lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

Re:Reviews for Inception of Darkness: Exorcist 3

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Nov 14, 12 11:39 PM
It has got great graphics, but most of mini puzzles are mid-difficult, When using inventory, it doesnt have a lot of hints and I really felt stupid. I was at the river with the skeleton solider which has the musket. It said "Perhaps he would want to exchange for something". So I click on the stale bread and click against the musket and it gave error message "Cant use that here", yet the Hint button KEPT taking me back to same inventory area, and after trying THREE TIMES, I finally realised that I am supposed to "feed" the skeleton by clicking the stale bread AGAINST HIS MOUTH!

For screaming out loud, there is no separate sparkles and no other message like "Perhaps he would exchange for some food". But this wont help either coz the click MUST BE AGAINST HIS MOUTH! Not just on the skeleton will do!

Quite frustrating game, but it has got great storyline and a more helpful walkthrough would be appreciated greatly!!!!

PS: I still like the game though

valeriepres
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by valeriepres on Nov 16, 12 2:43 PM
I don't like this game. I played it until I got to the instrument where I had to feed it some letters and codes (Was it a telescope?) and the hint didn't help me.
There is no walkthrough so it is hopeless. I will not be buying the game even though I have 5 free credits.

AbleBabel
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,051 Posts

[Post New]by AbleBabel on Nov 19, 12 5:34 PM
LOVE this game.

I replayed Exorcist (first one) to remind myself what it was like, then bought Exorcist 2 and 3 and played them in order.

Exorcist 2 was very much better than 1, and I find Exorcist 3 every bit as good as 2. I'm playing Professional mode and it's hard enough to be intriguing, but not so hard that it is impossible. YES, you have to think. That's the whole idea, isn't it?

The graphics are great, too. I ADORED that first puzzle! That was hard, and boy did it feel good when I finally got it.

I'll be back for Exorcist 4 if (when?) it comes out. Thanks, Big Fish.

[Post New]by fanchonx on Dec 16, 12 11:10 AM
I like the game because of the interaction between the objects you find and the continuation of tne story. However, now i am stuck on the bridge and I can't open the box and the hint button keeps suggesting tha I do. With any walkthrough avalaibel I am afraid I wont be able to continue playing the game. I will pause a little and maybe when I come back I will see the solution. I would regret to stop playing the game because I really like it.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jun 6, 13 11:48 PM
Uninspired Prequel

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

This game should have been icing on the Exorcist series cake. It has EXCELLENT GRAPHICS, a COMPELLING STORY, and INTERESTING GAMEPLAY.

But it was totally ruined for me within the opening moments.

This STORY is set in Jacob’s (our character from Exorcist II) childhood. He has been kidnapped by a demon, and his father calls in the boy’s godfather, none other than our old friend Garret Ghostfinder. Once again we get to play him at his prime.

But it is absolutely sacrilegious! They have substituted Ghostfinder’s very proper English VOICEOVER to one with a broad American accent. Unthinkable. It would have been much better to simply call on an American exorcist, and leave Ghostfinder out of it altogether. The STORY didn’t really require that it be him to make sense. It was just a fun aspect.

Other than this, the game has become pretty much your every day mainstream SE game. They have messed not only with the VOICEOVERS, but the AMBIENT SOUNDS AND DEMONIC MUTTERINGS have been replaced by BLAND MUSAK. Ick!

The GRAPHICS are GREAT, the HO SCENES are clear, not too cluttered, and – an important improvement from the previous games – there are no more objects too tiny to identify. The scenes are visited twice, not always spread sufficiently apart.

WELL DONE on the PUZZLES though. These had some of the usuals, but they also had some INTERESTING & ORIGINAL ones as well.

On the Quirk-O-Meter, this game scores very low compared to the other Exorcist games, but it retains a bit of that maverick spirit – some of the items used, well, interestingly. There is really only one character outside the father and Ghostfighter and he DEFINITELY rates as QUIRKY.

This Exorcist takes itself a bit too seriously for my tastes. The previous ones always give me a good giggle.

I recommend this game!

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jun 27, 13 3:00 AM
Not a bad game, but not a great one either. It's very hard to find a good SE lately. It's too bad, because I'm not going to spend the money for a CE, and waiting around for the SE is torture if it's a really great game, like the House of 1000 Doors series.

If this came up as a DOD, I might get it. Otherwise, no.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Aug 3, 13 6:09 PM
Based on as much of the demo as I could stand before screaming:

For me, the major problem with this game is the HOS. The last one I "finished" had a menorah. I clicked on that menorah about ten times and then used a hint. Of course it took me back to the menorah. Evidently you have to click on one tiny part of it and clicking anywhere else doesn't work.

Then there were the nuts in the same HOS. I put them where I thought they belonged. They flew right back. I used another hint. It prompted me to put the nuts exactly where I had tried to put them before.

That was enough for me. The HOS are grainy and the items are often very tiny and hard to see. I'm not sure about the items being labeled correctly. I still think that a "brush" ended up being a "bell". Also, the names of the interactive items were almost impossible for me to even read. If I don't know what I'm looking for how can I find it? Although come to think of it, even if I did find it I could click on it all day and it wouldn't be picked up.

As to the story - well, so far nothing much seems to be happening. There's nothing scary or creepy so far. I suppose that could change later on but with the title I expected something frightening. Except for the problems in the HOS I haven't seen anything frightening yet.

The music is awful; just the same over and over.

I don't care what anyone says - that was a brick. I used it out of desperation and just stared stupidly at the screen as it was chomped down. Thinking out of the box is good but that is simply inane.

Why would I buy this game?

Edited on 08/03/2013 at 6:20:46 PM PST

Go to: