innej
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Legends: The Undertaker Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by innej on Nov 15, 12 11:47 AM
Boo! 5 minutes in (55 minutes left to play on exit) and I've had 2 access violation errors. Maybe I'll try the SE when it comes out.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Legends: The Undertaker Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 15, 12 12:20 PM
Hi innej,

I'm sorry to hear you're having so much trouble with this game! Access violations can come up for a couple different reasons, but our help article here goes over some things you can try to get the issue resolved.

Our Tech Support Team would also be happy to take a look at things and do some more troubleshooting with you directly. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by franitfc on Nov 15, 12 1:21 PM
lovedthe game love ers they do a fantastic job but yet again at end of game cannot put the last part on the fish even though i have found it looked at the strategy guide know where it should go but it wont fit on tried the fish all over so yet again cannot complete a game think i will stop buying games here feel im being cheated
sorry update i reinstalled it played with system cursor it is fine now ty for your help excellent game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited on 11/16/2012 at 1:18:48 AM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Nov 15, 12 1:40 PM
Hi franitfc,

I'm sorry to hear that happened. Did you by chance look back in the Strategy Guide to see if another previous step was missed? That may be blocking that item. If that isn't helping, sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling the game can get objects working again. You can find more information about doing that on our help article here:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you continue to experience that problem, our Tech Support Team will be happy to assist you so you can finish that game! We definitely don't want you to be unhappy with any of the games you purchase.

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

crabbycat
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by crabbycat on Nov 15, 12 3:13 PM
Wow...I bought this game without doing a trial and so far I have had two problems.In the beginning, the screen went black at the place where the womens pleas were to be heard. I hit escape and was able to restart and things went ok until I got to the subterrainian scene and then I got the access violation "@0x6DB5EE33 tried to read from 0X00000008, program terminated" Guess that'll teach me to buy before trying, but I really liked the others in this series. I am hoping BFG or ERS will give us a fix for this. Can't try any more today, as I have to get ready for work. :-(

Peta52
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Peta52 on Nov 15, 12 3:14 PM
I've got the same error messages, had to use task manger to exit. Tried the fixes but they didn't work so just sent a file to customer support. We'll see what happens but not buying it unless it is fixed.

innej
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by innej on Nov 15, 12 3:52 PM
innej wrote:Boo! 5 minutes in (55 minutes left to play on exit) and I've had 2 access violation errors. Maybe I'll try the SE when it comes out.

I went back in an hour ago and was able to move past the place where I had the 2nd error. Finished the entire demo with no more issues so ??? I have no idea why I got them or why they went away!

packrat54
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by packrat54 on Nov 15, 12 4:29 PM
I, too, am having problems. First try I was downloading the trial and found it was very slow...like an hour to download. I have not had this problem before . Next, it got through the first stage of downloading and started validating. Again it took over an hour to vaiidate and when it got to the end instead of moving forward to the next step it returned to downloading. Also, I had problems with my pointer and it finally froze so I had to do an abort of the process. I am sad because I really liked the 2 previous games. I guess I will try again another day.

Linochka
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Linochka on Nov 15, 12 5:36 PM
I don't know if anybody else having this small but annoying problem. Every time I move from one place to another game freeze up for 10-=15 seconds,after it working normally until next move.

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Nov 15, 12 7:48 PM
When I was doing the trial version, I got and Access Violation error. I thought it was a fluke, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the trial. It worked fine until I finished the trial and purchased the full game. Now while playing the game, I have run into the same error in 3 different spots so far. I am not going to continue playing until a fix is found, or until I get my money back.

[Post New]by mysticlady4 on Nov 15, 12 8:43 PM
I can't even get the game to open. I click on play but nothing and if I try clicking again it says games running. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it but same issue.

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Nov 15, 12 10:19 PM
The game froze twice and then I got a "runtime error" twice. Why wasn't this all taken care of before it was released? Doesn't anyone check the games anymore for errors before release to the public?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 16, 12 2:11 AM
HI Fishies,

Access violation messages tend to indicate that the computer and game are not communicating as they should so I would suggest checking the the help article here, for tips on how you can prevent the error from showing.

To improve the performance of your game or if you game is failing to respond when you press play, the help article here, will help you to search and run for updates.

If those steps don't help or you would like us to assist you with this, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team.

One of our Reps will be happy to offer further suggestions and provide more tailored advice that we can offer via the Forums.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 11/16/2012 at 2:15:53 AM PST

debbie1001
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by debbie1001 on Nov 16, 12 4:09 AM
So far no freeze or error message, However when the people speak I get the voice sounds like a record skipping. Saw that another person had same problem. Too bad that so many people are having problems with this game. What is up with that??? So many games recently with problems.

Don't Let Down Now, ERS

[Post New]by StuMotor on Nov 16, 12 4:34 AM
I am an avid supporter of ERS, but this is the first game that I have had performance problems. I did complete the game, but I had to restart the game at least three times because of freezing. In case ERS is reading this, or Big Fish and can get the message to ERS: don't get lazy with putting together quality games. The rush to get games out and to get more revenue can lead to releasing performance-problem games and ultimately, losing your loyal gaming fans.

tinaccarroll
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by tinaccarroll on Nov 16, 12 6:12 AM
takes toooooo long between scenes. ill wait til it gets fixed.

[Post New]by soshayna on Nov 16, 12 9:10 AM
Many access violation errors during trial. I buy and download games all the time from Big fish and never have this happen. I am inclined to believe it is an issue with the game, rather than my computer. I will wait and try the trial of SE version before I commit to a purchase I will regret. That being said, the game looks great...I just wish the technical issues can be fixed.

[Post New]by NancySusan on Nov 16, 12 10:04 AM
This was barely playable on my computer: kind of a throw-back to my early ERS days, with slow to very slow cursor, slow setting up of scenes, and enough glitches (even the sound continuity was affected, which is really unusual), that I was pretty sure, having read the tech complaints in the forum, I would also be kicked out sooner or later, so before the game totally froze up (it was clearly heading in that direction), I exited and deleted the game. This game would take a lot of fixing for me to be able to play it.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Nov 16, 12 10:26 AM
Hey Fishies,

I know it can be frustrating when a game doesn't work, and if you'd like I would definitely recommend checking out some of our help articles, like the Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen help article and the Access Violation help article.

Also it would be great to contact our Customer Support Team. They'll help to try to get the game working and would definitely appreciate the feedback about the game.

I've included a link here to submit a support ticket if that's something you'd like to try. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!

bfgIzara

Edited on 11/16/2012 at 10:27:09 AM PST

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Nov 16, 12 1:24 PM
I got the dreaded Access Violation error code. I am conscientious about keeping my add-ons up-to-date; but discovered an update to both DirectX and Adobe Flash Player that needed to be installed. After I updated those and went back to the demo, it played perfectly. This will now go on my "Wish List" of CEs in hopes of a BOGO sale on Game Club Credits.

Edited on 11/16/2012 at 1:25:40 PM PST

Go to: