sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

Re:Reviews for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Cursed Wedding

[Post New]by sunshinej on Jan 25, 13 11:06 AM
I had to play this game twice. On my first play through I had trouble with access violations 3 times the last one being at the very end! When I went back in the game it said I already finished and do I want to play again! Thinking about it I thought I do want to see the ending, so I played it again, second time around no access violations kicking me out of the game.

I did find the game enjoyable, but was confused by the story. Where did the antagonist Mephistus come from? He wasn't in the other two Shadow Wolf games unless he was in the bonus game from Bane of the Family. I wouldn't know since I got the SE of Bane of the Family.

crofootski
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by crofootski on Feb 2, 13 2:18 PM
bessiegirl wrote:I have just finished this game and this ending beats all the crappy endings I have ever encountered. Not only did this game freeze several times on me, but the last time it froze and went out and back in again, (just like all the times before) and hit play and it said I had completed the game and "thank you". The last thing I did was head into the basement with the rifle and into the dark, then freezeup, game ended nothing else.

I, too, went into the basement and it was all dark except for the dialogue printed on the bottom of the screen. The dialogue eventually stopped and all that was left was a dark screen with "Skip" in the upper right corner. I waited a bit and finally hit the Skip word and then the credits came up! I guess I was supposed to put the mirror on the wolf or shoot it or something. Very strange ending.

[Post New]by HaroldPutter on Feb 18, 13 7:43 AM
Great story, beautiful graphics, HOG's and the mini-games are innovative without being brain-numbing, earn achievements ... no glitches. This is a buy for me.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Mar 27, 13 5:43 AM
I really enjoyed playing this one. I did use the walkthrough a couple of times, but I was able to finish it in one sitting, which I like to do. I loved the graphics, too. My only complaint would be not enough HOS. LOL! I play these games for the HOS and for trying to figure out what to do next. I don't like puzzles, but I will say these were pretty easy. I skipped a few of them just because I wasn't interested to play them. I keep waiting for a game with no puzzles or mini games at all. I guess it will never happen.

I agree with the reviewer who said, "On the subject of idiot developers, why do we have to wait on the hint or skip button to recharge? I paid money to play the game, not to sit in total boredom waiting for a button to charge." I have played a couple of games where the hint and skip buttons filled immediately. What a concept!

I think a lot of reviewers really like the really challenging games with all the upgraded bells and whistles like interactive maps etc.... like way more challenging than I would want to play. This one could have been a little more challenging even for me, but for a nice, fun game this one fit the bill. Plus, there's not a whole lot of back and forth you have to do, so I really didn't miss having a map.

And to the reviewer who said they wouldn't play this game again, why would you play any of these games more than once?

Edited on 03/27/2013 at 5:50:17 AM PST

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on May 18, 13 7:33 PM
Another in the Shadow wolf mysteries, this one even the cutscenes are worth watching, the story line is great, defeat the great evil one so the girl can marry her love one.

Still the ending suggest more to come.

Great game.

[Post New]by Mitani on Feb 13, 14 3:13 PM
I loved the first installment, and how the second one carried on... but... this third installment... I just...

The storyline was... Awful.

The gameplay was far more liniar which... is good in a way, but made it feel a little short and sweet. Much of the atmosphere of the original game and urgency I found was lost.

The graphics were jarring I found personally, they improved from the first two but I found the more 3d renders to be less natural and realistic than previous incarnations of the series.

The second installment also didn't lie when it said it would follow Veronica. The ending (SE) felt awfully rushed. I think its safe to say that the first one is the best one, and there's only one sequel for me.

There's far less hidden item puzzles, and there's a couple of different ones - blends of hidden items and other types. Which... I don't know, make the game shorter. I played expecting the hidden item puzzles and found the newer ones lacked the time value.

Well... my two penneth anyway

Go to: