several questions here -

Where are the herbs? If you pick up a villager and move around the area with them, you'll find 4 "strange plants". One is below the pool and to the left of the big rock (the one that the idol gets chiseled out of). One is to the left of that boulder everyone tries to push, and is a "medical cactus". Hint: to train a doctor, you can have them study this cactus. The third one is just above where all the kids go to answer the call of nature, and the fourth one is the pink flower / rare rose to the right of the food bin.

How do you get a Master Builder or Farmer? Take the villager with the highest level of the skill you want, and make them the ONLY one doing that chore. Have everyone else research or something. For Builders, even when there aren't any more building projects, the villager can be dropped on an existing hut, and they'll fix it. If they wander off, drop them on another hut. (Pls note this won't work on the huts that were already there, like the mating hut, the laundry hut, and the school.)

For the Golden Child - if you are already at 90 villagers, make sure that none of your villagers are selected as parents - and wait for someone to die. (This happened to me a few times.) Once someone dies, get another woman pregnant, and drop the nursing mother into the pool. Not the ocean, but the pool / lagoon. Voila, a Golden Child. The GC is the only one who can move that darn boulder, but you can't make him do it, he'll do it when he gets around to it. Also, the Golden Child is forever 5 years old.

[Post New]by deevamom on Mar 20, 09 7:07 AM
What is with the butterflies?? Can't figure it out

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Mar 22, 09 3:32 AM
The butterflies and the Golden Child are closely tied in solving the fruitless plant puzzle.

kelzj21
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by kelzj21 on Apr 10, 09 8:08 PM
what is with the flower/star puzzle? i cant figure it out! please help!

[Post New]by WarriorCat on Jun 28, 09 1:34 PM
Thought this was cool: If you want to change a villager's outfit click on the villager and hit F6 to scroll through choices. You can't go back to a previous outfit though so choose wisely

yammi
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by yammi on Jul 12, 09 9:40 AM
onlyonejudy wrote:[b]No matter what I do I can't get boulder to move, or solve the butterfly, flower/stars, or the funny little face thing puzzles......Help! Nothing has happened in a week or more. I am on easy now and have 90 villagers.......Help....

OK - I got the golden child and solved the puzzles and opened the boulder to the cave. Does anything else happen? Does anything/one come out of the cave or am I done........it was a fun game!!...

[Post New]by gamer3121 on Jul 16, 09 6:55 AM
How can i get all of the villagers to move all of the rocks so there can be farming?

blondie63
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by blondie63 on Jul 16, 09 5:41 PM
tazmotigger wrote:
onlyonejudy wrote:[b]No matter what I do I can't get boulder to move, or solve the butterfly, flower/stars, or the funny little face thing puzzles......Help! Nothing has happened in a week or more. I am on easy now and have 90 villagers.......Help....

OK - I got the golden child and solved the puzzles and opened the boulder to the cave. Does anything else happen? Does anything/one come out of the cave or am I done........it was a fun game!!...

how did you get the boulder to move?

Yes, How do you move the boulder?????

[Post New]by klyde_223 on Jul 24, 09 12:32 AM
CAN I ASK SOMETHING?? WHY MY VILLAGERS IS NOT BEARING A CHILD I PUT THE MALE ONE TO THE FEMALE ONE THEY GO TO INDOORS BUT AFTER THEY GO TO INDOORS THE FEMALE IS NOT NURSING A BABY???

ce_er
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by ce_er on Jul 25, 09 1:31 AM
klyde_223 wrote:CAN I ASK SOMETHING?? WHY MY VILLAGERS IS NOT BEARING A CHILD I PUT THE MALE ONE TO THE FEMALE ONE THEY GO TO INDOORS BUT AFTER THEY GO TO INDOORS THE FEMALE IS NOT NURSING A BABY???

just try to do it again..
coz sometime i needs several times..or try another pair.
and when they're hungry they won't having a baby.
hope that helps

-ce

ce_er
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by ce_er on Jul 25, 09 1:36 AM
i still can't get the golden child...
how do you get the golden child???

anybody...

Help me, please..

[Post New]by samii313 on Aug 25, 09 9:15 PM
right thought id try n help ppl out with puzzles n stuff.....

puzzle 1- the well: just drag a builder 2 the well n they will uncover it
puzzle 2-the hut: construct a new hut near research table
puzzle 3-the beach: clear bits of wood from beach near the trees n just up from sea at bottom left
puzzle 4-the school: drag a Master Scientist to the big hut just above the research table
puzzle 5-the lagoon: need level 2 construction 1st then drag builders to the top left corner were the bolders are
puzzle 6-the magic fish of fertility: need 2 finish puzzle 5 have levle 3 farming and a master farmer then just keep dragin ur master farmer to the lagoon till they come out with a fish in there hands
puzzle7-the cemetery: need level 2 spirituality and drag a villiger 2 the top right corner of game till they find a place 4 the dead
puzzle 8: drag 4 villigers 2 plants (thats all i know still need 2 do this 1)
puzzle 9-the garden: need 2 do puzzle 5 then drag villagers 2 the patch above the rare rose just left of the food dish (where they see dead flowers) villagers will go 2 lagoon n get water 2 water plants they need 2 do it a few times till flowers grow the more villagers doin so the faster it will be done just keep dragin villagers 2 the spot 2 get watter n bring back till finished
puzzle 10-the magic plant of life: need 2 finish puzzle 14 1st so that the butterflies follow the golden child then drag him 2 the orange plant above the berry bush were u get ur food from
puzzle 11-the temple: need level 3 spirituality then begin draging master builders to the ruins near bottom right corner of game
puzzle 12-the idol:need 2 complete puzzle 11 1st then drag builders 2 the big rock just above n 2 the left a little of the school (school above research table)
puzzle 13-the golden child: complete puzzle 12 n 5 then drag a nursing mum 2 the lagoon till child turns in2 golden child (it happend 1st time 4 me dnt know if will 4 every1 els if not just keep dragin till happens)
puzzle 14-the butterflies: drag golden child 2 garden till butterflies follow him
puzzle 15-te treasure: drag master builders 2 bottom of food bowl left of temple n keep droping them till they start digging more builders the better
puzzle 16-the cave: u dnt do nething u just have 2 wait for the golden child to remove the boulder

[Post New]by samii313 on Aug 25, 09 9:24 PM
tips:
wen making babys dnt wait 4 ppl 2 go in hut just keep pickin them straight back up after dropin them on 1 another n doin the same till the girl is holdin a baby

if some1 dies drop a child on the dead body n they will learn healing they may run away some times but just keep pickin them up n putin them back on

push f6 when a villager is selected n there clothes change

get villagers 2 study cactus 2 rase healing skill

drop villagers on already built huts till says fixing hut 2 rase building skill

aliah1
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by aliah1 on Aug 26, 09 5:44 PM
The Golden child

to get the Golden Child drop a nursing mother in the pond the child will transform into the golden child. But that comes after the jewel box is found

Lol have fun
Aliah

aliah1
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Welcome to Virtual Villagers: A New Home forum

[Post New]by aliah1 on Aug 30, 09 4:50 PM
What are the chances of getting a patch for switching heads?

Edited on 08/30/2009 at 4:53:23 PM PST

[Post New]by marcuscw on Sep 3, 09 3:07 PM
how do i build more huts i've built one but i cant seem to build more i dont know how to get the scafle things to show up like wh you build the first one

[Post New]by FLYGIRL72901 on Oct 25, 09 2:24 PM
Does anyone know how to locate the golden child. I saw something that said something about a golden child, but now I'm to the point where everyone is grown up and there isn't any children til they die off again. I have a population of 91. I got the lagoon and the huts and the temple, and the graves, and the flower bed, and fishing and the master scientist building for children. and the medicine from all 4 plants.

Getting Food

[Post New]by shalomyisrael7 on Oct 29, 09 10:30 AM
I just started playing and exhausted the resource of the berry bush. Is there any other way to get food before researching Farming?

Thanks.

Go to: